Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party Hard Mode overtuned.

OdorDestroyers
01.01.2012 , 09:54 PM | #11
Is anyone else having the problem where you kill mass and the commanders shield doesn't go away

Gamatic
01.01.2012 , 11:11 PM | #12
Zerged commander through shield. Works just fine. (and im awesome healer :P)

phlowbies
01.01.2012 , 11:23 PM | #13

Cubert
01.02.2012 , 02:17 AM | #14
It's not fine. Your video is with three ranged. In another post you claim to have killed him with three melee and that you would post the video. I'd love to see that one. I've finished the encounter only to have the chest bugged. But yes, the encounter is very melee unfriendly.

Auilt
01.02.2012 , 03:20 AM | #15
Based on that video, the fight is a gear check that people just aren't ready for. I guess I'll try again another time.

Juntaro
01.02.2012 , 06:46 AM | #16
What we do to kill him in 1 try even with under geared dps.

Tank kites the Boss and the Shield generated mob out of the room and around that big room.

DPS and Healer burn down the Medic.

After medic is dead dps and healer go grab the shield mob and burn him down.

After he's dead the boss will probably enrage.

The tank needs to kite him around one of the big pillars in that room before the boss fight room. "Practice after the dps pulls the shield mob before he enrages"

You can easily kite him and kill him in 1 try.

If dps or healers get 1 shot just zone back in, he dies pretty quick.

Hope this helps!!!
-Juntaro
-Server Veela "PVP US-EAST"
"Imperial Agent Operative (Heals) since 1986"

darkonnis
01.02.2012 , 07:07 AM | #17
How we did it and our DPS was severely severely lacking was:
Tank aggros all, then stands at the base ofhte stairs in the room keeping the boss where he is, along with the medic. the melee charges to where the rest of the group is stood, at the top of the stairs, at the entrance to the room, tank taunts melee more or less because the tank has nothing else to be doing outside of dropping the odd shock on the boss and medic.
Melee dies
The group, now move into range of the boss, and burst him down. with the exception of the healer who stays 32m away, just in range of the tank. we had a sniper who could sit on the edge and pop shot the boss too which was good.
Tank and other DPS interrupt the medic.
We killed the boss and failed to the medic as the DPS just wasn't up to it. No problem now that we know this.
As soon as enrage pops, tank rushes up the stairs and out of the room. By the entrance archway, there are 2 ramps allowing you to run and hug each side of the wall, just run back and forth, LOS kiting constantly using instant damage to keep aggro and taunt while dps burn him down.

This boss becomes trouble when you have 3 melee.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Mythicrose
01.02.2012 , 08:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Juntaro View Post
What we do to kill him in 1 try even with under geared dps.

Tank kites the Boss and the Shield generated mob out of the room and around that big room.

DPS and Healer burn down the Medic.

After medic is dead dps and healer go grab the shield mob and burn him down.

After he's dead the boss will probably enrage.

The tank needs to kite him around one of the big pillars in that room before the boss fight room. "Practice after the dps pulls the shield mob before he enrages"

You can easily kite him and kill him in 1 try.

If dps or healers get 1 shot just zone back in, he dies pretty quick.

Hope this helps!!!

My guild does something similar when we run this flashpoint on hard. We kill the healer first, then the shield guy, then the commander. If th ecommander enrages, we actually kite him back to the previous room (Los and light dps at that point) to where our Imperial reinforcements are.

The commander will generally kill the Imperial NPCs, but we then burn him down. If someone does by chance die, they zone right in and the commander is within a few seconds walk to reaquire and kite again (if necessary).

Nahaj
01.02.2012 , 09:42 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by phlowbies View Post
Except that Jorland's reflective shield doesnt drop when you kill Massey. If you have good DPS (which you didnt really in that video) they suicide on the shield. I setup my burst and as soon as I popped all of it I was dead because of that stupid shield.
Rhaive
Proxy Jawas, Belgoth's Beacon
Guild Mathemagician

phlowbies
01.02.2012 , 09:49 AM | #20
You're cute.