2014 Reddit Rumor - Full

Holocron

So some people haven't read the rumor, but there are some interesting things in it. Some of it has already come true, but some parts seem wrong, however it could just be cause we haven't found out about it yet. Some of it too might have changed in subsequent meetings after this post was originally made. Either way, here is. This rumor was reposted around the fall of 2014 before SOR, but it originally was posted before the launch of Forged Alliances.

Star Wars: Prelude to Darkness

A bunch of us ended up being privy to some meetings that were meant to be kept secret from us, so I should be safe and anonymous enough to share this information. I’m only doing this because I love this game and I think the plans to keep all of this secret until the last moment are only to the game’s detriment. I’m not actually a super lore-nerd, so I might miscommunicate some of what I heard—I tried SO hard to get this accurate and to remember as best as I could for you guys.

EA and Disney have a brilliant plan for SWTOR. It will be upgraded to canon in the next expansion and will have some subtle tie-ins with Star Wars 7. (Specifically, a certain planet will be used and lord Vitiate will be an off-screen influence on the main villain of 7). The first step, although it won’t be obvious how, to SWTOR’s ending has begun in Forged Alliances.

The storyline for SWTOR is going to end in about 3.5 years, and the sequel is already in development. These next 3 years are going to see an increase in funding as the game is brought back in line with initial expectations. There is a fun plan to let SWTOR run for as long as players want it to, with dynamic and scaling end-game content, but focus will shift to SWTOR 2. It will run on the Cryengine 3 Frostbite 3 (sorry I was excited and they look similar to me), so your first preview of how the game might look/run will be Dragon Age 3 later this year.

The personal stories of SWTOR will continue in the next major Xpac, and they will each have an “ending”. YOUR character from SWTOR will appear in the as-yet-unnamed SWTOR 2 in various forms. Force Ghosts, holocrons, etc. As of right now, only one class appears to be able to survive until SWTOR 2 (Sith Inquisitor), but that might change. These will use your appearance settings and dialogue based on the actions you chose in the game. I will detail what I could gather about the plot later on in this post.

There will be a newgame+ option added to SWTOR, some big bonuses for players who use it, and some major tweaks to the leveling experience and early planets. For example, coroscant lets you turn in most quests via holocalls rather than walking back. Newgame+ will be important as some characters that were not previously able to will become companions if certain story options are taken, and same gender romance will be added. It appears LucasArts was the one behind not allowing them in the first place.

There will be some hefty rewards and updates to the original game that make going through newgame+ for that new companion romance feel less painful if you don’t want to. For example, a “rocket boots” type move for each class that is specific to each class (SI get to ride the lightning), and a class specific mount granted at level 15, that upgrades to a better appearance at level 30.

The engine will be heavily revamped, and with the expansion, the game will be brought to consoles as a buy-to-play title with a cartel market. The goal will be to revamp all existing game systems so that everything fits nicely into place as one coherent whole game.

New species—Torgruta, some other ugly thing

Gameplay/expansion features:

-Most level 60 content will involve cross-faction queues, when story appropriate.

-There will be some cross-faction planets where you can work cooperatively with the other faction. On PVP servers, you can flag yourselves PvP on these planets anyway.

-New action mode that allows mouselook and changes some of your move to macros to reduce your number of keybinds.

-Can use appearance changer on most companions, including species change.

-Same sex romance for most companions, including a few new romance options (Jaesa Lightside is one)

The Ending of SWTOR:

-Lord Vitiate has regained his power for the most part. His 300 year link to Revan allowed him to subsume Revan at the end of Foundry. (The two are now one, mostly integrated personality, although both sides will have chances to flash to the forefront). He has also been able to absorb power from the “deaths” of many powerful force users. (Spoilers: Darth Thanaton, for example, and Lord Baras if you’re on a Sith Warrior who didn’t spare him, same thing for Syo Bakarn and many other characters, Jadus, etc. You kill a lot of powerful Sith, and apparently the Emperor had their essences on tap. Choosing to spare various Sith will make Vitiate a bit weaker for your account).

