Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lvl 50's in PvP

Inraika
12.24.2011 , 11:45 PM | #1
So far in the past 3 days I've PvP'd 5-6 times, each time I've played against half a team of Lvl 50's who completely dominated my team. It makes PvP almost unplayable.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, it is currently plaguing my server and is making things very difficult.

dingoperson
12.24.2011 , 11:49 PM | #2
Playing republic right?

A) Yes it sucks
B) But plenty of people will tell you that "L2P" or "the common factor in all your losses is you" and "a good lv10 player with 11000 health can easily roll a bad player with a lv50 char and 40 talent points"
C) But in not too much time the advancement cap will have hit republic as well and it shall all be even steven
D) And if you want to make a solely PvP char then consider rolling consular (not that inquisitors are OP)

lordpharaohz
12.24.2011 , 11:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Inraika View Post
So far in the past 3 days I've PvP'd 5-6 times, each time I've played against half a team of Lvl 50's who completely dominated my team. It makes PvP almost unplayable.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue, it is currently plaguing my server and is making things very difficult.
Yes I had this problem when I began playing, and after a few days found two really effective workarounds.

First, there are quest hubs around the planets providing experience to level up and reach the max level of 50. I found that after hitting 50 I am much more evenly matched with those players.

Second, during my time completing the previously mentioned workaround, I found 2-3 competent players and began queuing with them. It has really improved my win/loss.

Either of those work great, and even better if done together.

dingoperson
12.24.2011 , 11:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by lordpharaohz View Post
Yes I had this problem when I began playing, and after a few days found two really effective workarounds.

First, there are quest hubs around the planets providing experience to level up and reach the max level of 50. I found that after hitting 50 I am much more evenly matched with those players.

Second, during my time completing the previously mentioned workaround, I found 2-3 competent players and began queuing with them. It has really improved my win/loss.

True, don't think it will be long until the "1 to 50 in 30 hours gametime" guides come out. People are already leveling fast without a good plan.

Inraika
12.24.2011 , 11:58 PM | #5

True, but I've found a major problem with your "effective workarounds"
There are these things called real life time restraints which effect most of the population, this injures us while trying to achieve the max level of 50.

Darn...

lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Inraika View Post
True, but I've found a major problem with your "effective workarounds"
There are these things called real life time restraints which effect most of the population, this injures us while trying to achieve the max level of 50.

Darn...
Oh my, I didn't think of the injury of real life while attempting to hit 50. It would seem as though the game rewards those who have put more time and effort into it. I imagine being active in the "real life" world would prepare you for this, as many things (school, work, hobbies) are the same way.

CHRISGG
12.25.2011 , 12:05 AM | #7

It's amazing that this poster actually believes he made a relevant point with this post.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

lordpharaohz
12.25.2011 , 12:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRISGG View Post
It's amazing that this poster actually believes he made a relevant point with this post.
Subtle as it may be, the idea of being handed things or having others handicapped to "even the playing field" isn't a positive thing. It always surprises me how confused players are who spend fractions of their time on a game as other players, but expect the same level of reward.

For the most part in life:

Those who study longer get better grades.
Those who work longer or harder get better pay.

Even being a video game, this isn't a single player campaign. The rewards are given on merit, which has to be earned. There is no reason to believe it would be any different.

CommanderChronos
12.25.2011 , 12:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dingoperson View Post
True, don't think it will be long until the "1 to 50 in 30 hours gametime" guides come out. People are already leveling fast without a good plan.
The fastest level 50 in my guild was 90 hours.
A taste of Veela's Open world PvP
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Server - Veela | IGN: Chronos

Candy
12.25.2011 , 12:17 AM | #10
Oh my, I didn't think of the injury of real life while attempting to hit 50. It would seem as though the game rewards those who have put more time and effort into it. I imagine being active in the "real life" world would prepare you for this, as many things (school, work, hobbies) are the same way.

Truth. I'll keep working at my IRL achievements. They tend to get me that one other thing I love.

Jedi Shadow | Elynole | The Fatman[US] | Chocolate