Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party Hard Mode overtuned.

acerbot
01.06.2012 , 12:47 PM | #21
I had a group last night, that was not under geared and was not able to do this last boss. I was healing and have over 12K HP. For some reason the all 3 guys for this fight have 2 buffs on them, in the videos I see the bosses only have one buff on them. Our issues was, the bosses where not focused on the tank. Every time I tossed the tank a heal, I would instantly grab agro, and would be 2 shot. The healer was using his grenade launcher, and wrecking me. We tried many times, and each time I would grab threat from one heal, which ending up killing me. Please let me know if this last boss is bugged, or stuck on nightmare mode?

Is there a more recent video of this being done?

Wynja
01.15.2012 , 09:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaetun View Post
Have MT position Commander so that healer and rest of party are >31 m away from him. Then all grenades go on MT and he tanks Commander/Medic. Burn down Security chief (~600 dmg/hit, easily tankable by anyone) after pulling him away from Commander/Medic, then move onto the commander.

Damage becomes much more manageable. I agree it is fairly difficult without that strat.
This is ridiculous. The only strat I'm seeing that works is to have all your DPS > 31m from the boss........... That is impossible with a melee DPS. In fact, I ran a group of geared competent individuals last night that had never done HM BP. We one shotted every other boss. 1 melee DPS, 1 range, Operative healer, Assasin tank. I could not keep up the melee DPS. Battle rez him and he dies a second time.

I'm getting sick of reading about boss fights and how badly screwed melee DPS is.

Jenrais
01.15.2012 , 09:15 AM | #23
Our group is the hard mode hardcore group of our guild and we've one shot the last boss these past two days..

Massey-jorland-Medic

Have tank tank em all where they are and interrupt medics healing spells

Healer and two dps(hopefully ranged) stay near stairs and dps massey when he comes to them and go out to dps him when he runs back to tank..run back to stairs if health is low..

when Massey dies..Pop all cooldowns and pewpew Jorland.healer needs to heal hard because they won't be moving back.Than once hes dead its tank and spank.if medic berserks have tank pop cds or he will die.
"Some people think Im crazy for preordering CE VIP Edition." I tell them, "What else is new?"

Jonneh
01.15.2012 , 12:35 PM | #24
This is too hard when you have 2 melee DPS. Even in really strong gear our healer could not keep them up should the grenade spam target them. Compared to one melee and one ranged DPS, the difficulty difference is kinda huge.

I suppose the melee could run out when targeted by this, but even so.. it seems kinda stupid. Punishing one kind of setup more than another, especially when its melee vs ranged, is detrimental to the game.
(█████████████████████Ξ█{][][][]{θ}█Ξ█████████████████████)

Salmissra
01.15.2012 , 02:09 PM | #25
The fight is fine. Never died to it or lost the fight.

Soluss
01.15.2012 , 10:53 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Salmissra View Post
The fight is fine. Never died to it or lost the fight.
I call BS on that one.

Salmissra
01.15.2012 , 11:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
I call BS on that one.
You can call whatever you want on it. I am the tank; I have never died to this fight; we have lost one dps once (enraged grenade); we have never wiped to it and hence, have never had bugged loot; we have never pulled any lame tricks like kiting, and one of our dps'ers is always a marauder.

We kill the medic, kill the shielder, then kill the boss. Have been enraged on but had plenty of cooldowns up to survive it.

It's not overtuned, you probably just have bad dps'ers/healer. Or maybe your tank doesn't put out enough damage, too.

Never had trouble with it. In fact, the first time we went there, our 4th member (a pug dps) was all panicky about it and I'm basically like "chill, I doubt it's even tough" and it certainly isn't. It's absolutely straightforward and just a gear check. It doesn't have any complexity on the level as, say, Mentor in D7.

Konraxhatred
01.16.2012 , 12:25 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Salmissra View Post
You can call whatever you want on it. I am the tank; I have never died to this fight; we have lost one dps once (enraged grenade); we have never wiped to it and hence, have never had bugged loot; we have never pulled any lame tricks like kiting, and one of our dps'ers is always a marauder.

We kill the medic, kill the shielder, then kill the boss. Have been enraged on but had plenty of cooldowns up to survive it.

It's not overtuned, you probably just have bad dps'ers/healer. Or maybe your tank doesn't put out enough damage, too.

Never had trouble with it. In fact, the first time we went there, our 4th member (a pug dps) was all panicky about it and I'm basically like "chill, I doubt it's even tough" and it certainly isn't. It's absolutely straightforward and just a gear check. It doesn't have any complexity on the level as, say, Mentor in D7.
In short

"I PRO, U NOOB, L2P" pretty much
<The Valkyrie Knights>
We Knights don't just fight for peace, we fight for Honor and Glory among all.
Strength, Honor, VICTORY my sisters!

Leadros
01.16.2012 , 12:56 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Konraxhatred View Post
In short

well? what else is there to say?
if you do the tactic for the boss right, the only weak point can be in the group itself.

i myself wiped maybe the first 2 times until we got it right and since then its an easy one-shot boss.

instead of whining at "overtuned" heroics, use your brain from time to time and learn from your mistakes and try better, then there might be a lot less overtuned content.
Lord Leadros <Faule Studis>
Sith-Juggernaut Server: Darth Traya

Salmissra
01.16.2012 , 01:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Konraxhatred View Post
In short

And similarly, you can read whatever elitism you want out of that, I don't care. I'm just stating the facts.

I have seen *one* legitimately bugged boss (Foundry) and I have seen *one* boss which I believe is actually overtuned (Bulwark - enrage is extremely short)

I started hardmodes the day I dinged 50, tanking them in leveling blues and greens. Yea, the first times were painful - pig dude with adds in Ilum took us 5-6 tries. We stuck with it, worked our AE rotations, and continued on. Between hardmodes and pvp, gearing up has not been difficult at all - and now we one-shot everything.

Like Leadros just mentioned, there are only a few explanations for why you'd fail. Nobody is claiming this boss is bugged. You are blaming it on it being overtuned. We are saying it is either the skill of your players or the gear you have. I have done it with lackluster gear. What does that leave? You can get mad about it, or you can get better, but you're not going to convince people who have already done it without any hitches that it's somehow broke.

If you are hitting enrage timers constantly, there are 3 people responsible for it. In fact, I'd say 4, since if you really need to push, having the tank use cooldowns/self-heals lets the healer throw out some nukes as well.

It's your responsibility to do whatever you can to improve. Not request nerfing of content that people beat regularly.