-Vitiate has assembled a host of what are basically all the enemies that have been fought in SWTOR—Directive 7, some dread stuff, some cosmic horrors. Not all of them realize they are directly controlled by him, instead acting as puppets, but they serve his purposes.

NEW CLASS STORIES: Each of the 8 characters will take on a major role in opposing Vitiate’s new attempt to absorb all life in the galaxy and become a God. Interesting, many characters and companions will appear in each other’s stories, and will make the dialogue choices that your character would based on LS/DS alignment. Some combinations will even have flirt options and such, which is fun, and some dialogue options will change based on how your characters are placed on the family tree (for example, rude options chosen if they are a rival, some indication of family/alliances/relationships between others. No, you wont be able to flirt with family, even if this is star wars).

Story spoilers:

The planetary story arcs will all deal with differing elements of fighting Vitiate and what he is doing. Many planets will be returned to for new level 55+ content

Korriban and Tython are important because Vitiate gets some powers from these planets, and some ancient droids/force-weapons.

-IA story will deal with infiltrating elements of the Republic AND Sith fleet that have been secretly taken over by the Emperor. A long series of manipulations will lead to the two sides of Vitiate’s stolen fleet fighting one another while the IA assassinates most of the leaders of Vitiate’s Navy.

-The JK storyline will be very dark, with one companion being forced back into Vitiate’s sway at intervals. The Emperor will also be closely connected to you, and try to take over your mind at times. This will lead to the Jedi Council trying to reign you in and keep you from going on missions—forcing the JK to ask mostly without the support of the Jedi or Republic. The JK will attempt to assassinate Vitiate and fail, losing a companion’s life. There will actually be a branching story where the JK can turn to the dark side if he is not already, or gain enhanced DS power. At least one companion will turn with you. The JK will then focus on defense—using powerful force artifacts to create barriers to Vitiate’s attempts to drain all life from the universe. These arcs will be assaulted by the most powerful enemies Vitiate can muster, and it will be the JK’s job to defend them. Vitiate WILL get to begin his ritual, and it will be the Jedi Knights job to protect the primary Arc—located on coroscant. Lightside choices allow the Jedi Knight to sacrifice themselves—they become a force ghost that can still take corporeal form. The Dark Side choice allows the arc to be destroyed instead, but the JK gains access to powerful dark-side alternative visuals for some moves.

-The Sith Inquisitor will hunt down various artifacts, force-users, and even some ghosts that are aiding Vitiate’s power. The SI will have no choice but to take this power for themselves, leading to visions that show the SI taking Vitiate’s place as sort of God. As the story progresses and Darth Marr is killed, you take over leadership of the Empire. You have multiple options to waste resources by attacking the Republic to your own benefit, or could allow for an alliance that leads to Vitiate’s destruction. The SI gets an option to take Vitiate’s place and become a cosmic force entitity—killing all those that Vitiate would kill, but taking the power for themselves instead. The SI passes off this choice to others by saying Vitiate did it.

-The Consular will lead the Jedi Council’s efforts in the war. You can make peace with the Empire or launch several surprise attacks and take some of the Empire’s forces for yourself. You will focus mostly on macro level conflicts, and getting all the chess pieces in place for the final assault on Vitiate. You will have the option to destroy Korriban.

-The Bounty Hunter is the one who actually gets to kill Vitiate as he is in the middle of his Dark Side ritual. Building up to this point, you get to assassinate a HUGE amount of important characters in both the Empire and The Republic—anyone standing in the way of destroying Vitiate efficiently and effectively will be eliminated by you. The Voss will aid the BH in becoming resistant to force attacks prior to the showdown with the Emperor.

