Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints are Insanely Hard!

drbeat
12.25.2011 , 11:02 AM | #21
The flashpoints are the main feature of the game that I enjoy. For the most part they seem appropriately tuned. I just wish more people enjoyed running them as much as I do. It's kind of hit or miss whether or not groups are available for any but the lowest level ones, and it's really boring waiting around in the fleet for a group to get together.

Schneidend
12.25.2011 , 12:05 PM | #22
ITT: People who did not read the OP and/or people who will brag about how "ezmode" they find the game.

Squiddish
12.25.2011 , 02:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Schneidend View Post
ITT: People who did not read the OP and/or people who will brag about how "ezmode" they find the game.
Perhaps I should have seen this coming.

The epeen is strong in this one.

I may have been undergeared as the healer, idk. I'm not sure if its SUPPOSED to take 3 Underworld Medicines and 2 Kolto Packs to heal through one of the last boss' DoTs.
http://www.youtube.com/SquiiddishReturns
Yes, I'm that Squiddish.
The Republic: Playing PvP as well as a Rhesus monkey since 12/13/2011.

StefanieF
12.25.2011 , 03:30 PM | #24
I've only run two Flashpoints so far - Esseles and Hammer Station - but I'm having fun with them.

Esseles lures you into a false sense of security, I think. It's not that difficult, as it's probably designed to be a sort of tutorial on Flashpoints. Hammer Station, however, proved to be quite the challenge and my friends and I enjoyed it. First two of us with companions tried to tackle it and wiped a few times. Then we brought in a third person and STILL wiped a few times on the last boss. We got him eventually though.

It's been years since I've actually had to learn an instance and its boss fights and it's pretty rewarding when you figure it out for yourself rather than looking up videos online.

Hersin
12.25.2011 , 04:11 PM | #25
I have only 1 requeat abut diff of flshpoint.

PLS !!! make it so hard as it was in RIFT ( expert dungeons ). DIff lvl in rift before 1st major patch was insane 1 mistake and u wipe. I love doing flashpoints put so more mechanics to make our life misreble. And belive me satysfaction after u finish that kind of run its amazing.

WhoDaresWins
12.25.2011 , 04:45 PM | #26
They're not extremely hard, but they are very much based on trial and error. I very rarely finish at least one boss encounter without a wipe, but I have also yet to NOT complete a Flashpoint without my full group still intact. Teamwork and communication is encouraged, if not required, there remains a challenge but overall the task is not impossible.

I love it.
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

Squiddish
12.25.2011 , 07:30 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
They're not extremely hard, but they are very much based on trial and error. I very rarely finish at least one boss encounter without a wipe, but I have also yet to NOT complete a Flashpoint without my full group still intact. Teamwork and communication is encouraged, if not required, there remains a challenge but overall the task is not impossible.

I love it.
This is actually a really good summary of things, once we had each boss figured out and had a plan, we downed them with no deaths.
http://www.youtube.com/SquiiddishReturns
Yes, I'm that Squiddish.
The Republic: Playing PvP as well as a Rhesus monkey since 12/13/2011.

NasherUK
12.25.2011 , 07:52 PM | #28
The only one I've seen so far which is properly hard is Colicoid Wargames, partly because of bugs and lack of responsiveness with the cannons. All the others I've done first try at the right level. With a few close ones on bosses (as it should be).

Up to the foundry the flashpoints are pretty easy, I even 2 manned some of them using healing companions. After boarding party you start needing properly specced healers and tanks.

darkonnis
12.25.2011 , 08:13 PM | #29
You cannot compare "leveling dungons" with end game raid content from another mmo. thats just stupid. The game up until level 30, is carebear as you like. It assumes you have never played anything before, and walks you through gently sure, some basses aren't just tank and spank but they only have 1 mechanic. Soon after 30 you encounter normal mobs that have several mechanics and thats not to mention the normal bosses.
Get 50, the comment. Just saying.
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene

Spackle
12.25.2011 , 09:51 PM | #30
Hardmode Flashpoints, aside from Black Talon, is either bugged or highly-overtuned. So have fun at 50.