Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 Rule of forums.

JasonThDi
05.20.2015 , 08:33 AM | #1
I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums. You can only post your referral link if it's in a signature. If you just post it as it is, you will have an infraction placed on your account, and will not be reversed. I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong.

DarthDymond
05.20.2015 , 08:52 AM | #2
Latest official word on the matter so people have an accurate idea, instead of just going off of one guy's hissy fit:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

[W]e are going to be lifting some of our forum restrictions around referral links. You are once again allowed to place your referral links in your signatures. However, keep in mind that if you are found to be "spamming" your link around the forums, you can still be actioned. Any type of link spam is not permitted and this includes your referral.
Easiest way to avoid 'spamming' the forums is to just not post the link anywhere outside of your signature. But "don't spam" is the actual rule in place (as far as they've announced).
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

ImmortalLowlife
05.20.2015 , 08:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonThDi View Post
I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums. You can only post your referral link if it's in a signature. If you just post it as it is, you will have an infraction placed on your account, and will not be reversed. I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong.
Stop snitching....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Monumenta
05.20.2015 , 08:54 AM | #4
who cares as long as the link is what the poster says it is?

Ungodlyomen
05.20.2015 , 08:54 AM | #5
looks solid - personally im in the forums everyday so i post alot these days
http://www.swtor.com/r/DBHWc9 <--- CLICK HERE FOR FREE STUFF
Friends package (bag space,crew slot,unify colors,titles,and 7 free days!)
Don't Miss out on the Free Transfer (AMAZING 18 Dollar Value)
Was Able to go 1 - 50 in under 7 days - 11 hrs and 5 mins. With 12x Story EXP!

Papazmurf
05.20.2015 , 09:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ungodlyomen View Post
looks solid - personally im in the forums everyday so i post alot these days
It's funny because this thread actually got me looking as signatures and I saw yours was surprised it took you that long to get 1-50
Already a subscriber or new to the game? Click my referral code here for 7 FREE days of subscription time, one FREE character server transfer, and a starter bundle to help you in your quests!
My actual referral code is located at the URL below. Click it for rewards!
http://www.swtor.com/r/n59bmb

OddballEasyEight
05.20.2015 , 09:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
who cares as long as the link is what the poster says it is?
Apparantly Bioware cares... and thus you should also care, since you could get banned for posting it.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Callaron
05.20.2015 , 10:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Apparantly Bioware cares... and thus you should also care, since you could get banned for posting it.
That and the forums would be full of people constantly bumping their threads to ensure their referral remains on top. Not to mention posting the links in every imaginable section.
The fleet spam's bad enough already.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Monumenta
05.20.2015 , 11:32 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
nope, the ops version of the rule is not biowares version as stated above, people like to make up restrictions and rules that dont exist

branmakmuffin
05.20.2015 , 11:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
nope, the ops version of the rule is not biowares version as stated above, people like to make up restrictions and rules that dont exist
You are free to not report any post you care to not report.