Heal Merc and his Oh-**** Button

Owynyo

Both other healers in the game have a mechanic that forces the enemy team to switch target (barrier / vanish)

Merc lacks any sort of "oh **** Button". Our Knockback doesn't root, we don't have an aoe bubble stun, we can't roll away, we can't just blind every enemy around us.

Would feel good to finally be on par with sorcs and ops in pvp.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both other healers in the game have a mechanic that forces the enemy team to switch target (barrier / vanish)

Merc lacks any sort of "oh **** Button". Our Knockback doesn't root, we don't have an aoe bubble stun, we can't roll away, we can't just blind every enemy around us.

Would feel good to finally be on par with sorcs and ops in pvp.

No Merc / Mando advance class has an "oh $#%$" ability. It is the main reason for their poor showing in the ranked statistics.

This has been a problem every since areans came out and has never been properly addressed. People have theorized as to why this is and the only possible explanation is that the Merc / mandos are the only one with heavy armor. Heavy armor or no heavy armor, you still dead after a doucle stun. Healers are the only advance class for this group that even have a snowball's chance of surviving the double stun focus attack.

No Merc / Mando advance class has an "oh $#%$" ability. It is the main reason for their poor showing in the ranked statistics.

This has been a problem every since areans came out and has never been properly addressed. People have theorized as to why this is and the only possible explanation is that the Merc / mandos are the only one with heavy armor. Heavy armor or no heavy armor, you still dead after a doucle stun. Healers are the only advance class for this group that even have a snowball's chance of surviving the double stun focus attack.

Armor type is practically irrelevant in this game anymore, and the devs should not be using that as an excuse for poor design anymore. I'd gladly give up "heavy" armor in exchange for a real defensive cooldown.

I agree with most of this, but why are you starting the second new thread of the day about it? and the fourth on the first two pages of the forum? it just makes mercs look whiny and makes you look lazy/ignorant because you can't be bothered to find a recent thread on this exact same issue. seriously. I don't think this is helping, and I thoroughly agree with the content of your post.

if this board were actively modded for anything but personal attacks, it would be merged asap.

Edited by foxmob

idgaf anymore. We've been waiting long enough. If it ends like the WoW Bus Shock so be it.

They should copy the hunter from WoW and watch the years roll from people's faces but for real we need like and antimatter assult plasma ultra heatseeker missle replacement if we can get the super swap target move. Or you know... Like a 5s stealth. Would be nice. Just saying. It would simpliy solve problems. Ok.

Edited by Darth__Reaver

Mercs dont need an anti-focus ability. And giving them one wold just be a dodge for more important problems.
It's the number one issue for Commando/Mercs of any spec in arenas, now that we have decent kiting tools. Other areas of Commando relative under-performance (like nerf of off-healing, the "GCD tax" on the AC's spammable self-heal and associated proc, etc.) can be addressed with tweaks rather than ability overhaul.

It's the number one issue for Commando/Mercs of any spec in arenas, now that we have decent kiting tools. Other areas of Commando relative under-performance (like nerf of off-healing, the "GCD tax" on the AC's spammable self-heal and associated proc, etc.) can be addressed with tweaks rather than ability overhaul.

The mando/merc community doesn't know what they're talking about. All they care about is how the situation affects them. No foresight, no interest in the bigger picture.

Armor type is practically irrelevant in this game anymore, and the devs should not be using that as an excuse for poor design anymore. I'd gladly give up "heavy" armor in exchange for a real defensive cooldown.

I don't disagree with you about armor. But I think that was their whole idea behind decoy. Buy us a few seconds to use the other CCs and utilities that we have at our disposal.

But something seriously isn't working correctly with our damage reduction. Between heavy armor, the utility to take 30% less damage when stun, and our bubble, we should be able to survive a double stun with at least half of our health intact.

But even if we went only down by half health, our two heals plus a med pack would barely cover this much. At most you can expect to heal 25k back and that is assuming you got critical heals and got both heals off before dying or having one interrupted.

The reality is we lose far more than half our health in a focused double stun, and that means we have to pop our "oh, $#$%" heal to bring us back to 40% and pop two more heals plus a medpack. And we are suppose to have time to have used our bubble, decoy, two heals, a medpack, and our "oh, $##@" heal all in the time span that would make a difference when two players or more are beating the crap out of us.

Sure we have a knockback and a stun ... but now we are trying to find the time to use those abilities plus heal up and fight back.

The sad truth is that once focused, a Merc / Mando can only hope to pull one more medal. That is for a 5k self heal. Odds are they aren't going to last long enough to survive the initial slaughter and fight back.

