Move PvP Achievements to their own section

EllieAnne

I was starting to work to 100% planet and companion achievements and realized that it is impossible. You see some planet with theoretical open-world pvp have killing opposite faction toons as an achievement. Oh and the HK droid (and maybe Treek) have the same thing. A couple problems:

I PLAY ON A PVE SERVER!

Oh and number two, maybe I don't want to PvP on an open-world planet

Oh an number three, even on a PvP server it is hard to find people to battle. and on a PvE it is nearly impossible.

Can't you move all of the PvP achievements for both location and companions to their own section of the achievement log?

I was starting to work to 100% planet and companion achievements and realized that it is impossible. You see some planet with theoretical open-world pvp have killing opposite faction toons as an achievement. Oh and the HK droid (and maybe Treek) have the same thing. A couple problems:

I PLAY ON A PVE SERVER!

Oh and number two, maybe I don't want to PvP on an open-world planet

Oh an number three, even on a PvP server it is hard to find people to battle. and on a PvE it is nearly impossible.

Can't you move all of the PvP achievements for both location and companions to their own section of the achievement log?

They are PLANETARY achievements, not just PVP, and as such, they are fine right where they are.

IMO, they belong in the PLANETARY achievement category.

If you want 100% on the planetary achievements, then go earn it. Those achievements are NOT impossible, but they are not "gimme"s, either. They do require effort and time.

But, like many other posts in these forums, this is just a "Give me the reward I want (100% planet completion), but don't make me do what i need to do to get that reward. Just practically hand it to me by removing any difficulty from it."

You think? Get a toon on Harbinger

Go to Alderaan.

Kill 100 people from the other faction

Report back how long it took

And that is NOT a planetary achievement, it is a pvp achievement.

Your claim was that it was IMPOSSIBLE to do.

It CAN be done, as evidenced by the fact that some people have that very achievement. I'd be willing to bet at least ONE person on the harbinger server has that very achievement.

It is NOT impossible, It DOES require a lot of time, though.

They ARE PLANETARY ACHIEVEMENTS, as they require a certain number of kills on a particular PLANET. Killing opposite faction players on Tattooine does not count toward the Alderaan achievement, after all.

It sounds to me like we have an OCD player who is simply too averse to the time and effort required to earn those planetary achievements to get that 100% completion and so expects BW to essentially hand her the completion by removing the requirements she doesn't want to have to bother doing.

OP, this has been requested many times in the past.

Yes, they are doable on PVE servers; however, they are significantly easier to do on PVP servers, to the point of ridiculousness. For example, "Kill 500 enemy players on Quesh" would take a few days, weeks at most on PVP server; on PVE server, it's quite possible to check Quesh every day and not find enough flagged players for a year's long. The only realistic way how to do this Achievemnt on PVE server is to organize a kill-trading session with players from opposite faction. Fair enough, but in my opinion that can be hardly called a "Planetary Achievement".

But, like many other posts in these forums, this is just a "Give me the reward I want (100% planet completion), but don't make me do what i need to do to get that reward. Just practically hand it to me by removing any difficulty from it."

Similar arguments were made in previous iteration of this thread, and I never understood them. The Achievements won't be removed; PVP players will still have it vastly easier to get them, and the points associated with them (if Leaderboards are your thing). There is no additional reward for 100% planet completition. So, are some people really so outraged that some other people could be happy by seeing that 100% green completion in their Achievement tracker?

Also: this raises a question if "there is a set of Achievements which are x-time easier to do for a speific group of players (players on a PVP server)" is "wise" development approach. Because under the same logic, we can for example say it's OK that there is one particular class which dominates the Warzones ...

Edited by Danylia

OP, this has been requested many times in the past.

Yes, they are doable on PVE servers; however, they are significantly easier to do on PVP servers, to the point of ridiculousness. For example, "Kill 500 enemy players on Quesh" would take a few days, weeks at most on PVP server; on PVE server, it's quite possible to check Quesh every day and not find enough flagged players for a year's long. The only realistic way how to do this Achievemnt on PVE server is to organize a kill-trading session with players from opposite faction. Fair enough, but in my opinion that can be hardly called a "Planetary Achievement".

The achievement is to "kill X number of enemy players", not "kill X number of enemy players without kill-trading". Do I advocate kill-trading? No, but I do recognize it as an option on a PVE server.

That said, unless I am mistaken, those achievements are account wide. Nothing says those achievements HAVE to completed by your "main" or even on a PVE server.

With 12XP, it is now ridiculously easy to create and level a character on a PVP server. Use that character to get the PVP potions of the planetary achievements.

Does this still require PVP? Yes.

Does this still require time and effort? Yes, but as you noted, not nearly as much as a PVE server would.

Similar arguments were made in previous iteration of this thread, and I never understood them. The Achievements won't be removed; PVP players will still have it vastly easier to get them, and the points associated with them (if Leaderboards are your thing). There is no additional reward for 100% planet completition. So, are some people really so outraged that some other people could be happy by seeing that 100% green completion in their Achievement tracker?

Someone else seeing 100% is not a "problem".

What becomes a "problem" is when someone starts demanding that BW remove those requirements they do not want to have to bother doing simply so they can see that "100% completion".

The achievement is to "kill X number of enemy players", not "kill X number of enemy players without kill-trading". Do I advocate kill-trading? No, but I do recognize it as an option on a PVE server.

Indeed. My point was to counterargument your "these are Planetary achievements". They surely are on PVP server, but when you organize a kill-trading session, the planet on which you do it basically plays no role; in other words, the session is exactly the same whether on Hoth or on Tatooine.

That said, unless I am mistaken, those achievements are account wide. Nothing says those achievements HAVE to completed by your "main" or even on a PVE server.