-The Sith Warrior gets the option to play in support of Vitiate, however, at the end of the story, he betrays and attempts to kill you, so you don’t actually get to help him fully destroy the Universe. There are some arguing internally for non-canon endings to allow some stuff like this. Basically, you will be wrapped up in the Emperor’s Orders and organization, and have the LS options to betray him as much as possible, at some cost to yourself, or the DS option to simply act as his hand. You will come under attack from MANY sides, including some aggressive attempts by the Sith Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter.

-The Smuggler will essentially serve as an evacuator, as many planets fall to Vitiate, you will extract essential personnel from both the Republic and the Empire—or just their information on how to defeat him. Helping a powerful light-side sith early on will get your ship the ability to ignore many of the force-barriers and powers Vitiate will use. You will get to save the lives of 2 of the other player characters at various points in the story and will get the option to have T7 join your crew. You will also seek out some of the parts and designs that allow the Arks that will resist Vitiate to be built, and be charged with some essential backups of information that will help rebuild the universe if all else fails.

-The Republic Trooper—this one is a bit confusing. The trooper is sent to help the Empire prepare for the attack, since the Republic learns of it first. The Sith Inquistor charges him with the defense of Korriban from one of Vitiate’s first attacks. The trooper gets multiple options to weaken the Empire, or keep their forces to help fight vitiate. Throughout the story, you basically earn the respect of Imperial Citizens, oppose and can even kill Sith Lords who seek personal power or craziness instead of fighting Vitiate, and you end up leading many combined forces of Imperial and Republic forces against Vitiate. Your character becomes the main reason the two sides can work together on the missions that are surprisingly successful against Vitiate, and which allow the other characters to conduct the business as they are. This character gets referenced in many of the planetary quests.

So, basically, the way the story ends is that Lord Vitiate is about 25% successful with his plans. Most planets near the core experience significant loss of life, except for the ones that had force artifacts shielding them via some of the story lines, the ones that had some sort of protection via deception (IA gets a planet to pretend to be allied with Vit to protect it). The arcs are successful depending on light-side/dark-side options.

Elder game content will involve rebuilding the galaxy, as the Republic and the Sith Empire have basically crumbled, and the galaxy will now be lawless.

The final patch of the game will involve Warlords rising to power. This will be to set up the next Star Wars MMO, which will take place about 100 years later, in a time period where the Republic and Sith Empire do not exist as they do now. Players will instead choose between multiple factions that have various relationships with each other. The Republic will be a monarchy that exists mostly only on Coroscant with influence on few other worlds, but will be able to be partially restored as the next game progresses. The Sith forces will be divided into multiple factions.

The coolest thing will be seeing YOUR character get imported into the next game. Some scenes will just be via recorded holos—such as the BH taking down Vitiate. But some of the characters will have a major role. The Sith Inquisitor character will remain alive and well due to absorbing Vitiate’s power, and will be a major player on at least one planet of the next MMO. The JK Force Ghost will be influential.

There's so much more, but I'm tired from all this typing. Enjoy!

Edited by Holocron

I could see how some of this could be incorporated into the new expansion. Though as this was 6-8 months ago I am sure the ideas have evolved and some may have even been cut completely (if it was ever true to begin with).

Thanks for posting as I never saw the original Reddit post, but have heard folks talk about it quite a bit.

I do have to admit that some parts match up now that I previously never thought would happen, like the overhaul of the class quests and the cross-faction stuff but some other things still seem far-fetched to me, like the game coming to consoles (highly unlikely, it would be easier to release a Mac client than a console version) and SWTOR 2 is completely made up IMO.

In any case, I don't see any point in acknowledging that post. Yes, some parts match up, be it coincidence or not, other parts could be made up or just have changed during SWTOR's development. Let's just focus on the official information and wait how the future turns out.

So much wrong, very little right. Why does this keep being brought up?

Creatively, a process is always evolving. But it isn't so little right. Some of the story may have changed, but there are shadows of things that were nailed, and other things that appear thus far to be dead on (like the companion stuff mentioned.

