Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boarding Party Hard Mode overtuned.

Khayleth
12.25.2011 , 12:44 AM | #1
Not the overall flashpoint itself, rather the last boss specifically. The incoming damage is far too much as is, the splash damage from the grenades followed by a melee swing from the melee add is an insta-gib no recourse. In addition, because the melee add has no threat table it makes controlling him impossible as taunt has a long cd and said boss can only be anchored for so long.

After several attempts using different strats I suggest the following adjustments be made to it:

Melee add needs his running speed significantly slowed and the removal of charge so that he can be kited by a competent player, conversely give him a normal aggro table.

Main boss add needs his grenade spam toned down significantly or removed entirely, either change is acceptable.

Healer add needs his throughput and damage toned down by at least 20-25%, as is the rest of the flashpoint is fine, this single fight however is the outlier and should be adjusted accordingly.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Shaetun
12.25.2011 , 01:51 AM | #2
Have MT position Commander so that healer and rest of party are >31 m away from him. Then all grenades go on MT and he tanks Commander/Medic. Burn down Security chief (~600 dmg/hit, easily tankable by anyone) after pulling him away from Commander/Medic, then move onto the commander.

Damage becomes much more manageable. I agree it is fairly difficult without that strat.

Sanctuss
12.25.2011 , 03:18 AM | #3
I just finished healing the last boss as a bounty hunter.

It was HARD as a BH. However, this fight is definitely doable. It's just an extreme version of a healer check, especially for a BH because of the lack of AoE healing abilities.

If your group is spread out enough to keep from taking splash damage from the grenades, you have the greatest chance of success.

Chief > Commander > Medic

Oh yeah, loot chest is bugged and doesn't open. GG.
Vanguard of the Republic

Toegrinder
12.25.2011 , 04:24 AM | #4
Have you even got decent gear yet?
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieMeerkat View Post
It does work. But you can't see past the QQ goggles.

Khayleth
12.25.2011 , 11:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Toegrinder View Post
Have you even got decent gear yet?
My gear is certainly good enough for hard modes, it's mostly 48-50 oranges and blues. I managed just fine in the black talon hard mode. The problem I had was not my survivability at all, I feel that the group aoe is just far too extreme for your average group.
Quote:
If your group is spread out enough to keep from taking splash damage from the grenades, you have the greatest chance of success.

Chief > Commander > Medic

We did spread out but he still lobbed grenades at people, I will certainly make sure to tell the ranged/healer to stand further away, but once he started firing grenades at the melee while the swordsman ran around smacking people our healer ran out of resources and one by one the dps went down.

We eventually gave up, but knowing the loot chest is bugged makes me feel slightly better since I wouldn't have gotten anything for my trouble anyway.

Edit: I was tanking him, I was not healing, these are my observations from watching the fight while I tank. I have very good awareness in encounters and I saw the above take out our group each time.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

aquaka
12.26.2011 , 02:51 PM | #6
You say the AoE dmg is too much to handle for the AVERAGE group, but Hard modes are not for the average group.

You actually need well geared competent players, and that is what is intended. I am actually glad how BW has made fights that require skill instead of the usual DPS fest that comes from other MMOs.

Amonephis
12.26.2011 , 02:56 PM | #7
isnt that fight buged though ? i heard that joran is not supposed to do that much damage as long as the chief is alive and puts that shield up.

Necronym
12.26.2011 , 11:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by aquaka View Post
You say the AoE dmg is too much to handle for the AVERAGE group, but Hard modes are not for the average group.

You actually need well geared competent players, and that is what is intended. I am actually glad how BW has made fights that require skill instead of the usual DPS fest that comes from other MMOs.
Actually it's a four man which means the average group should have a challenge, not a repair factory.
Reign
A mature PvP and PvE focused Empire guild on Tarentatek - PvP US East.

Fentanyl
12.27.2011 , 12:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctuss View Post
Loot chest only bugs if you wipe once before killing him. I'll let you figure out how I got loot.
< Anesthesia >
[No amount of security- ] S N I P E R [ -can prevent infiltration.]

tfganhao
12.27.2011 , 09:15 AM | #10
as others said, tank goes in aggro's all 3, then stays midway between commander/healer and rest of group (so that the grenade from commander doesnt reach group, only tank).

Nuke Massey (the idiot that runs around), he doesnt do that much dmg, any melee should be able to "tank" him while he gets killed. Then kill the commander cause his shield is down and he's the main source of dmg. then healer last. If your tank is competent he can interrupt some heals when you're killing the commander. Aggro isnt a issue since he has 1 mob advantage to gain aggro on them.

And chest's bugged (might be cause we wiped but still.....)