Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints are Insanely Hard!

farazelleth
12.24.2011 , 11:37 PM | #11
Heroic Flashpoints & Ops are still quasi-bugged. Some shared info I've discovered to date.

(1) Just finished Heroic Taral V, where the final boss dropped only lvl30 loot

(2) Then, second boss in Eternity Vault, Gharj has a nasty bug where, if you wipe and then reenter the instance the boss will at random instant kill (from miles away) each member of the ops team at random. Leaving the group, the instance, and running in the republic fleet cantine its no avail. He still kills you, one shot style.

Game is still new, but support tickets were ignored and 100k repair costs because a boss wants to kill you outside the instance sucks.

(3) Not sure if this counts but, first boss of Heroic Essels is insanely hard, compared to other flashpoints. Enrages on my team at 50%. Yet we have no trouble elsewhere when it comes to bosses and enrage timers.

Despite all the problems, it's still highly enjoyable.
Fara,
Jedi Shadow,
Tome of Freedon Nadd

snipegunner
12.24.2011 , 11:40 PM | #12
Rng in heroic essles is rediculous. Random 1 shot lighting and 2 shot saber throws that might hit some twice in a row

Yung_DizzY
12.24.2011 , 11:41 PM | #13
I can say this.

People who raid a lot are used to this kind of difficultly.

People who don't raid might find the flash-points a little more challenging then most other MMOs
(|||||◊█Ξ[ө]|█Ξ[████████████████████) (Survivor of E3 09)GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND
http://www.twitch.tv/yungdizzy <<<<<<My Game Streaming Channel

Bating
12.24.2011 , 11:59 PM | #14
in wow we had dual spec, we could be damage and change to healing spec.

In this game we dont, for me at the moment it cost me as sage 50k+ to change from damage to healing. At below 30 it worked to heal as damage, higher up it doesent.

If you complain about insatnces below the 30 mark however, i suggest you play the flashpoints 4-5 levels below you. You still get exp and the lore, but its a lot easier

Myrkkin
12.25.2011 , 04:26 AM | #15
Flashpoints are easy once you develop a passionate fear of geometry.

Remember, friends, geometry is bad and you do not want to be near it.

Toegrinder
12.25.2011 , 04:27 AM | #16
Hope they keep it this way
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieMeerkat View Post
It does work. But you can't see past the QQ goggles.

Acidbaron
12.25.2011 , 04:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Yung_DizzY View Post
I can say this.

People who raid a lot are used to this kind of difficultly.

People who don't raid might find the flash-points a little more challenging then most other MMOs
Going to add in that with more levels and beter gear things get easy really fast aswel.
This was however the same with cataclysm heroics and there they made the mistake of nerfing the fights what made them too easy 2 months in. While having cleared them in the first week it required some thinking as gear wasn't overcompensating for your mistakes.
However i already read that a lot of these fights were tweaked down during the testing stages of this game, what is a shame.

I want to say that as a veteran i don't really find them difficult, there are good base mechanics to build further on more advanced dungeons and i do hope they don't consider making heroic and what not version of dungeons easier so that the newer players to the genre can manage them, as then we are stuck on the ride that all dungeons for this first period will be too easy.

tl;dr, Making dungeons hard makes people adjust and learn the mechanics beter what gives the developer more options to advance on that. Decreasing the difficulty and a lot of interesting mechanics can be lost. That's not to say they should be unforgivable but gradually increasing the difficulty will make it beter for everyone in the long run.

Have to say but we all know it's coming, that a combat log to see what people died from atleast would be helpfull in the long run as in some flashpoints it's a guessing game what killed you making you doubt if it's working as intended or not.

RenegadeBremis
12.25.2011 , 08:19 AM | #18
Just want to shout out to whoever designed the first boss in False emperor on hard mode....

**** YOU! THE DAMN TOWERS DONT FIRE HALF THE TIME WE USE THEM AND IF THEY DONT WE DIE IN A MISSLE BARRAGE FROM HELL...

please dont change it I wish to defeat him while he is like this -_-....

Mavery
12.25.2011 , 09:33 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Squiddish View Post
It was mainly just the bosses. The trash is all pretty easy, but they have managed to slap a good challenge on the bosses. This was also a whole group of 21s or below, nobody was overlevel for the flashpoint.
The bosses in Athiss are easy. The Beast? Simple add burn fight. Prophet? Don't get hit by fire balls and DPS him down.

Very simple to execute fights. Very easy.

melodey
12.25.2011 , 10:44 AM | #20
Errrrr. please INCREASE the level of difficulty in this game. It really makes me feel dumb playing it.

Also, I felt that while pugging in flashpoints, many do not know how to play their role. Making the game easy will continue to serve these people.