From a mechanics standpoint, thus far there is a lot right here.

And to be honest, when you and others are reacting like you do, it comes across less of you trying to make a point and prove how it was completely wrong (which you can't do either as some came to pass), and more of you're just tired of hearing about it and therefore will say anything just to get it to stop.

It was a snapshot in time, and for that time, it got a bit right, some story elements wrong, but overall, to me its completely believable that this person had an inside line at one point. Its just that since that point, plans changed creatively and were refined.

Hell, if that's too hard for you to swallow, just go back and look at all the treatments for the original movie this game is based on, and see how from the first draft to the last some things were wildly different (Han solo being a green alien, for instance).

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Not this **** again.

I know, especially considering this inside scoop was about SoR and was totally off on the Revan plotline. I mean really if he had an inside line, then he would have known that Vitiate didn't do a slurpee on Revan after the Foundry...

It was wrong back then, and it is still wrong today. This community is seriously delusional, and since you are quoting Reddit I am going to quote something as well from Reddit:

While whatever BW is going to present later could very much prove me wrong (and I certainly do hope that I will be). This tiny bit of leaked info has shown how delusional (I know it is harsh but I couldn't find a better word to say it) this community is, and by community I mean the subreddit and the official forums. Extremely silly conclusions and hypothesis were built on top of words that everyone probably know they are just hype/PR words by hinging on them and then think the impossible will happen (third faction, new classes, SWTOR 2, faction merge, new game ingame, etc etc).

I am not saying I am not excited for the reveal, but we have to be realistic. We keep building a nonexistent hype and expectations and get disappointed at BW for not fulfilling whatever they didn't promise (they should be criticized but that's not the point of this post).

And now I anxiously waiting for the trailer!

Edited by znihilist

Creatively, a process is always evolving. But it isn't so little right. Some of the story may have changed, but there are shadows of things that were nailed, and other things that appear thus far to be dead on (like the companion stuff mentioned.

From a mechanics standpoint, thus far there is a lot right here.

And to be honest, when you and others are reacting like you do, it comes across less of you trying to make a point and prove how it was completely wrong (which you can't do either as some came to pass), and more of you're just tired of hearing about it and therefore will say anything just to get it to stop.

It was a snapshot in time, and for that time, it got a bit right, some story elements wrong, but overall, to me its completely believable that this person had an inside line at one point. Its just that since that point, plans changed creatively and were refined.

Hell, if that's too hard for you to swallow, just go back and look at all the treatments for the original movie this game is based on, and see how from the first draft to the last some things were wildly different (Han solo being a green alien, for instance).

How do you think psychics make their money? They sprinkle enough obvious truth in with guesses and exploit the nature of people to look past where they were wrong and only concentrate on where they were right. Thus, even if they get most of their guesses wrong people still parade them as being psychic just because they happened to get one right.

The entire post is bullsh*t and it always has been. It's just been sprinkled with enough truth for you to look past the excrement.

How do you think psychics make their money? They sprinkle enough obvious truth in with guesses and exploit the nature of people to look past where they were wrong and only concentrate on where they were right. Thus, even if they get most of their guesses wrong people still parade them as being psychic just because they happened to get one right.

The entire post is bullsh*t and it always has been. It's just been sprinkled with enough truth for you to look past the excrement.

No. The problem here is that you say "sprinkle in some truth", but any of us, including someone who was making the whole thing up, would have no access to any truth whatsoever.

That alone makes the whole post NOT BS. The problem here is you are cherry-picking what's wrong, and dismissing what's right.

Again, the simplest conclusion is that this person either knew a guy on the inside or was a guy on the way out, and the plans evolved and changed from that point. There's enough right or near-right to realistically believe that this wasn't a post made of whole cloth, but rather was a snapshot in time.

By the way, the date Holocron gave I believe was wrong - that was a repost. The original post came out either right before or right after the first Forged Alliances was released.

