I love it!!!

Caladoren

Finally an MMO expansion that caters to my play style and doesn't cater to the very Loud and very Vocal MINORITY of pvp players and raiders. I can't wait to play an actual story based pve expansion. Great job Bioware! Thank you!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear story-only nerds:

The reason why story is such a popular category is because so many of the folks you like to mentally cram in a box,"Raiders" and "PvPers", do story too. Yep, basically most folks are doing story *and* other stuff. Except for you. That makes you the minority, not the other way around.

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:

You can't. :rak_03:

Edited by Joesixxpack

Dear story-only nerds:

The reason why story is such a popular category is because so many of the folks you like to mentally cram in a box,"Raiders" and "PvPers", do story too. Yep, basically most folks are doing story *and* other stuff. Except for you. That makes you the minority, not the other way around.

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:

And here we see the standard attempt to pretend everyone else is the minority when time and time again in multiple MMOs, on the occasion devs have released metrics raiding and PvP is the minority.

The lie has died and there is nothing you guys can do about it but scream at the clouds.

P.S. Raiding isn't a sport...and calling others nerds while you are posting on an internet forum about a Star Wars video game is so ironic it may actually cause this thread to implode.

And here we see the standard attempt to pretend everyone else is the minority when time and time again in multiple MMOs, on the occasion devs have released metrics raiding and PvP is the minority.

The lie has died and there is nothing you guys can do about it but scream at the clouds.

P.S. Raiding isn't a sport...and calling others nerds while you are posting on an internet forum about a Star Wars video game is so ironic it may actually cause this thread to implode.

Dear fellow nerd. I'm not a member of any "you guys" groups, and personally don't consider any form of online gaming a sport. No screaming at any clouds here, just pointing and laughing at erroneous claims...

Edited by Joesixxpack

Dear fellow nerd. I'm not a member of any "you guys" groups, and personally don't consider any form of online gaming a sport. No screaming at any clouds here, just pointing and laughing at erroneous claims...

LOL, devs across multiple games have proven us correct.

Finally an MMO expansion that caters to my play style and doesn't cater to the very Loud and very Vocal MINORITY of pvp players and raiders. I can't wait to play an actual story based pve expansion. Great job Bioware! Thank you!!!

I raid. I love raiding.

But let me tell you, not all raiders are against this.

I also love story and am a plot whore.

To me, this is an example of BioWare doing it right.

And as for raiding, if they are making good on what they said they are, and bringing all Ops and Flashpoints up to level 60+, then so long as the rewards for those flashpoints and ops are also brought into line, I fully support this because that means there will be a point again to running all the great FPs and Ops in the game already.

LOL, it's the old pulling back to everyone knows response. I'm talking about this game. Got anything for this one that proves my point wrong?

BioWare followed their metrics and therefore have changed their gameplan and are catering to us.

That is all the proving we need to prove you are wrong, and we are right.

Regardless of what you say and all the lame 3rd grade put downs you can muster, BioWare is still going to focus on story first, in their own words, from their own mouths.

Look here ^, a great example of what I'm talking about.

Don't lump me in though.

Because I love the direction the game is going. And I, as a raider, KNOW I am in the minority.

That's the difference between you and me - I'm not deluding myself.

BioWare followed their metrics and therefore have changed their gameplan and are catering to us.

Regardless of what you say and all the lame 3rd grade put downs you can muster, BioWare is still going to focus on story first, in their own words, from their own mouths.

I think the whole industry is learning that. There are no new "old school" style MMOs coming out, and those that are out are being forced into F2P because there arenn't enough PvPers and Raiders to support them.

People are just sick of the whole concept, the time investment, the having to deal with little Napoleon douchebag raid leaders and the general arrogance of raiders.

It's a dying concept...let it die.

Dear story-only nerds:

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:

cmon joe..don't be like that now. -_-

You, we? What is this ridiculous bone-headed nonsense? Are you even reading my posts or just posting pre-populated notes?

