Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gearing system is awful...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Gearing system is awful...

McDaniels's Avatar


McDaniels
12.24.2011 , 11:37 PM | #1
Just like half the systems in this game, the pvp gearing system makes no sense and is just plain annoying.

Why should gearing up be, quite literally, luck based. Instead of getting gear from getting lots of commendations through lots of play, and good play, who gets gear is instead more or less random... Player X can average 70 comms a game, put out a lot of damage or healing, contribute significantly to his team, and play 50 warzones a day while player Y gets maybe 40 a game and palys 10, and player Y could very well recieve better gear for his inferior contribution and time commitment?

So many things about this game just don't make sense, but I guess thats what you get when you hire a company that makes single player RPGs to make MMOs...

If you want to make pvp gear a big grind, fine... do it... make it take a lot of comms to get each piece, but don't make us RGN our way to victory... people get sick of getting shafted really quickly...

Dwarfy's Avatar


Dwarfy
12.24.2011 , 11:48 PM | #2
if you play more you will have more opportunities at getting the bags....

Stop complaining and get to work......

Jnaathra's Avatar


Jnaathra
12.24.2011 , 11:50 PM | #3
I agree that the entire token system, token exchange system and random reward bags are a bit on the odd side.

McDaniels's Avatar


McDaniels
12.24.2011 , 11:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarfy View Post
if you play more you will have more opportunities at getting the bags....

Stop complaining and get to work......
don't complain about things that are nonsensical and should clearly be changed? I think most of us can agree that players who play more or are more skilled should get better gear... Most can agree that luck based gearing is stupid... Would anyone really play MMOs if the way you got gear was by being given random bags every day, not by raiding or by being good at pvp?

At least make it a linear grind so we can stop trying to get lucky.

WasabiJack's Avatar


WasabiJack
12.25.2011 , 12:00 AM | #5
You mean pvp rewards shouldn't be like pve rewards?

I don't remember anyone complaining about random drops from raid bosses.

It's different from what you are used to for sure but just think of war zone like a big raid boss that takes several days to kill and you get a drop.

Gamatic's Avatar


Gamatic
12.25.2011 , 12:13 AM | #6
Fully support this thread.

This bag system is ridiculous luck based grind. Not sure about pve yet, but my first sneak peak was that it is something similar. Im not some kind of spoiled brat and im used to grind. But after 20 hours spend in PvP i get one gear piece? really?

DropDeadFred's Avatar


DropDeadFred
12.25.2011 , 12:18 AM | #7
I dont think theres anything to complain about...

SO theres luck involved like EVERY other facet of the game.

Why do you expect this ONE thing to be different then EVERYTHING else in SWTOR.

PVE drops... RANDOM
Reverse Engineering Upgrades... RANDOM
PvP Rewards.... RANDOM..


WELL HELLO.... SWTOR likes Random...

Don't like it??? Get a job, and play to enjoy the game instead of playing because you've got nothing else to do... These kinds of things dont annoy you when it's not the most important thing in your life.

Hypernetic's Avatar


Hypernetic
12.25.2011 , 12:23 AM | #8
I don't have a problem with the random chance to get an disassembled (or w/e they call it) item in the bags.

My problem is that the system is a giant cluster ****. Having to grind warzone comms, trade them for merc comms and then buy bags that contain different comms is just silly.

IMO the merc badges should just be removed and they should make the bags cost 800. It's less confusing.

Like many things, the game does a very bad job of telling you how the system even works.

Telaan's Avatar


Telaan
12.25.2011 , 12:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DropDeadFred View Post
I dont think theres anything to complain about...

SO theres luck involved like EVERY other facet of the game.

Why do you expect this ONE thing to be different then EVERYTHING else in SWTOR.

PVE drops... RANDOM
Reverse Engineering Upgrades... RANDOM
PvP Rewards.... RANDOM..


WELL HELLO.... SWTOR likes Random...

Don't like it??? Get a job, and play to enjoy the game instead of playing because you've got nothing else to do... These kinds of things dont annoy you when it's not the most important thing in your life.
I have a wife and career. RNG in PvP is equally as annoying with those things. It doesn't belong in PvP. The fact that boss drops in PvE are random is not an argument for it to be so in PvP. Two separate mechanics that involve different styles of play; the rewards should be able to earned accordingly.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

WasabiJack's Avatar


WasabiJack
12.25.2011 , 11:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
I don't have a problem with the random chance to get an disassembled (or w/e they call it) item in the bags.

My problem is that the system is a giant cluster ****. Having to grind warzone comms, trade them for merc comms and then buy bags that contain different comms is just silly.

IMO the merc badges should just be removed and they should make the bags cost 800. It's less confusing.

Like many things, the game does a very bad job of telling you how the system even works.

Warzone commendations from Warzones
Mercenary from world pvp

a lot of people don't realize there pvp quests that reward you mercenary commendations, pvp bags, valor etc.

I think the warzone commendations are a little easier to come by right now because no one is really focusing world pvp.