Gearing system is awful...

McDaniels

Just like half the systems in this game, the pvp gearing system makes no sense and is just plain annoying.

Why should gearing up be, quite literally, luck based. Instead of getting gear from getting lots of commendations through lots of play, and good play, who gets gear is instead more or less random... Player X can average 70 comms a game, put out a lot of damage or healing, contribute significantly to his team, and play 50 warzones a day while player Y gets maybe 40 a game and palys 10, and player Y could very well recieve better gear for his inferior contribution and time commitment?

So many things about this game just don't make sense, but I guess thats what you get when you hire a company that makes single player RPGs to make MMOs...

If you want to make pvp gear a big grind, fine... do it... make it take a lot of comms to get each piece, but don't make us RGN our way to victory... people get sick of getting shafted really quickly...

if you play more you will have more opportunities at getting the bags....

Stop complaining and get to work......

don't complain about things that are nonsensical and should clearly be changed? I think most of us can agree that players who play more or are more skilled should get better gear... Most can agree that luck based gearing is stupid... Would anyone really play MMOs if the way you got gear was by being given random bags every day, not by raiding or by being good at pvp?

At least make it a linear grind so we can stop trying to get lucky.

You mean pvp rewards shouldn't be like pve rewards?

I don't remember anyone complaining about random drops from raid bosses.

It's different from what you are used to for sure but just think of war zone like a big raid boss that takes several days to kill and you get a drop.

Fully support this thread.

This bag system is ridiculous luck based grind. Not sure about pve yet, but my first sneak peak was that it is something similar. Im not some kind of spoiled brat and im used to grind. But after 20 hours spend in PvP i get one gear piece? really?

I dont think theres anything to complain about...

SO theres luck involved like EVERY other facet of the game.

Why do you expect this ONE thing to be different then EVERYTHING else in SWTOR.

PVE drops... RANDOM

Reverse Engineering Upgrades... RANDOM

PvP Rewards.... RANDOM..

WELL HELLO.... SWTOR likes Random...

Don't like it??? Get a job, and play to enjoy the game instead of playing because you've got nothing else to do... These kinds of things dont annoy you when it's not the most important thing in your life.

I don't have a problem with the random chance to get an disassembled (or w/e they call it) item in the bags.

My problem is that the system is a giant cluster ****. Having to grind warzone comms, trade them for merc comms and then buy bags that contain different comms is just silly.

IMO the merc badges should just be removed and they should make the bags cost 800. It's less confusing.

Like many things, the game does a very bad job of telling you how the system even works.

I dont think theres anything to complain about...

SO theres luck involved like EVERY other facet of the game.

Why do you expect this ONE thing to be different then EVERYTHING else in SWTOR.

PVE drops... RANDOM

PvP Rewards.... RANDOM..

WELL HELLO.... SWTOR likes Random...

Don't like it??? Get a job, and play to enjoy the game instead of playing because you've got nothing else to do... These kinds of things dont annoy you when it's not the most important thing in your life.

I have a wife and career. RNG in PvP is equally as annoying with those things. It doesn't belong in PvP. The fact that boss drops in PvE are random is not an argument for it to be so in PvP. Two separate mechanics that involve different styles of play; the rewards should be able to earned accordingly.

I don't have a problem with the random chance to get an disassembled (or w/e they call it) item in the bags.

My problem is that the system is a giant cluster ****. Having to grind warzone comms, trade them for merc comms and then buy bags that contain different comms is just silly.

IMO the merc badges should just be removed and they should make the bags cost 800. It's less confusing.

Like many things, the game does a very bad job of telling you how the system even works.

Warzone commendations from Warzones

Mercenary from world pvp

a lot of people don't realize there pvp quests that reward you mercenary commendations, pvp bags, valor etc.

I think the warzone commendations are a little easier to come by right now because no one is really focusing world pvp.

Just like half the systems in this game, the pvp gearing system makes no sense and is just plain annoying.

Why should gearing up be, quite literally, luck based. Instead of getting gear from getting lots of commendations through lots of play, and good play, who gets gear is instead more or less random... Player X can average 70 comms a game, put out a lot of damage or healing, contribute significantly to his team, and play 50 warzones a day while player Y gets maybe 40 a game and palys 10, and player Y could very well recieve better gear for his inferior contribution and time commitment?

