Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lvl 50's in PvP


Inraika's Avatar


Inraika
12.25.2011 , 12:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by lordpharaohz View Post
Oh my, I didn't think of the injury of real life while attempting to hit 50. It would seem as though the game rewards those who have put more time and effort into it. I imagine being active in the "real life" world would prepare you for this, as many things (school, work, hobbies) are the same way.

Its called poor planning on the dev's part, they made a great game but its not just me who has to deal with the lvl 50's its the whole server.

So yes it may reward those you put more hours into it, but its hurting more people then its rewarding. Thats called a bad system of planning.

While real life things are the same way, when I help myself in a personal fashion it in no way hurts 95% of the population.

The things do not relate.

Edit:

You can't compare the systems of PvP in this to real life reward and merit, its a game. People who cannot be as active shouldnt be almost completely ripped off.

It makes PvP on my server near unplayable, they might aswell just limit PvP to 50s only.

lordpharaohz's Avatar


lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Truth. I'll keep working at my IRL achievements. They tend to get me that one other thing I love.
Then you're wasting valuable time on the forums of a star wars website attempting to boost an image that nobody can see O_o

lordpharaohz's Avatar


lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:30 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Inraika View Post
Its called poor planning on the dev's part, they made a great game but its not just me who has to deal with the lvl 50's its the whole server.

So yes it may reward those you put more hours into it, but its hurting more people then its rewarding. Thats called a bad system of planning.

While real life things are the same way, when I help myself in a personal fashion it in no way hurts 95% of the population.

The things do not relate.
On the contrary. Those who spend more time are handicapped in pvp via the bolster system.

I see you are having difficulty understanding the idea of more time and effort relating to more success and prosperity. If there is a local Occupy Movement nearby, I suggest avoiding it at all costs, as you may be lured in by the same mindset.

Inraika's Avatar


Inraika
12.25.2011 , 12:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lordpharaohz View Post
On the contrary. Those who spend more time are handicapped in pvp via the bolster system.

I see you are having difficulty understanding the idea of more time and effort relating to more success and prosperity. If there is a local Occupy Movement nearby, I suggest avoiding it at all costs, as you may be lured in by the same mindset.

Expertise and more skills seem hardly a handicap.

I'm saying that this is a problem seeing as how, yes, the bolster system evens it out, but only too a point. The issue isn't the fact that these people have more time too play then most of the population, its the fact that there is an issue in which it seems like PvP on my server is largely unbalanced as I have played my last 7 games against level 50 players who have special bonus's... makes PvP unfair and unplayable.

lordpharaohz's Avatar


lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Inraika View Post
You can't compare the systems of PvP in this to real life reward and merit, its a game. People who cannot be as active shouldnt be almost completely ripped off
I absolutely can compare them. For example, if you work full time, and sign up for too many classes, your grades will suffer as you don't have adequate time to devote to them.

If you have a family, and have to work less or have less time to devote to work, your employment will suffer and you will miss opportunities to move up the ladder.

Time investment, effort, and reward are closely related in all aspects of life. Multiplayer games with competeition are no exception.

Candy's Avatar


Candy
12.25.2011 , 12:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by lordpharaohz View Post
Then you're wasting valuable time on the forums of a star wars website attempting to boost an image that nobody can see O_o
I'm currently stuck in my office covering a shift for one of my employees because he was in a car accident. The last thing I'd want to do is be so bored at work that I'm having to browse PvP Troll Forums. But that's what it's come down to :P
__________________________________________________

Jedi Shadow | Elynole | The Fatman[US] | Chocolate

dingoperson's Avatar


dingoperson
12.25.2011 , 12:38 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Candy View Post
having to browse PvP Troll Forums
Is there any other kind?

Candy's Avatar


Candy
12.25.2011 , 12:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by dingoperson View Post
Is there any other kind?
touche
__________________________________________________

Jedi Shadow | Elynole | The Fatman[US] | Chocolate

lordpharaohz's Avatar


lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Candy View Post
I'm currently stuck in my office covering a shift for one of my employees because he was in a car accident. The last thing I'd want to do is be so bored at work that I'm having to browse PvP Troll Forums. But that's what it's come down to :P
Very sad to hear, hope it wasnt a result of someone drunk driving this time of year. My point was that you seem to be mismanaging your time on this forum when you could be on facebook or eharmony trolling for that other thing in life you love ; )

Candy's Avatar


Candy
12.25.2011 , 12:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lordpharaohz View Post
Very sad to hear, hope it wasnt a result of someone drunk driving this time of year. My point was that you seem to be mismanaging your time on this forum when you could be on facebook or eharmony trolling for that other thing in life you love ; )
Haha. Actually, I've been with the same girl for a little over 5 years now. It just takes a good bit of IRL achievements to keep her Which I don't necessarily mind.

For the original conversation, I'm a level 19 shadow...I've leveled 19 levels in 5 days...slow as F compared to how I used to play MMO's. That being said, I enjoy PvP immensely in this game, and often find myself fighting level 50's.

However, I PvP with a group from my guild, and have found that:

Teamwork > Level when it comes to winning Warzones.
__________________________________________________

Jedi Shadow | Elynole | The Fatman[US] | Chocolate