Pay attention this time:

Story is widely beloved in different degrees by lots of players. NOT JUST PLAYERS WHO ONLY PLAY FOR THE STORY. Posts like you and the others above me sound like children taking over a play ground from other children. Unlike some other goofballs, I'm interested in everybody getting diverse things that interest them, and want BW to do their best to make it so.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I think the whole industry is learning that. There are no new "old school" style MMOs coming out, and those that are out are being forced into F2P because there arenn't enough PvPers and Raiders to support them.

People are just sick of the whole concept, the time investment, the having to deal with little Napoleon douchebag raid leaders and the general arrogance of raiders.

It's a dying concept...let it die.

Obviously you've had some bad experiences. But don't lump everyone together and go to extremes.

Raiding is not a dying concept.

If nothing else though, it is an unfeasible solution as a dedicated endgame when it comes to widespread retention.

Raiding adds flavor to a game. However, did you see what they are doing going forward?

Allegedly, they are going to allow players to solo the new ops to experience the story. Personally, I love that idea.

You, we? What is this ridiculous bone-headed nonsense? Are you even reading my posts or just posting pre-populated notes?

Pay attention this time:

Story is widely beloved in different degrees by lots of players. NOT JUST PLAYERS WHO ONLY PLAY FOR THE STORY. Posts like you and the others above me sound like children taking over a play ground from other children. Unlike some other goofballs, I'm interested in everybody getting diverse things that interest them, and want BW to do their best to make it so.

To be perfectly fair Joe, this mmos main stay is and always has been lots and lots of story. It's a different type of mmo where story with full voice acting is the main draw.

Would be nice to have everything be diverse every expansion, but right now they are going to focus LOTS on story. That's the main stay of the game and what it is advertised as and why it was made. BioWare storytelling in an mmo form.

Obviously you've had some bad experiences. But don't lump everyone together and go to extremes.

If nothing else though, it is an unfeasible solution as a dedicated endgame when it comes to widespread retention.

Raiding adds flavor to a game. However, did you see what they are doing going forward?

Allegedly, they are going to allow players to solo the new ops to experience the story. Personally, I love that idea.

and more will keep on being added in the coming months and year. This game isn't going anywhere. People need to learn patience.

Spending this whole year on story is a bad move. Granted we don't know what else comes with this expansion yet completely, but going by the interviews, endgame is going to get the shaft until 2016. This is classified as an MMO-RPG (right?) How many people will actually play this game, new and old, the rest of this year for something they can finish in a month's time on alts. They need to spend more time on endgame for this game to gain more players, otherwise after this expansion....end game will be a ghost town once again and those story lovers will be gone in about 3 months to move on to a brand new single player game.

Edit: I like the story in this game, but if I wanted to play an actual single player RPG, i'd be playing Mass Effect or something more along those lines.

Edited by Jmenks

Lumping everyone or go to extremes eh? If you read my posts ITT you'd see that I'm doing exactly the opposite, and calling people out on doing that.

Experience-wise I'm disappointed that they don't consider common group end-game content worth even hinting at. Particularly after well-known droughts or other player-satisfaction issues. I am glad to see new story even though I'd prefer it wasn't a slash the past for a new future. That's just me and my preferences obviously. Nope haven't seen any notes on solo ops. Sounds like a good idea for those of us who raid rarely but want to see the stories and content they include.

Pay attention this time:

Decisions are made based on where the money is. If there were money in raiders and PvPers, they would cater to you more.

I'm looking forward to them completely throwing in the towel and making all FPs and Ops soloable.

Dear story-only nerds:

Prove me wrong.

Pro tip:

If the majority of players focused on Raiding, BW would cater to them. They aren't, so they're not. The demands for more Raids at the expense of everything else is coming from a loud minority of players and we all know that now.

If the majority of players focused on Raiding, BW would cater to them. They aren't, so they're not. The demands for more Raids at the expense of everything else is coming from a loud minority of players and we all know that now.

Some of us have known that for many years, but as more metric tracking tools are available to devs they too are learning it.