So many things about this game just don't make sense, but I guess thats what you get when you hire a company that makes single player RPGs to make MMOs...

If you want to make pvp gear a big grind, fine... do it... make it take a lot of comms to get each piece, but don't make us RGN our way to victory... people get sick of getting shafted really quickly...

So you want top end gear correct. Raiders have to deal with a RNG system for their top end gear, so why shouldn't you. Its only fair.

Warzone commendations from Warzones

Mercenary from world pvp

a lot of people don't realize there pvp quests that reward you mercenary commendations, pvp bags, valor etc.

I think the warzone commendations are a little easier to come by right now because no one is really focusing world pvp.

It's still a cluster **** of a system. I can't even do the PVP dailys on Ilum because the republic never recap their stuff.

Well, in PvE you don't choose what item boss will drop for you, so going that way I don't see why in PvP you could get everything you want.

Especially considering the fact that PvP gear is basically free compared to pvp gear in each and every other mmo I have played.

PvE rewards are different all together. Random drops make doing the same Operation multiple times worthwhile, every piece of gear that drops helps your raid group even if you don't get that piece of gear. There is a point where the randomness of Boss drops becomes annoying and futile.

That is the point PvP gear is at right now. The randomness is fine, but they should make small changes. THe different kinds of tokens is needlessly complicated and is hard for non-MMO veterans to even figure out. One set of commendations which let you by the purple quality bags which should then include either a token for pvp tier or a higher level of commendations for the lower end pvp tier gear.

So you want top end gear correct. Raiders have to deal with a RNG system for their top end gear, so why shouldn't you. Its only fair.

Pretty sure 0% useful item for one person in a bag is worth a lot less than one person out of 8/24 that finds a specific pve drop to be useless.

This is the definition of ''casual friendly''. As things stand its do a few WZs, get a few bags and hope for the best. Skill, time, w/l ratio whatever else doesnt matter.

Back when i played WoW people made fun of others who walked around in welfare epics, here its the only way to get any form of PvP gear.

Edited by Hydrott

You mean pvp rewards shouldn't be like pve rewards?

I don't remember anyone complaining about random drops from raid bosses.

It's different from what you are used to for sure but just think of war zone like a big raid boss that takes several days to kill and you get a drop.

Ok first the logic you are using is completely ignorant.

1. This raid boss, what happens when others have better RNG than you and roll better for the piece?

2. This raid boss, drops the same thing twice.

3. This raid boss, takes weeks to obtain full gear while others can obtain within 6 trys?

4. This raid boss, is not PVP.

Ok first the logic you are using is completely ignorant.

1. This raid boss, what happens when others have better RNG than you and roll better for the piece?

2. This raid boss, drops the same thing twice.

3. This raid boss, takes weeks to obtain full gear while others can obtain within 6 trys?

4. This raid boss, is not PVP.

1. those people get better gear than you and either beat you on dps, tanking ability, or healing ability

2. Happens many times, hell I have seen 3 of the same item drop on the same boss at the same time

3. Happens all the time, ask any tank who gets bad loot drop rolls.

4. Both give you top end gear, so why should 1 be able to pick and choose just by repeatedly going in, and by the way failing at pvp still gets you gear, failing on a raid boss gets you nothing.

PVE drops... RANDOM

PvP Rewards.... GRIND FOR TOKENS TO GET A CHANCE AT RANDOM

Fixed for Accuracy. If PvP Rewards just dropped from Enemies at Random, people wouldn't complain. The complaining is because you have to Grind for Tokens to get a Chance to Roll. It's excessive.

Edited by Jest

Comparing pve loot system to pvp gear up system is way to go. +1

Only reason this system exist is in my opinion unnatural prolong time for ppl who wants to gear up in pvp. Cheers for 20 hours farm for enough commendations to be able to buy one gear piece, and "chance" to get some random piece. Frak this.

Had really awesome leveling experience, that gets ruined totally when i hit 50 and realized how much about grind this game is (pvp and pve). I dont want free stuff, but i dont want to spend 20 hours pvping to get belt.

This is the definition of ''casual friendly''. As things stand its do a few WZs, get a few bags and hope for the best. Skill, time, w/l ratio whatever else doesnt matter.

Sure, 8-10 WZs wins on average for one bag (your chance to roll) is called casual friendly.

Edited by Gamatic