The hostility towards this post betrays a bias against the simplest answer to this post - which is what I said it likely was here.

Out of this information, there is VERY VERY little that was right about that rumor.

Can we just stop spreading that already?

The stuff that still catches my eye is this:

The personal stories of SWTOR will continue in the next major Xpac, and they will each have an “ending”. YOUR character from SWTOR will appear in the as-yet-unnamed SWTOR 2 in various forms. Force Ghosts, holocrons, etc. As of right now, only one class appears to be able to survive until SWTOR 2 (Sith Inquisitor), but that might change. These will use your appearance settings and dialogue based on the actions you chose in the game. I will detail what I could gather about the plot later on in this post.

There will be a newgame+ option added to SWTOR, some big bonuses for players who use it, and some major tweaks to the leveling experience and early planets. For example, coroscant lets you turn in most quests via holocalls rather than walking back. Newgame+ will be important as some characters that were not previously able to will become companions if certain story options are taken, and same gender romance will be added. It appears LucasArts was the one behind not allowing them in the first place.

Now, maybe he thought they were talking about SOR, but a lot of this fits with KotFE. We've heard from the devs we will be able to interact with version of other classes in our own stories, and the companion and changes to the way we level seem to be dead on. Remove the story from this and look at the mechanics described, and there is a LOT there that is really close if not on the nose. Just sayin.

No. The problem here is that you say "sprinkle in some truth", but any of us, including someone who was making the whole thing up, would have no access to any truth whatsoever.

That alone makes the whole post NOT BS. The problem here is you are cherry-picking what's wrong, and dismissing what's right.

Again, the simplest conclusion is that this person either knew a guy on the inside or was a guy on the way out, and the plans evolved and changed from that point. There's enough right or near-right to realistically believe that this wasn't a post made of whole cloth, but rather was a snapshot in time.

By the way, the date Holocron gave I believe was wrong - that was a repost. The original post came out either right before or right after the first Forged Alliances was released.

The hostility towards this post betrays a bias against the simplest answer to this post - which is what I said it likely was here.

• Togruta was truth, but that's easily assumed since it was the highest requested since launch.
  • Vitiate was an easy guess since we know that he's still alive from the Warrior storyline. Therefore Revan is an easy guess too since you never see his body, and story wise they are tied very close. But they got it way wrong on the important details. Revan and Vitiate never combined, he didn't absorb the powerful Sith like Baras, and he doesn't have a host of previous enemies like Directive 7. So again, very little right but so much wrong.
  • They are revamping the early stuff, but that's not a new thing for a game that's been out for a while. However they never said anything about a newgame+ version. And the devs have repeatedly said they won't revisit the original companions for same gender romance.

A little bit of obvious truth filled with a lot of bad guesses. It's the shotgun philosophy to rumor mongering. If you throw enough guesses at the wall eventually some of them will stick. But there is just so much wrong with that, if he actually was involved with any of the talks then maybe he should have been paying attention instead of playing candy crush. Maybe he would have actually gotten more of it right.

The stuff that still catches my eye is this:

Now, maybe he thought they were talking about SOR, but a lot of this fits with KotFE. We've heard from the devs we will be able to interact with version of other classes in our own stories, and the companion and changes to the way we level seem to be dead on. Remove the story from this and look at the mechanics described, and there is a LOT there that is really close if not on the nose. Just sayin.

But it doesn't fit. You're trying to twist it to fit. Like people who see psychics and people who believe Nostradamus. It says there that our stories end and we come back as force ghosts. But it didn't end, and we're still alive. We're still playing our characters so it didn't end. Nor is there a SWTOR 2 that we're talking to our previous selves either. From every indication our characters will be going for some time. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what the "rumor" suggests.