Achievements are Legacy wide. If my character on PVP server kills 100 other characters, my progress on PVE server will still be 0/100.

That said, I think Achievements merge if you transfer a character between servers - however, in such case you actually "pay RL money" for the Achievements, since server transfer isn't (generally) free.

What becomes a "problem" is when someone starts demanding that BW remove those requirements they do not want to have to bother doing simply so they can see that "100% completion".

Again, the request is not to remove them, but to move them to another/separate category. Purely cosmetic change, which gives no actual advantage.

You could argument if such purely cosmetic change is then worth the effort. In such case, I would point you to this thread (and multiple patch notes). Apparently, Bioware believes it is worth the effort to cater to their "completionists" subset of players, as Codex and its completion is pretty much nothing but cosmetic feature as well.

Indeed. My point was to counterargument your "these are Planetary achievements". They surely are on PVP server, but when you organize a kill-trading session, the planet on which you do it basically plays no role; in other words, the session is exactly the same whether on Hoth or on Tatooine.

But kills on Hoth do not count toward Tattoine. Therefore they are PLANETARY achievements and NOT simply PVP achievements.

Achievements are Legacy wide. If my character on PVP server kills 100 other characters, my progress on PVE server will still be 0/100.

That said, I think Achievements merge if you transfer a character between servers - however, in such case you actually "pay RL money" for the Achievements, since server transfer isn't (generally) free.

If that is the case, I stand corrected. However, you can still create a character on a PVP server and then transfer it to your PVE server. There are enough options out there that most people could arrange this transfer without having to pay a cent. Subscribers can save their monthly stipend for a while and use those CC's to transfer. F2P and preferred can simply click someone's referral link and get a transfer that way.

Again, the request is not to remove them, but to move them to another/separate category. Purely cosmetic change, which gives no actual advantage.

You could argument if such purely cosmetic change is then worth the effort. In such case, I would point you to this thread (and multiple patch notes). Apparently, Bioware believes it is worth the effort to cater to their "completionists" subset of players, as Codex and its completion is pretty much nothing but cosmetic feature as well.

That is the point.

Player A wants 100% completion on achievement Z, but is simply too averse to the effort required to fulfill all the requirements for achievement Z. Player A then demands that BW remove some of the requirements to obtain achievement Z. Player A phrases it as "simply moving those requirements to a different category", but really player A simply wants 100% completion for achievement Z without having to do those parts SHE/he doesn't want to be bothered doing.

The hk and Treek ones say while they are the active companions. The kills in wz's count toward this. It doesn't have to be done in open world. They just have to be the active companion.

Bringing logic and truth into these forums?

Be careful or someone might think you were trolling.

• 3 months later...

Player A wants 100% completion on achievement Z, but is simply too averse to the effort required to fulfill all the requirements for achievement Z. Player A then demands that BW remove some of the requirements to obtain achievement Z. Player A phrases it as "simply moving those requirements to a different category", but really player A simply wants 100% completion for achievement Z without having to do those parts SHE/he doesn't want to be bothered doing.

It's not a question of effort idiot. It's a question of people not flagging themselves for PvP on a PvE server. If no one ever flags themselves then HTF can I get the achievment?

Pleas be nice,

it is possibile, how it ist doabale was state in.

To put it Simpel search vor somone who will do this Achivment and make Kill Trading with him,

or make an new acc lvl a char to 55 an then use this char to kill him again and again.

I have do do this on an RP Server and it is mangebale.

You can also earn these achievements by queueing for PVP. Queue for pvp with HK or Treek as your active companion, various PVP WZ's 'count' as being on specific planets. You don't have to open world fight then.

What WZ count as being on a planet because I've never had a WZ count towards the planetary achievement.

Simply put, planetary achievements should not be based on what OTHER players do like flagging themselves or not. That should be a PvP achievement.

What WZ count as being on a planet because I've never had a WZ count towards the planetary achievement.

Simply put, planetary achievements should not be based on what OTHER players do like flagging themselves or not. That should be a PvP achievement.

So, in other words, you know that it IS possible to get these achievements, you just don't want to bother putting forth the effort to get them, so you think BW should remove those achievements from the planetary meta.

"I don't want to do that, BW, so just give me what I want."

"I don't want to do X to get Z, BW, so let me get Z without making me do X."

So, in other words, you know that it IS possible to get these achievements, you just don't want to bother putting forth the effort to get them, so you think BW should remove those achievements from the planetary meta.

"I don't want to do that, BW, so just give me what I want."

"I don't want to do X to get Z, BW, so let me get Z without making me do X."

Its a lost cause anyway Ratajack, the devs are catering to those people now, in pretty much everything. The game's become a solo player RPG with some multiplayer add on. Its been reduced to a single storyline, its going to be more and more oriented for the person who wants a console and cheat codes I their game and not an MMO.

Its basically being turned into a slightly more complicated Farmville or various other phone based, micro(macro)transactions money grabs where you're rewarded for turning it on because you're such a special snowflake!

OP, putting ratajack on ignore is alot easier than arguing with him. He always has some sort of unintelligent poorly thought out come back to everything you say, no matter what you say. All he does is prowl the Suggestion Box forum, telling everyone who wants to suggest anything, that they are wrong/lazy/entitled/stupid. Seriously, look at his post history, it is 90% of what he does. Edited by theSCARAYone

I would love to see him answer this question. Short of the lazy way out i.e. kill-trading, is it possible to get the achievement on a PvE server if people do not flag themselves? Simple yes or no?

And to counter his "other people did it so it's possible." Maybe not. How many of those kills were using the exploit of flagging yourself and standing in someone's DoE?