(EMP) THUNDER - late night raiding

THUNDER is looking for more members for our 8/10 HM progression team. As is the case in every MMO and content cycle players leave and guilds need to replace them. We raid 4-6 days a week 9pm-12am UK time. We also welcome more social members, future raiders, friends and family of all levels. Visit thunder-swtor.info for further details or read on.

THUNDER is a mature raiding guild which has been established for several years. This gives our SWTOR members the benefit of a broad community for all types of players from all over the world and a very experienced leadership. The atmosphere in THUNDER is chatty, helpful and friendly. We make a lot of use of Mumble, both in raids and just to talk in between times. So having a working microphone is key. We also require the use of Starparse of all raiders. While we do not have organized PvP events, many of our players partake in it.

In order to fit with our players other responsibilities all of THUNDER's playtimes are later in the evening with raids taking place from 9PM UK time until 12AM UK time on Tuesday - Friday and Sundays, with optional additional raids for the off-nights. Raiders are not required to raid any number of days, but are encouraged to sign-up as often as they can. We are currently 4/5 TOS HM and 4/5 Ravagers.

We are actively looking for the following roles:

Tank - Any class

Due to their more difficult position in the current content and the availability of quality raiders in the guild, we do not recruit melee DPS at the moment. Exceptional applications are always welcome though.

Gear and experience on current Ops is not required, as we will be providing both through our frequent farm nights. Experience in progression raiding in general is highly preferred, but also not essential.

If you would like to know more please visit our website at thunder-swtor.info or whisper some of our members on the Empire side of The Red Eclipse server any of whom will be happy to answer your questions. To name but a few Narce, Bronam, Diùra, Kyrna, Tomintoul

Edited by WheresMyWhisky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I might be interested in joining you by moving one of my characters from my current server (Tomb if Freddon Nadd) to this one. But, before that I am interested in some information if you don't mind:

1. Which type of roles do you accept and which classes are preferable (except tank because I refuse to tank)
  2. Imagining that you accept me how long would it take me to get in progress raiding?
  3. What is your progress at the moment and which are your goals regarding to raiding? HM progress on TOS and RAV or story modes or old operations?
  4. and the raiding schedule? You raid at UK time 21h00 till 00h00? Or do you start later? Because I only can be available from 21h30 onwards.

Thank you for your time

Hello.

I might be interested in joining you by moving one of my characters from my current server (Tomb if Freddon Nadd) to this one. But, before that I am interested in some information if you don't mind:

1. Which type of roles do you accept and which classes are preferable (except tank because I refuse to tank)
  2. Imagining that you accept me how long would it take me to get in progress raiding?
  3. What is your progress at the moment and which are your goals regarding to raiding? HM progress on TOS and RAV or story modes or old operations?
  4. and the raiding schedule? You raid at UK time 21h00 till 00h00? Or do you start later? Because I only can be available from 21h30 onwards.

Thank you for your time

Hello, thank you for your interest in Thunder :)

1) We accept every role and class, however healers and ranged dps are on the top of the list for progression at this time.

2) Well, it depends on how good you are :) At the moment we have one night for hardmode farming (for us that's usually the first 3 bosses of both Rav and Tos, the ones we can down reliably while introducing new people or alts) when we try to rotate new people and non (yet) progression raiders for gearing and experience, and 2 nights for actual progression when we try to keep the team composition consistent to give us the best chance. We do have a higher turn over than most for progression though, due to our members RL commitments.

3) We are 3/5 in Rav HM and 4/5 in ToS HM. Our immediate goal is clearing Master & Blaster (hopefully tomorrow night!) and then it'll be Coratanni's time. Our general goal is having a good time while killing pixels :) We also have 2 nights dedicated to old operations, mostly DF (trying to get everyone their Wings before the expansion hits ;) ) and DP NiM at the moment. The remaining nights we usually run Rav and ToS SM.

4) Sometimes we do start a little later than 9 pm but usually that's the time when raiders are expected to be loading in the Operation instance.

I'll be happy to answer any other question you might have or you can check our website.

Thank you for your response. At the moment I have 2/5 HM on RAV and 3/5 HM on TOS and I usually play a Sorc healer for main, a agent healer (not geared mix 186/192 comms), I also know how to play sorc lightning (almost full 192 comms gear with no bonus). Plus I also have a marauder full 192 with bonus but that one you don't want/need. I also just leveled a mercenary arsenal (which can become a healer if needed) with mix between 190/192 comms gear.

Even though you have a little more progress than me I am concerned about 2 things, its impossible for me to raid at 21h00 and you, as a guild, seam to be alot similiar with my current guild and with the same problems aswell of getting a steady group aimed for a more consistent progression, which makes me wonder if it would be worth the server transfer. However, since you have more progress and also a shortage of players, it also leads me to believe that your guild might have better players than my current one, that would give me more chances of getting more progression for me than the one I have at the moment.

You have left me with a dilemma here... I will have to think this one very carefully.

By the way, which of my characters would you prefer? This may help me decide.

Thank you.

A healer would be our first choice, whichever you like best. Unfortunately our raid start time is 21 UK time. Starting later is the exception and not the rule.

Also, keep in mind that we are not a hardcore progression guild. Our raiders are very dedicated and we aim to clear all content eventually but we don't require, for instance, that people run only certain classes or roles if they don't enjoy them even though that may slow our progression a little.

We have people who have been or still are in actual hardcore progression guilds and have chosen Thunder for the more "laid back" attitude. Maybe we are "casually hardcore" since we do raid every night after all...I'm not quite sure :)

Edit: we are now 8/10 HM :)

Edited by nyrkverse

• 4 weeks later...