Edited by MillionsKNives

• Togruta was truth, but that's easily assumed since it was the highest requested since launch.
  • Vitiate was an easy guess since we know that he's still alive from the Warrior storyline. Therefore Revan is an easy guess too since you never see his body, and story wise they are tied very close. But they got it way wrong on the important details. Revan and Vitiate never combined, he didn't absorb the powerful Sith like Baras, and he doesn't have a host of previous enemies like Directive 7. So again, very little right but so much wrong.
  • They are revamping the early stuff, but that's not a new thing for a game that's been out for a while. However they never said anything about a newgame+ version. And the devs have repeatedly said they won't revisit the original companions for same gender romance.

A little bit of obvious truth filled with a lot of bad guesses. It's the shotgun philosophy to rumor mongering. If you throw enough guesses at the wall eventually some of them will stick. But there is just so much wrong with that, if he actually was involved with any of the talks then maybe he should have been paying attention instead of playing candy crush. Maybe he would have actually gotten more of it right.

But it doesn't fit. You're trying to twist it to fit. Like people who see psychics and people who believe Nostradamus. It says there that our stories end and we come back as force ghosts. But it didn't end, and we're still alive. We're still playing our characters so it didn't end. Nor is there a SWTOR 2 that we're talking to our previous selves either. From every indication our characters will be going for some time. That's pretty much the exact opposite of what the "rumor" suggests.

You have a very Myopic view of twisting.

That would be like you reading the original draft of "The Star Wars" and telling me that I am really trying to twist things when I suggest that Annikin Starkiller would eventually become Luke Skywalker.

You clearly have no idea how the creative process works. :rak_03:

You have a very Myopic view of twisting.

That would be like you reading the original draft of "The Star Wars" and telling me that I am really trying to twist things when I suggest that Annikin Starkiller would eventually become Luke Skywalker.

You clearly have no idea how the creative process works. :rak_03:

Sure buddy, you keep telling yourself that it's all inside information despite the majority of it being dead wrong. I'm sure they were so close to getting that console port ready before it got ditched.

You are correct. It did release before Forged Alliances, and that was in fact the repost date that I stated. I've now edited the OP to reflect the correct info.

Edited by Holocron

This seems closer to guessing a few elements of SoR(which were already heavily foreshadowed) than anything relating to KoFE, like the level cap at 60. A few blind stabs at plausible things, like cross-faction queues but nothing remotely like a leak. When stuff gets actually leaked about Bioware games, anything that makes it into the game is dead-on, see achievements for DA:I and DA2 which had story spoilers, or any of the leaks for SWTOR, such as player housing, Treek, Makeb, Ziost, etc.

Thanks for posting this. I tried to find it last night after I was both, excited and worried about the new Swtor II, I mean, expansion. But I was also very tired and failed in finding it. Now I could read through it again and am glad it has much less truth in it than I feared. ;) Still love the proposed story for the trooper though. That would have been awesome.

I think a lot of this is still speculative until the expansion comes out, but I don't see anything in here that is blatantly wrong. Of the parts we have seen come around, some of them seem slightly modified, but I'm sure the concepts evolved as they were worked on.

Quotes that are in game or confirmed from E3:

These next 3 years are going to see an increase in funding as the game is brought back in line with initial expectations.

Can already see that there is a massive influx of funding for the game to create this expansion

The personal stories of SWTOR will continue in the next major Xpac

New class stories are confirmed in expansion

There will be a newgame+ option added to SWTOR, some big bonuses for players who use it, and some major tweaks to the leveling experience and early planets. For example, coroscant lets you turn in most quests via holocalls rather than walking back.

This is one thing that evolved I think. Newgame+ will be the auto level 60 option compared to actually leveling your own character 1-60. It's likely there will be benefits to doing it naturally. Major tweaks to the leveling system include 12x XP that we are seeing now, taxis unlocking automatically and quick travel time reductions.

New species—Torgruta, some other ugly thing

Confirmed for 3.3 as long as the system doesn't explode during testing.

