Lvl 50's in PvP

Inraika

So far in the past 3 days I've PvP'd 5-6 times, each time I've played against half a team of Lvl 50's who completely dominated my team. It makes PvP almost unplayable.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, it is currently plaguing my server and is making things very difficult.

Playing republic right? ;)

A) Yes it sucks

B) But plenty of people will tell you that "L2P" or "the common factor in all your losses is you" and "a good lv10 player with 11000 health can easily roll a bad player with a lv50 char and 40 talent points"

C) But in not too much time the advancement cap will have hit republic as well and it shall all be even steven

D) And if you want to make a solely PvP char then consider rolling consular (not that inquisitors are OP)

:wea_15:

So far in the past 3 days I've PvP'd 5-6 times, each time I've played against half a team of Lvl 50's who completely dominated my team. It makes PvP almost unplayable.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, it is currently plaguing my server and is making things very difficult.

Yes I had this problem when I began playing, and after a few days found two really effective workarounds.

First, there are quest hubs around the planets providing experience to level up and reach the max level of 50. I found that after hitting 50 I am much more evenly matched with those players.

Second, during my time completing the previously mentioned workaround, I found 2-3 competent players and began queuing with them. It has really improved my win/loss.

Either of those work great, and even better if done together.

Yes I had this problem when I began playing, and after a few days found two really effective workarounds.

First, there are quest hubs around the planets providing experience to level up and reach the max level of 50. I found that after hitting 50 I am much more evenly matched with those players.

Second, during my time completing the previously mentioned workaround, I found 2-3 competent players and began queuing with them. It has really improved my win/loss.

True, don't think it will be long until the "1 to 50 in 30 hours gametime" guides come out. People are already leveling fast without a good plan.

True, but I've found a major problem with your "effective workarounds"

There are these things called real life time restraints which effect most of the population, this injures us while trying to achieve the max level of 50.

Darn...

True, but I've found a major problem with your "effective workarounds"

There are these things called real life time restraints which effect most of the population, this injures us while trying to achieve the max level of 50.

Darn...

Oh my, I didn't think of the injury of real life while attempting to hit 50. It would seem as though the game rewards those who have put more time and effort into it. I imagine being active in the "real life" world would prepare you for this, as many things (school, work, hobbies) are the same way.

It's amazing that this poster actually believes he made a relevant point with this post.

It's amazing that this poster actually believes he made a relevant point with this post.

Subtle as it may be, the idea of being handed things or having others handicapped to "even the playing field" isn't a positive thing. It always surprises me how confused players are who spend fractions of their time on a game as other players, but expect the same level of reward.

For the most part in life:

Those who study longer get better grades.

Those who work longer or harder get better pay.

Even being a video game, this isn't a single player campaign. The rewards are given on merit, which has to be earned. There is no reason to believe it would be any different.

Oh my, I didn't think of the injury of real life while attempting to hit 50. It would seem as though the game rewards those who have put more time and effort into it. I imagine being active in the "real life" world would prepare you for this, as many things (school, work, hobbies) are the same way.

Truth. I'll keep working at my IRL achievements. They tend to get me that one other thing I love.

Its called poor planning on the dev's part, they made a great game but its not just me who has to deal with the lvl 50's its the whole server.

So yes it may reward those you put more hours into it, but its hurting more people then its rewarding. Thats called a bad system of planning.

While real life things are the same way, when I help myself in a personal fashion it in no way hurts 95% of the population.

The things do not relate.

Edit:

You can't compare the systems of PvP in this to real life reward and merit, its a game. People who cannot be as active shouldnt be almost completely ripped off.

It makes PvP on my server near unplayable, they might aswell just limit PvP to 50s only.

Edited by Inraika

Its called poor planning on the dev's part, they made a great game but its not just me who has to deal with the lvl 50's its the whole server.

So yes it may reward those you put more hours into it, but its hurting more people then its rewarding. Thats called a bad system of planning.

While real life things are the same way, when I help myself in a personal fashion it in no way hurts 95% of the population.

The things do not relate.

On the contrary. Those who spend more time are handicapped in pvp via the bolster system.

I see you are having difficulty understanding the idea of more time and effort relating to more success and prosperity. If there is a local Occupy Movement nearby, I suggest avoiding it at all costs, as you may be lured in by the same mindset.

On the contrary. Those who spend more time are handicapped in pvp via the bolster system.

I see you are having difficulty understanding the idea of more time and effort relating to more success and prosperity. If there is a local Occupy Movement nearby, I suggest avoiding it at all costs, as you may be lured in by the same mindset.

Expertise and more skills seem hardly a handicap.

I'm saying that this is a problem seeing as how, yes, the bolster system evens it out, but only too a point. The issue isn't the fact that these people have more time too play then most of the population, its the fact that there is an issue in which it seems like PvP on my server is largely unbalanced as I have played my last 7 games against level 50 players who have special bonus's... makes PvP unfair and unplayable.

You can't compare the systems of PvP in this to real life reward and merit, its a game. People who cannot be as active shouldnt be almost completely ripped off

I absolutely can compare them. For example, if you work full time, and sign up for too many classes, your grades will suffer as you don't have adequate time to devote to them.