The mando/merc community doesn't know what they're talking about. All they care about is how the situation affects them. No foresight, no interest in the bigger picture.

Don't reply to this guy anymore, he is a complete troll in every thread. Move along.

I don't disagree with you about armor. But I think that was their whole idea behind decoy. Buy us a few seconds to use the other CCs and utilities that we have at our disposal.

But something seriously isn't working correctly with our damage reduction. Between heavy armor, the utility to take 30% less damage when stun, and our bubble, we should be able to survive a double stun with at least half of our health intact.

But even if we went only down by half health, our two heals plus a med pack would barely cover this much. At most you can expect to heal 25k back and that is assuming you got critical heals and got both heals off before dying or having one interrupted.

The reality is we lose far more than half our health in a focused double stun, and that means we have to pop our "oh, $#$%" heal to bring us back to 40% and pop two more heals plus a medpack. And we are suppose to have time to have used our bubble, decoy, two heals, a medpack, and our "oh, $##@" heal all in the time span that would make a difference when two players or more are beating the crap out of us.

Sure we have a knockback and a stun ... but now we are trying to find the time to use those abilities plus heal up and fight back.

The sad truth is that once focused, a Merc / Mando can only hope to pull one more medal. That is for a 5k self heal. Odds are they aren't going to last long enough to survive the initial slaughter and fight back.

That's exactly the issue, we have "DCDs" which are mediocre individually, and are expected to combine them all at once in multiple GCDs to form some weird Megazord/Voltron representation of an actual defensive ability. The knockback is decent if and only if you have some terrain to impede your enemies from immediately leaping/sprinting/rolling back into your immediate area. Many of this could be alleviated with an actual anti-focus ability. Even something as simple as a jet-boost disengage like hunters would be helpful, because honestly, HO only makes you as fast as out of combat sprint. It's not the Godsend that people claim it is.

You didn't give much of facts to stress your opinion.

If you would post more facts and less other stuff, then people would rather tend to listen to you.

The guy made a personal attack on me with no evidence to back it up. But thanks for butting in.

Do you label everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll?

Nope, only those that reply with "DURR MERX ARE FINNEE" in every single Merc thread, and actively try to play down the issues without any facts or knowledge of the issue.

The guy made a personal attack on me with no evidence to back it up. But thanks for butting in.

Anyone who actually looks are your post history will find all the evidence they need. Instructions:

Click on fujeotwo name in forums.

Click Statistics

Click Find All Posts by fujeotwo

Read until satisfied.

You could still fence it off by giving him facts, or at least things you have witnessed by yourself. Rather not anecdoites, but rather tendencies of something seen in LOTS of PvP matches.

Nope, only those that reply with "DURR MERX ARE FINNEE" in every single Merc thread, and actively try to play down the issues without any facts or knowledge of the issue.

Mercs ARE fine. If you stopped crying about losing a 3v1 all the time you might actually realize it.

Anyone who actually looks are your post history will find all the evidence they need. Instructions:

Click on fujeotwo name in forums.

Click Statistics

Click Find All Posts by fujeotwo

Read until satisfied.

I read them all, still not satisfied.

You could still fence it off by giving him facts, or at least things you have witnessed by yourself. Rather not anecdoites, but rather tendencies of something seen in LOTS of PvP matches.

Yeah, using rationality to argue with a moron. That always works.

Yeah, using rationality to argue with a moron. That always works.

I have yet to see you form one cogent argument regarding concerns by members of the merc community.

You post ridiculous statements in threads like, "Mercs are fine" , "Priming shot is dumb" , "Remove all class stuns except operative stun. Remove cooldowns on all CC" , "Mercs don't need buffs", and then cry when people call you a troll. It's almost as if you are trying to get people to call you a troll just so you can argue that you aren't.

I have yet to see you form one cogent argument regarding concerns by members of the merc community.

You post ridiculous statements in threads like, "Mercs are fine" , "Priming shot is dumb" , "Remove all class stuns except operative stun. Remove cooldowns on all CC" , "Mercs don't need buffs", and then cry when people call you a troll. It's almost as if you are trying to get people to call you a troll just so you can argue that you aren't.

Noone's ever asked me to.

Added to this is the fact that our stun and knock back probably won't work.

This is part of the issue. Now that practically all melee have the equivalent of HO, and some even with CC immunity to boot, we have an even harder time disengaging ourselves from enemies. Closing abilities were created so that melee could not be constantly kited by ranged classes. The way it is now, a melee player would have to be playing with half a brain to lose melee range on a merc. Now we have the opposite problem.