Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 Rule of forums.

Monumenta
05.20.2015 , 11:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
You are free to not report any post you care to not report.
as you are to assume 'not spam' means never post it ever or be banned

branmakmuffin
05.20.2015 , 12:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
as you are to assume 'not spam' means never post it ever or be banned
OK, Mr. Smarty Pants. Make a referral link and start posting.

Monumenta
05.20.2015 , 12:22 PM | #13
OK, Mr. Smarty Pants. Make a referral link and start posting.
hey i'm not telling you what to do, I'm just practicing my reading comprehension skills, it appears some are not

Khryn
05.20.2015 , 12:44 PM | #14
What bothers me is when people spam their referral codes in Fleet. It reminds me of those credit spammers.
Khryn, Rex'sun, Xhiryn, and variations of such.
Jung-Ma Refugee.
I'm a keyboard turnin' cowboy, baby.

OddballEasyEight
05.20.2015 , 01:19 PM | #15
nope, the ops version of the rule is not biowares version as stated above, people like to make up restrictions and rules that dont exist
Biowares rule (and trust me, this has been explained to me in-depth by a moderator back when this was a hot topic, because I posted mine in a thread and got a warning) is that you may not post your referral link in any posts in the forums for any reason.
The only allowable way to display your referral link on the forums is in your signature.

You are not allowed to start a thread promoting your referral link.
You are not allowed to post in a thread with your referral link in the actual post.
You are not allowed to disguise your link as anything else either (fx. a youtube link).
Heck, he even said it is pretty much borderline to post in your message that you have a referral link in your signature (and in those cases they would make an individual call on whether or not it was constituting spamming your referral link)
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Holocron
05.20.2015 , 01:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Biowares rule (and trust me, this has been explained to me in-depth by a moderator back when this was a hot topic, because I posted mine in a thread and got a warning) is that you may not post your referral link in any posts in the forums for any reason.
The only allowable way to display your referral link on the forums is in your signature.

You are not allowed to start a thread promoting your referral link.
You are not allowed to post in a thread with your referral link in the actual post.
You are not allowed to disguise your link as anything else either (fx. a youtube link).
Heck, he even said it is pretty much borderline to post in your message that you have a referral link in your signature (and in those cases they would make an individual call on whether or not it was constituting spamming your referral link)

I seem to recall a dev post back when the issue was was being resolved that it was in fact okay to post your link. Isn't that when we got the pop-up box for links put in?

^ My referral link above is like a one night stand ^
You'll enjoy it...I'll enjoy it...And no one has to sneak out

branmakmuffin
05.20.2015 , 01:35 PM | #17
hey i'm not telling you what to do, I'm just practicing my reading comprehension skills, it appears some are not
Seems you are not. See OdballEasyEight's most recent post.

Vallerine
05.20.2015 , 02:10 PM | #18
Seems you are not. See OdballEasyEight's most recent post.
Actually, it seems that you're not.

WorldSmasher
05.20.2015 , 02:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonThDi View Post
#1 Rule of forums.
... is not to talk about forums?

MiguelGx
05.20.2015 , 02:32 PM | #20
/signed
Those annoying players should get an infraction as well as the ones who spam it like gold sellers for clicking in his referal link in exchange of money that after never give