Korriban and Tython are important because Vitiate gets some powers from these planets, and some ancient droids/force-weapons.

Korriban and Tython both received FPs created as the intro to SoR.

Elder game content will involve rebuilding the galaxy, as the Republic and the Sith Empire have basically crumbled, and the galaxy will now be lawless.

Basic premise of the expansion.

Pieces that are alluded to in various places, or seem likely based on the direction of the game:

EA and Disney have a brilliant plan for SWTOR. It will be upgraded to canon in the next expansion and will have some subtle tie-ins with Star Wars 7.

In the interview with Bruce, they talk about the launch timing being around the movie release. Linking the expansion with the movie benefits both and bringing the game into canon at that point would make sense as well as attempting to introduce a new planet.

Newgame+ will be important as some characters that were not previously able to will become companions if certain story options are taken, and same gender romance will be added. It appears LucasArts was the one behind not allowing them in the first place.

We obviously know old and new companions are in the expansion, it would make sense with the changes from RotHC that same gender romance would exist, but this is obviously not confirmed.

Most level 60 content will involve cross-faction queues, when story appropriate.

With the Republic and Empire seeming to disappear with the expansion, it makes way for cross faction to become likely as there is no faction.

There will be some cross-faction planets where you can work cooperatively with the other faction. On PVP servers, you can flag yourselves PvP on these planets anyway.

Yavin and Rishi are already similar to this with everyone questing together rather than by faction. It would make sense to fully link them so you can group cross faction to complete a mission or heroic.

So, basically, the way the story ends is that Lord Vitiate is about 25% successful with his plans. Most planets near the core experience significant loss of life

Obviously we'll have to see what is released in the coming months leading to the expansion. I assume Vitiate's story will have to be closed out and he already destroyed 1 planet. I could see it leading to more falling the same way.

Everything else in the article is still possible, this is just what I took out of it that seemed to have already happened or seems likely based on what we know now.

I think a lot of this is still speculative until the expansion comes out, but I don't see anything in here that is blatantly wrong. Of the parts we have seen come around, some of them seem slightly modified, but I'm sure the concepts evolved as they were worked on.

Quotes that are in game or confirmed from E3:

Can already see that there is a massive influx of funding for the game to create this expansion

New class stories are confirmed in expansion

This is one thing that evolved I think. Newgame+ will be the auto level 60 option compared to actually leveling your own character 1-60. It's likely there will be benefits to doing it naturally. Major tweaks to the leveling system include 12x XP that we are seeing now, taxis unlocking automatically and quick travel time reductions.

Confirmed for 3.3 as long as the system doesn't explode during testing.

Korriban and Tython both received FPs created as the intro to SoR.

Basic premise of the expansion.

Pieces that are alluded to in various places, or seem likely based on the direction of the game:

In the interview with Bruce, they talk about the launch timing being around the movie release. Linking the expansion with the movie benefits both and bringing the game into canon at that point would make sense as well as attempting to introduce a new planet.

We obviously know old and new companions are in the expansion, it would make sense with the changes from RotHC that same gender romance would exist, but this is obviously not confirmed.

With the Republic and Empire seeming to disappear with the expansion, it makes way for cross faction to become likely as there is no faction.

Yavin and Rishi are already similar to this with everyone questing together rather than by faction. It would make sense to fully link them so you can group cross faction to complete a mission or heroic.

Obviously we'll have to see what is released in the coming months leading to the expansion. I assume Vitiate's story will have to be closed out and he already destroyed 1 planet. I could see it leading to more falling the same way.

Everything else in the article is still possible, this is just what I took out of it that seemed to have already happened or seems likely based on what we know now.

All good points!

I agree with the two posters above me. Nothing blatantly wrong about that excerpt taken a year or so ago. Things likely changed between then and now.

Now I'm not saying this wasn't just made up. However if it was, I'm actually impressed at how much he got close right. At them time I don't think anyone knew anything about the emperor coming back to the game.