Were Sith Rakata slaves?

Tankdoog

What do you think? According to their bio, the Rakata succeeded in enslaving all "known" species of the Galaxy. Moreover, during my Belsavis class mission, a Rakata device referred to my pureblood as a "slave race."

Do you think the Rakata managed to enslave the ancient Sith and Massassi? Seems far fetched to me, considering how powerful the true Sith purebloods are.

What do you think? According to their bio, the Rakata succeeded in enslaving all "known" species of the Galaxy. Moreover, during my Belsavis class mission, a Rakata device referred to my pureblood as a "slave race."

Do you think the Rakata managed to enslave the ancient Sith and Massassi? Seems far fetched to me, considering how powerful the true Sith purebloods are.

It's a little ambiguous but for the most part it seems like the Rakata were taking an "appear as benevolent patrons and take them over without them realizing it" approach to Korriban at least at first (think the Visitors in V or the aliens in To Serve Man for a couple classic examples). But then they started being more open about subjugating the Sith, so the Sith King Adas led an uprising against them, drove them off of Korriban and captured some of their ships (which the Sith used to expand to Ziost and conquer some surrounding worlds).

It's not clear just how much control over the Sith the Rakata actually had before King Adas drove them off, so the Mother Machine calling them a 'slave race' may have been an accurate description, or it may have been overstating things a bit. The Rakata Infernal One referred to Korriban as his "crown", so there are at least a couple sources indicating the Rakata had control - albeit sources with a clearly biased (pro-Rakata) viewpoint.

Edited by DarthDymond

Worth stating that it's not far-fetched at all for the Infinite Empire to crush the primitive sith. It's actually more unbelievable that they were repelled.

Psh. Do you know how strong those Massassi are? I mean, sure the Rakata were strong in the force, but the Massassi warriors of the Sith might just be the most deadly warriors in the galaxy.

Couple this with the fact that Adas was a master of Sith Magic (according to his bio), and the fact that almost all Sith Purebloods at the time were force sensitive, then the Rakata had their work cut out for them. Though lacking in technology, the Sith were always powerful.

To be brutally honest, the Sith were still one of the most dangerous species in the galaxy at that point in time.

It's a little ambiguous but for the most part it seems like the Rakata were taking an "appear as benevolent patrons and take them over without them realizing it" approach to Korriban at least at first (think the Visitors in V or the aliens in To Serve Man for a couple classic examples). But then they started being more open about subjugating the Sith, so the Sith King Adas led an uprising against them, drove them off of Korriban and captured some of their ships (which the Sith used to expand to Ziost and conquer some surrounding worlds).

It's not clear just how much control over the Sith the Rakata actually had before King Adas drove them off, so the Mother Machine calling them a 'slave race' may have been an accurate description, or it may have been overstating things a bit. The Rakata Infernal One referred to Korriban as his "crown", so there are at least a couple sources indicating the Rakata had control - albeit sources with a clearly biased (pro-Rakata) viewpoint.

Sounds to me like after the Sith kicked their asses and took their stuff.

Had to have beaten them pretty badly too, since the Rakata never returned to Korriban after being repelled.

Psh. Do you know how strong those Massassi are? I mean, sure the Rakata were strong in the force, but the Massassi warriors of the Sith might just be the most deadly warriors in the galaxy.

Couple this with the fact that Adas was a master of Sith Magic (according to his bio), and the fact that almost all Sith Purebloods at the time were force sensitive, then the Rakata had their work cut out for them. Though lacking in technology, the Sith were always powerful.

To be brutally honest, the Sith were still one of the most dangerous species in the galaxy at that point in time.

The Massassi were pretty much just normal warrior Sith until the Dark Lords started messing with Sith Alchemy on them about 20,000 years after the Rakata. And the Rakata were Dark Side Force users as well.

The Sith did drive them off eventually, though, so basically Sith were the Ewoks of that era.

Edited by DarthDymond