Curious what people want from a new playable species after Torgruta?

ZionHalcyon

Just wanted to take an unoffical poll of sorts to see what people might want in an upcoming species.

For my criteria, I used the following:

1) All species are humanoid, and wouldn't look weird with current in-game armor, minus what they already do for Twi-lek and Torgruta for clipping issues with helmets.

2) Species have to be relatively well known on sight or a part of the movies, else be a major part of Star Wars media.

3) They have to be interesting in terms of potential appearance customization options.

Based on these criteria, I have come up with the following list (click each for a picture of what it is):

Sullustian

Falleen

Zeltronian

Rodian

Mon Calamari

Quarren

Dressellian

Bothan

Aqualish

Kel Dor

Nautolan

Arcona

Rather than have people say "I want this one!" or "I don't want that one!", I have a better idea.

Let's say these are the pool we get to choose from for species.

Rate these in order of most want to least want, 1 being you want the most, and 12 the least.

I will tally these on Friday at 3:30pm CST and will have results shortly thereafter.

Just curious what the general consensus on the forums is.

:)

Edited by ZionHalcyon

Think it's been discussed pretty extensively here, but I'm game for seeing what this ranking approach brings:

01 - Nautolan

02 - Zeltron IF it is in the context of a 'near human' race that includes a large range of skin colors that could also be used to make Nagai, Pantorans, etc.

03 - Falleen

04 - Bothan

05 - Kel Dor

06 - Mon Cal

07 - Quarren

Those are the only ones from the list that I'm even remotely interested in (and Mon Cal & Quarren are pretty iffy at that), the rest below are in order relative to each other, but it would be more accurate to say they're around my 38-42nd choice rather than my 8-12th.

08 - Sullustian

09 - Rodian

10 - Aqualish

11 - Arcona

12 - Dressellian (what put these guys on your radar? Of all the Star Wars races I don't think these guys would ever have occurred to me. :p)

Just wanted to take an unoffical poll of sorts to see what people might want in an upcoming species.

1) All species are humanoid, and wouldn't look weird with current in-game armor, minus what they already do for Twi-lek and Torgruta for clipping issues with helmets.

2) Species have to be relatively well known on sight or a part of the movies, else be a major part of Star Wars media.

3) They have to be interesting in terms of potential appearance customization options.

Based on these criteria, I have come up with the following list (click each for a picture of what it is):

Sullustian

Falleen

Zeltronian

Rodian

Mon Calamari

Quarren

Dressellian

Bothan

Aqualish

Kel Dor

Nautolan

Arcona

Rather than have people say "I want this one!" or "I don't want that one!", I have a better idea.

Let's say these are the pool we get to choose from for species.

Rate these in order of most want to least want, 1 being you want the most, and 12 the least.

I will tally these on Friday at 3:30pm CST and will have results shortly thereafter.

Just curious what the general consensus on the forums is.

first off, it's togruta, not toRgruta.

Second, the zeltron, nautolan and kel dor are the only ones in that list that even have a vague chance of being implemented, with kel dor being very iffy thanks to the mask.

first off, it's togruta, not toRgruta.

Second, the zeltron, nautolan and kel dor are the only ones in that list that even have a vague chance of being implemented, with kel dor being very iffy thanks to the mask.

The moment I saw this thread's title I was reminded of Bioware's "Togruta are the most misspelled species!" - they certainly weren't kidding there. :D

will never happen

honestly togruta and nautolan is as exotic as we're going to get, and that just because they are so popular.

Yup, everything had to be humanoid.

If nothing else, some of the more exotic species of humanoid will get the Skadge treatment and the head and hands (and maybe the feet) slots will always be hidden with armor.

First off you missed the important criteria of "Species must speak basic."

Also the next new species will probably be Bothan if anything, if you pay attention Bothans have been cropping up in various places ever since KDY launched.

1. Zeltronian, provided they're able to use most of the hairs humans can. The similarity to humans is an understandable negative for this one but personally the skin color and hair color differences would be enough to make the species interesting to me. Since this is a purely cosmetic kind of addition I think that's fair.

2. Nautolan. I almost made this a tie for first but Zeltronian just eeked it for me. Nautolans are cool though, they look different from humans but in a way that still keeps them looking appealing so they're the next best in my book.

Outside of the top two this list won't be too specific on reasoning, but these three races are fairly common races in my opinion and look appealing to me so having them as playable species would be cool. Ranked them on which I'd be more likely to use.

3. Rodian

4. Mon Calamari

5. Kel Dor

And finally the rest are merely ranked on my likeliness to use them as I'm not particularly fond of any of them.

6. Bothan

7. Quarren

8. Falleen

9. Arcona

10. Sullistan

11. Aqualish

12. Dressellian

Nautolan is still my top choice for the next playable species and seems to have a good following since the games launch lets hope BW add it one day.

My other choice(s) for playable species would be Nikto or Voss (the lore issue is debatable with this one though) .

Edited by Aussie

Yup, everything had to be humanoid.

If nothing else, some of the more exotic species of humanoid will get the Skadge treatment and the head and hands (and maybe the feet) slots will always be hidden with armor.

well we could manage with that in galaxies, those trandoshians had that issue too. i dont care really. we need more alien species, odd and strange ones.

1. Nautolan

2. Rodian

3. Mon calamari

4. Sullustian

5. Bothan

6. Kel Dor

7. Aqualish

8 Quarren

9. Dressellian since apparently they exist

Here's the break where these species don't exist anymore. Some were cool, but they aren't cannon anymore

10. Zeltron

11. Arcona

12. Falleen

Here's the break where these species don't exist anymore. Some were cool, but they aren't cannon anymore

10. Zeltron

11. Arcona

12. Falleen

SWTOR isn't canon either, though.

SWTOR, like these three races, is pretty well established in the Legends continuity - it's the same as the situation with the Chiss and the Sith Purebloods, which are both races (and their cultures) that come directly from Legends sources (Hand of Thrawn novels and Tales of the Jedi comics respectively).

While I'm not 100% sure, I think Zeltrons and Falleen (or at least their homeworlds) are referenced either off-hand in some SWTOR dialogue or come up in the game's supplemental material.