Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 seller possiblity on the CM...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
#1 seller possiblity on the CM...

PhoenixOmega
06.17.2015 , 02:35 PM | #1
A leveI 60 that you can buy on the CM...ok... BUT I could see a better item that could be sold that would make everyone happy. If its about getting new players into the game and having old ones return, I got a GREAT idea...

In the new expansion, we have been frozen in time for "x" amount of time... During that time, a "Great Explorer" has gone through the galaxy and found all the data-crons for your faction!!! He owns a shop and you can get a "key" to it and receive ALL the data-crons, all at once

Basically, if you have a brand new 60, -OR-someone returning to the game, alts...so on and so on... why not give a way for people to get all the data-crons all at once by selling "a key" to access "a area" that has ALL of them in one place.

Also, that would solve the jumping problems and engine problems people complain about, solve the problem of re-running alts, or like me, just thought, why bother, its a easier way to get it done!!

DOHboy
06.17.2015 , 02:38 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixOmega View Post
Great!! I am really happy about the news of being able to buy a fresh new llevel 60 on the GTN

However, I would see a better item that could be sold that would make everyone happy. if its about getting new players into the game and having old ones return, I got a GREAT idea...

In the new expansion, we have been frozen in time for "x" amount of time... during that time, a "Great Explorer" has gone through the galaxy and found all the data-crons for your faction!!! He owns a shop and you can get a "key" to it and receive ALL the data-crons, all at once

Basically, if you have a brand new 60, that you paid for on the GTN, why not give a way for people to get all the data-crons all at once by selling "a key" to access a area that has ALL of them in one area. People that really don't want all that hassle of re-running alts, or like me, just thought, why bother, its a easier way to get it done!!, just like making a new level 60
or not.

personally people think the instant 60 is going to be so good.

Well imagine starting with zero credtis, zero comms, zero carfting, zero mats, zero schematics, zero affection on companions, zero speeders, zero legacy unlocks (chart ones anyway), zero social, zero valor...hmm yeah that sounds great.
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

SaerethDL
06.17.2015 , 02:55 PM | #3
I dont like the idea of a free or paid lvl 60... makes me want to quit the game for good.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing.You will forever stand alone."
Get a FREE server transfer, FREE 7 days subscription, FREE inventory slot upgrade and other FREE goodies! CLICK HERE

DOHboy
06.17.2015 , 03:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
I dont like the idea of a free or paid lvl 60... makes me want to quit the game for good.
well depending on how it goes, you start at 60 with no skills (at least the skills are free now) may or may not have gear level appropriate gear, may/maynot have relics, no credits, no coms, no unlocs (from legacy), probably no crafting/gathering skills, no schematics, no companion affection (or default romance), no customized companion look.

probably not all that great honestly.
ya'll know what this is (hint yes its a referral link)

DisIzMe
06.17.2015 , 03:09 PM | #5
Unless there is some sort of check to make sure people at least played few hm flashpoints before joining gf ops,i would bet that this will mean death of group finder pug opses.
People that leveled only 5 levels trying to do whatever new underlurker equivalent would be....The Horror....

Steelarion
06.17.2015 , 03:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SaerethDL View Post
oh Lord...don't tease us...you are leaving...right?

Psychopyro
06.17.2015 , 04:05 PM | #7
Actually like it or not, the level 60 for a price is a good idea. In other games it has been a proven driver to bring new people in the game who want to play with friends. It's also a fairly high priced first time buy, but it invests the new player in the game, driving them to play longer and possibly spend more.

People can scream about it all they want, but in the end, it's probably the 1 item in the CM that will DRIVE new players and that is good for the game. Trust me, the people that can spend $50 on a insta 60 are not (for the most part) going to be whining teenagers who refuse to learn anything.

hooty
06.17.2015 , 04:13 PM | #8
Buy all the datacrons on the CM? I vote "hell no".
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

DawnAskham
06.17.2015 , 04:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychopyro View Post
Actually like it or not, the level 60 for a price is a good idea. In other games it has been a proven driver to bring new people in the game who want to play with friends. It's also a fairly high priced first time buy, but it invests the new player in the game, driving them to play longer and possibly spend more.

People can scream about it all they want, but in the end, it's probably the 1 item in the CM that will DRIVE new players and that is good for the game. Trust me, the people that can spend $50 on a insta 60 are not (for the most part) going to be whining teenagers who refuse to learn anything.
Some will be adults with disposable cash assuming since they paid for the level boost, they shouldn't have to work for anything, including understanding their character.

And no matter what is or is not included, some will be here whining that since they paid, they are entitled to all unlocks, datacrons, top gear, maxed crew skills, maxed companion affection, you name it.

But even so, I don't see it as a problem given really bad players somehow make it to 60 today - so whether they buy the 60 or level the old fashioned way really won't change whether they are a good or bad player.

How much of an impact this causes for 60+ grouping will depend upon how Bioware handles the boost and / or any other changes.

If they add some sort of training missions or guides and provide a reasonable starter gear set, then it might not be a big issue.

If they just dump these characters into the 60+ game with minimal gear and nothing in the way of training missions or guides, then getting these boosted 60s in group finder will probably be hell for the rest of us.

Psychopyro
06.17.2015 , 04:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
If they just dump these characters into the 60+ game with minimal gear and nothing in the way of training missions or guides, then getting these boosted 60s in group finder will probably be hell for the rest of us.
My personal guess is they are going to get the best non instance gear given thru questing, which would be the 190 blue mod gear from Ziost (un augmented or slotted) to get them into the 60+ content.

Now teaching them to play... like any game that will probably fall to the community. But I'll almost assume they'd have to play to level 65 almost solo given the previous force of solo the last 2 expansions. Which means they'd at least have a (or say should have) a basic understanding of how their class works.