Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Keys Temporarily Unavailable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Mobile Security Keys Temporarily Unavailable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
06.03.2015 , 11:52 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

If you're looking to get a mobile Security Key, they will be temporarily unavailable as we make some changes on the back end.

I'll let you know once they're back up!

-Tait
Tait "pariahloki" Watson
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Adovir
06.03.2015 , 12:04 PM | #2
Does that mean you're going to send us an e-mail with the one time password for those of us who has a mobile key?
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Makillda
06.03.2015 , 05:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Adovir View Post
Does that mean you're going to send us an e-mail with the one time password for those of us who has a mobile key?
Mine still pulls up a code. Haven't tried logging into the game with it, though.

AtienBashir
06.05.2015 , 12:01 PM | #4
when will they be available

jasoneth
06.05.2015 , 05:26 PM | #5
While the Android version of the mobile security key (The Old Republic Security Key) is available in the Play Store, I'm unable to install it on my phone (Nexus 5 running Android 5.1.1), with the message given that "This item is not compatible with your device".

Note that I had the old version of the app installed (prior to upgrading my phone to Android to 5.0); I uninstalled it to replicate an issue my partner was having, and while I've done so, we're now both stuck without being able to re-install the mobile security key.

It seems that the app hasn't been enabled for 5.0+ devices, though its requirement is for Android "2.1 and up".

Is this the issue that you are referring to, Tait? Or is this something else?
Teo, co-host and producer of OotiniCast

NightsisterSilri
06.05.2015 , 07:35 PM | #6
So does this mean I'll won't get the cartel coins this month for having a security key, since I can't set it up? Or will this be fixed before the end of the month?

CommanderKeeva
06.06.2015 , 06:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoneth View Post
While the Android version of the mobile security key (The Old Republic Security Key) is available in the Play Store, I'm unable to install it on my phone (Nexus 5 running Android 5.1.1), with the message given that "This item is not compatible with your device".

Note that I had the old version of the app installed (prior to upgrading my phone to Android to 5.0); I uninstalled it to replicate an issue my partner was having, and while I've done so, we're now both stuck without being able to re-install the mobile security key.

It seems that the app hasn't been enabled for 5.0+ devices, though its requirement is for Android "2.1 and up".

I am having the exact same issue. I had no problems whatsoever running the application on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra while it was running the Android 4.4.4 (KitKat) operating system. The minute I upgraded it to Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), the application ceased functioning. At the time I assumed there was a problem with the application itself, so I deleted it and decided to download and install it again. Imagine my consternation when it did not show up on Google Play and I received a message that my phone was incompatible with the security key application anyways.

I hope they are going to enable it for 5.1.1 and Android M devices soon.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Edzew
06.06.2015 , 09:19 AM | #8
thre have been problems with the app for a while... when i updated my iphone to the newest OS version the security key app stopped working...been that way for a while now... it would be nice if they updated the app finally and i could use it again.
Click Here for a free inventory slot!!!

dr_mike
06.06.2015 , 09:20 AM | #9
Dang it. Just removed it from my old device to move it over to a new one. Oh well....
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

Wardav
06.06.2015 , 07:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by jasoneth View Post

Just got my Galaxy S6 and tried to install it from the Play store, error stating my device is incompatible as well.
Another addition to list of reasons I wish I kept my S5...