Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing system is awful...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing system is awful...

Hydrott
12.25.2011 , 09:03 PM | #21
This is the definition of ''casual friendly''. As things stand its do a few WZs, get a few bags and hope for the best. Skill, time, w/l ratio whatever else doesnt matter.

Back when i played WoW people made fun of others who walked around in welfare epics, here its the only way to get any form of PvP gear.
Play life and live games.

TheOfficialGOAT
12.25.2011 , 10:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by WasabiJack View Post
You mean pvp rewards shouldn't be like pve rewards?

I don't remember anyone complaining about random drops from raid bosses.

It's different from what you are used to for sure but just think of war zone like a big raid boss that takes several days to kill and you get a drop.
Ok first the logic you are using is completely ignorant.

1. This raid boss, what happens when others have better RNG than you and roll better for the piece?

2. This raid boss, drops the same thing twice.

3. This raid boss, takes weeks to obtain full gear while others can obtain within 6 trys?

4. This raid boss, is not PVP.

Aghar
12.25.2011 , 11:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOfficialGOAT View Post
Ok first the logic you are using is completely ignorant.

1. This raid boss, what happens when others have better RNG than you and roll better for the piece?

2. This raid boss, drops the same thing twice.

3. This raid boss, takes weeks to obtain full gear while others can obtain within 6 trys?

4. This raid boss, is not PVP.

1. those people get better gear than you and either beat you on dps, tanking ability, or healing ability

2. Happens many times, hell I have seen 3 of the same item drop on the same boss at the same time

3. Happens all the time, ask any tank who gets bad loot drop rolls.

4. Both give you top end gear, so why should 1 be able to pick and choose just by repeatedly going in, and by the way failing at pvp still gets you gear, failing on a raid boss gets you nothing.

Jest
12.25.2011 , 11:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DropDeadFred View Post

PVE drops... RANDOM
Reverse Engineering Upgrades... RANDOM
PvP Rewards.... GRIND FOR TOKENS TO GET A CHANCE AT RANDOM
Fixed for Accuracy. If PvP Rewards just dropped from Enemies at Random, people wouldn't complain. The complaining is because you have to Grind for Tokens to get a Chance to Roll. It's excessive.

Gamatic
12.25.2011 , 11:40 PM | #25
Comparing pve loot system to pvp gear up system is way to go. +1

Only reason this system exist is in my opinion unnatural prolong time for ppl who wants to gear up in pvp. Cheers for 20 hours farm for enough commendations to be able to buy one gear piece, and "chance" to get some random piece. Frak this.

Had really awesome leveling experience, that gets ruined totally when i hit 50 and realized how much about grind this game is (pvp and pve). I dont want free stuff, but i dont want to spend 20 hours pvping to get belt.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hydrott View Post
This is the definition of ''casual friendly''. As things stand its do a few WZs, get a few bags and hope for the best. Skill, time, w/l ratio whatever else doesnt matter.
Sure, 8-10 WZs wins on average for one bag (your chance to roll) is called casual friendly.

hgjwz
12.25.2011 , 11:45 PM | #26
The fact that its luck based is annoying but doesn't bother me that much. What annoys me more is that i got 4th time today a consular weapon 4th bloody time and iv also already received like 2nd or 3rd boots so it should have some sort of limitation mechanic so it wont give you same things over and over again.

Now that i think of it even more it sucks ! it should just give 3x the commendations it has now from the bag and make battlemaster gear achievable some other way. There is just no way this game can be really competitive in the future if you must rely on pure luck to get some better pieces. Im probably gonna waste a other day trying to get a gear and see that i get my 6th or 7th useless weapon.

LordRaevin
12.25.2011 , 11:47 PM | #27
I've had 27 bags so far and got 5 implants, that's how awesome this system is.