Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stealthing out of the middle of PvP combat = terrible

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stealthing out of the middle of PvP combat = terrible

zaboteur
12.24.2011 , 10:45 PM | #1
again, another clear example that BIOWARE has ZERO clue how to do PVP.

How the hell is someone just going to stealth out of the middle of a battle?! Either this effect should not happen in combat, or you need to be able to see them for 1-2 seconds after they stealth.

Pretty bad to try to open world pvp when a bunch of players can just stealth out of the battle and run away with no problems.

This just kinda ruins world pvp for me.

I mean if I am attacking someone in melee, and they insta-stealth, let me see them if they are next to me, or make their skill a 1-2 sec to activate so they cant just disappear while in the middle of a melee fight. Or give them 1/2 stealth for 1-3 seconds.

Very bad experience that my 1st open pvp world fight, ended with the dude just stealthing away in mid battle when I was winning. While invis he was able to easily go into his normal stealth and that was that. Very disappointing to say the least.

If he was winning I would have died, it is not like players lose anything on death, so why give so much advantage to an already good dps/tanking class.

Azthraal
12.24.2011 , 10:50 PM | #2
Force Cloak is on a 3 min CD. 2 Mins Talented. Does not remove debuffs. Makes you almost undetectable for a 10 secs.

Solution: Put a damage over time on him, and he will magically pop up again. Or try the luck and do an aoe right when he stealths to get him out. True Story, trust me.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 10:53 PM | #3
Rogues have had vanish in WoW forever. Using a cooldown combat stealth is an old hat trick for stealth users.

As an operative I can confirm that I indeed cannot stealth once I hit or am hit by something.I have to run away and hide until combat drops which is very hard to do when you have enemies chasing you down.

CHRISGG
12.24.2011 , 10:53 PM | #4
Put a dot on them
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Jpope
12.24.2011 , 10:53 PM | #5
I've noticed if you do an aoe attack it will break them out of stealth.
Quote: Originally Posted by Battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiduslol
whoaaaaaa, bold statements - a pity jpope hits like a girl.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 10:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jpope View Post
I've noticed if you do an aoe attack it will break them out of stealth.
AOE, use detection abilities if you got them, trinket out of any stuns, use dots, and run around. Stealthers are moderately easy to spot if they are in front of you.

zaboteur
12.24.2011 , 10:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Azthraal View Post
Force Cloak is on a 3 min CD. 2 Mins Talented. Does not remove debuffs. Makes you almost undetectable for a 10 secs.

Solution: Put a damage over time on him, and he will magically pop up again. Or try the luck and do an aoe right when he stealths to get him out. True Story, trust me.
its a bad pvp mechanic, and just leads to lame play.

Assassin and shadow have huge advantages in PvP because of this, and no I dont want to have to respect my whole tree just so I can put a dot on a stelthing player.

JUst make it so they have 1/2 stealth when they are really cose to an enemy player for say 3 seconds after they use the ability and that would be ok with me. The instant 'disappear' when I am right next to the guy hitting him with a light saber is just bad.

even with an aoe, the global cool downs are about 1 second, all dude has to do is hit stealth after I use a power on him and he is pretty much gone. All he has to do is move out the way and then full stealth.

or give it like 5 seconds duration and dont allow normal stealth while in combat, and dont let this power remove combat flag.

I dont care what solution, but something has to be changed on this.

WasabiJack
12.24.2011 , 10:58 PM | #8
This ability is only amazing vs complete noobs.

Anyone even slightly skilled/experienced will put a dot on you or aoe you out.

I would not mind if they removed this ability and added one to give a speed boost, much easier to run away with speed boost than stealth.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 11:01 PM | #9
Sorc/sages have sprint, sins/shadows have combat stealth. Its an escape ability. It helps them escape.

Kioth
12.24.2011 , 11:02 PM | #10
I totally agree So bs. Nerf that now. come on you cant stealth hit someone and re stealth again thats total bs. nerf that, if they attack and they unstealth they are not allowed to restealth while in combat out of combat is fine

People are abusing it rediculasly. everyone is rolling Stealth characters like Jedi Shadows and inquiz assassins even Sith and jedi Maruaders are too much stealth its pretty OP and needs a major nerf thats what pssing me off most in this pvp is they stealth after they attack or i attack them and they stealth right after.. OP please Nerf!
Squadron 11-11-11

*Never Forget*