Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing system is awful...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing system is awful...

Aghar
12.25.2011 , 11:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by McDaniels View Post
Just like half the systems in this game, the pvp gearing system makes no sense and is just plain annoying.

Why should gearing up be, quite literally, luck based. Instead of getting gear from getting lots of commendations through lots of play, and good play, who gets gear is instead more or less random... Player X can average 70 comms a game, put out a lot of damage or healing, contribute significantly to his team, and play 50 warzones a day while player Y gets maybe 40 a game and palys 10, and player Y could very well recieve better gear for his inferior contribution and time commitment?

So many things about this game just don't make sense, but I guess thats what you get when you hire a company that makes single player RPGs to make MMOs...

If you want to make pvp gear a big grind, fine... do it... make it take a lot of comms to get each piece, but don't make us RGN our way to victory... people get sick of getting shafted really quickly...
So you want top end gear correct. Raiders have to deal with a RNG system for their top end gear, so why shouldn't you. Its only fair.

Caeliux
12.25.2011 , 11:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarfy View Post
if you play more you will have more opportunities at getting the bags....

Stop complaining and get to work......
^^ /endthread

Ekahab
12.25.2011 , 11:17 AM | #13
The multiple tokens is needlessly complex imo, whats the real point of merc tokens and wz tokens? Why just not have one token type for all of it?
EKA
R E I G N
Sith Empire
PvP ♦ ERP ♦ PvP

TheErebUs
12.25.2011 , 11:17 AM | #14
People will find anything to complain about here, huh?
"Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things, right now: Jack and ****... and Jack left town. "
-Bruce Campbell

MARSHMALLOWS!

Hypernetic
12.25.2011 , 11:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by WasabiJack View Post
Warzone commendations from Warzones
Mercenary from world pvp

a lot of people don't realize there pvp quests that reward you mercenary commendations, pvp bags, valor etc.

I think the warzone commendations are a little easier to come by right now because no one is really focusing world pvp.
It's still a cluster **** of a system. I can't even do the PVP dailys on Ilum because the republic never recap their stuff.

Lerdoc
12.25.2011 , 11:51 AM | #16
Well, in PvE you don't choose what item boss will drop for you, so going that way I don't see why in PvP you could get everything you want.

Especially considering the fact that PvP gear is basically free compared to pvp gear in each and every other mmo I have played.

trimw
12.25.2011 , 11:58 AM | #17
I don't mind the random system, but the different types of tokens is just confusing as hell.

pogues
12.25.2011 , 12:51 PM | #18
PvE rewards are different all together. Random drops make doing the same Operation multiple times worthwhile, every piece of gear that drops helps your raid group even if you don't get that piece of gear. There is a point where the randomness of Boss drops becomes annoying and futile.

That is the point PvP gear is at right now. The randomness is fine, but they should make small changes. THe different kinds of tokens is needlessly complicated and is hard for non-MMO veterans to even figure out. One set of commendations which let you by the purple quality bags which should then include either a token for pvp tier or a higher level of commendations for the lower end pvp tier gear.

Darth_Sarkis
12.25.2011 , 01:05 PM | #19
really the only thing i hate is the fear to buy something with centurion marks, and then getting the same slot champion drop from my next bag. it makes me not want to spend cent marks.

Otherlander
12.25.2011 , 08:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aghar View Post
So you want top end gear correct. Raiders have to deal with a RNG system for their top end gear, so why shouldn't you. Its only fair.
Pretty sure 0% useful item for one person in a bag is worth a lot less than one person out of 8/24 that finds a specific pve drop to be useless.