If you have a family, and have to work less or have less time to devote to work, your employment will suffer and you will miss opportunities to move up the ladder.

Time investment, effort, and reward are closely related in all aspects of life. Multiplayer games with competeition are no exception.

Then you're wasting valuable time on the forums of a star wars website attempting to boost an image that nobody can see O_o

I'm currently stuck in my office covering a shift for one of my employees because he was in a car accident. The last thing I'd want to do is be so bored at work that I'm having to browse PvP Troll Forums. But that's what it's come down to :p

I'm currently stuck in my office covering a shift for one of my employees because he was in a car accident. The last thing I'd want to do is be so bored at work that I'm having to browse PvP Troll Forums. But that's what it's come down to :p

Very sad to hear, hope it wasnt a result of someone drunk driving this time of year. My point was that you seem to be mismanaging your time on this forum when you could be on facebook or eharmony trolling for that other thing in life you love ; )

Very sad to hear, hope it wasnt a result of someone drunk driving this time of year. My point was that you seem to be mismanaging your time on this forum when you could be on facebook or eharmony trolling for that other thing in life you love ; )

Haha. Actually, I've been with the same girl for a little over 5 years now. It just takes a good bit of IRL achievements to keep her :D Which I don't necessarily mind.

For the original conversation, I'm a level 19 shadow...I've leveled 19 levels in 5 days...slow as F compared to how I used to play MMO's. That being said, I enjoy PvP immensely in this game, and often find myself fighting level 50's.

However, I PvP with a group from my guild, and have found that:

Teamwork > Level when it comes to winning Warzones.

I absolutely can compare them. For example, if you work full time, and sign up for too many classes, your grades will suffer as you don't have adequate time to devote to them.

If you have a family, and have to work less or have less time to devote to work, your employment will suffer and you will miss opportunities to move up the ladder.

Time investment, effort, and reward are closely related in all aspects of life. Multiplayer games with competeition are no exception.

Youre not getting it.

If you do something to achieve something on a personal level, you do not affect 95% of the other people in the world.

This is not about personal achievement, its not about the fact that these people value this game over other things, its the fact that there is an issue with the fact that its affecting everyone else.

Youre not getting it.

If you do something to achieve something on a personal level, you do not affect 95% of the other people in the world.

This is not about personal achievement, its not about the fact that these people value this game over other things, its the fact that there is an issue with the fact that its affecting everyone else.

They play the same game you're playing, reach the level cap faster than you which is attainable at any time. You choose to pvp at your lower level, and are even boosted up to them to compensate for the difference, and you still feel the need to complain?

You talk like 50s can only be on the opposing team, and the fact that others level faster is hurting you. You are given every opportunity to succeed, put on an even playing field, and still can't be content.

They play the same game you're playing, reach the level cap faster than you which is attainable at any time. You choose to pvp at your lower level, and are even boosted up to them to compensate for the difference, and you still feel the need to complain?

You talk like 50s can only be on the opposing team, and the fact that others level faster is hurting you. You are given every opportunity to succeed, put on an even playing field, and still can't be content.

^ This.

Seriously. Anyone that is aimed to be good in PvP only sees the way that WZ's are setup as an advantage to them. I, for one, welcome Level 50's in WZ's against my lowely level 19. It allows me to gauge the class and see how well it will be at level 50 when I get there. It also allows me to start practicing and learning certain scenarios against different classes and how to approach those fights. I see a learning experience out of it, even if non-level 50's are put at a slight disadvantage it just either makes you a better player...or sends you to the forums to complain about it...

Guess it just depends on what type of person you are...

Mhm.

PvP shouldnt be an option if the devs decided to allow a team of 50's to play against a team of 10's. There are advantages to being level 50 over being level 10 or even 30 in PvP. (Talent points, skills, etc...)

"and the fact that others level faster is hurting you."

Again with the personal statements...

10 people's ability to level faster then others should NOT influence everyone else, its not just me, I've played with countless people who are having the same problem.

And for the past few days, I've played against mostly 50's on the other side, there were some games that were great, even, very playable.

It's not fun, I play this game to spend my leisure time, I am not going to build my life around it, I shouldn't have to play for hours and hours to enjoy myself. And yes I know PvP is an option but it shouldnt be if issues like this occur.

^ This.

Seriously. Anyone that is aimed to be good in PvP only sees the way that WZ's are setup as an advantage to them. I, for one, welcome Level 50's in WZ's against my lowely level 19. It allows me to gauge the class and see how well it will be at level 50 when I get there. It also allows me to start practicing and learning certain scenarios against different classes and how to approach those fights. I see a learning experience out of it, even if non-level 50's are put at a slight disadvantage it just either makes you a better player...or sends you to the forums to complain about it...

Guess it just depends on what type of person you are...

That makes no sense lol.

If something is unbalanced it'll get fixed anyways.

So if you walk into a firefight with a pistol and your opponent has an AK-47 I'll become a better soldier and marksman?

You kidding me? I'm just going off some really loose logic like your post.