Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space: Hidden Objectives

Ghobe
12.24.2011 , 06:46 PM | #1
So in my travels, I've discovered that there are hidden mission objectives that lead to quite a great deal of bonus exp(i've seen up to 6x the normal mission's exp). Unfortunately I've only found one so far(mostly because I'm guessing that I'm too weak to find anymore).

Anyways, for those that are interested in the one I've found, it's on the Cartel Listening Station mission(Imperial Side). The hidden mission objective is called "Cripple Republic Communications" and is attained if you destroy ALL turrets, hangars, antennae, and the extra antennae on top, as well as the enormous one on the bottom with the enormous amount of health. All of it is fairly easy except for the last one. For me to do it, I've got grade 3 blasters, grade 3 attack speed, and power converter with power re-routed into blasters for the entire mission, rest is all grade 1 or empty if can not be equipped. Destroying the bottom antennae takes full firing of blasters at it anytime you can(you can shoot through the station itself to hit it, keep that in mind) and 30+ missiles. Quickest kill I've gotten was with roughly 2 minutes remaining(this also resorted in the game crashing lol), the only other time I've done it is on the very last pass. Upon completion it does pop up: "Bonus Mission Objective Completed: Cripple Republic Communications". Remaining missiles that went unused on the bottom antennae were used to take out antennae and shield generators, used blasters on everything else. Rewarded with 2 sets of exp for this: ~600 and ~2900 for a total of ~3500 bonus exp(mission for me was worth around 500-600 exp).

I've tried my darndest to pull off kills on other seemingly undestroyable objects, with little/no success. I've had success in destroying everything on a capital ship by using missiles on the 2 yellow targets that are not the satellite or engines and blastering down the rest, however, it did not explode, nor did it result in additional bonus exp(whopping 20 exp each ), and it still flew around and firing(I'm guessing actually destroying it would be to get it to that point and then just hitting the hull head on?). I've also had no success in the full destruction of destroyers. I forget the name of the mission but it's the one where you have to go in and take out 4 shield generators and 12 turrets(you're supposed to cripple it). I've managed to take out all generators and turrets, but can never manage to score the kill on the bridge(the building on topside near the center) even with using every missile I could while it was on screen. So I'm guessing it takes something more, what that is, I don't know, but I'm fairly positive it does result in a bonus mission objective.

Has anyone else out there discovered any hidden mission objectives?
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

xPrTx
12.24.2011 , 06:59 PM | #2
Pretty much any target you see that can be killed that isn't on your quest list.

Ghobe
12.24.2011 , 07:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xPrTx View Post
Pretty much any target you see that can be killed that isn't on your quest list.
However, is it worth a large amount of bonus exp? 3500 is a pretty considerable amount for something unmarked, not to mention the game actually calls it out.
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

hildward
12.26.2011 , 08:04 AM | #4
In the serapin assault mission you can shoot the commanding center at the middle of the ship for 3K xp I'm also interested in other ones. (the one you mentioned is only shooting the big thing beneath the space ship, you don't need to shoot all the rest for it )

hildward
12.26.2011 , 08:19 AM | #5
I've also tried shooting the big ships with turrets on them, but you don't get any xp for fully shooting them down Another thing is the defense satellites but i can't remember if that was a hidden quest or not...

reillan
12.26.2011 , 08:35 AM | #6
I believe the hangers and turrets aren't a required part of it... I believe you just need to take out all the shields along the top and the 4 antennas. Not totally sure how it works, but I have destroyed that comm array 3 times.

Other hidden ones:

Destroy 4 shield generators (on the corvette-like ships)
Destroy 12 turrets (on the big round ship in that asteroid-heavy mission)
Destroy 4 ... (what's the big hard-to-kill fighter that pops out every once in a while, takes like a dozen missiles?)
Destroy 4 engines (in the minefield mission, the ship that has 3 engines on the back)

There's also a mission where you have a "kill XX fighters" quest, but it has a bonus quest for killing 100 fighters. You can only unlock it, I *believe*, if you take out the first fighter that appears while it's still at maximum range, as I've only unlocked it once and that happened right at the very beginning of the mission.
Band of Hope & A Light in the Dark - Christian-based Shien guilds.

MrSteak
12.26.2011 , 09:15 AM | #7
If space combat wasn't bull**** and didn't force you to fly into asteroids, I'd totally do it ever again. But as it stands, **** that noise.

reillan
12.26.2011 , 09:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSteak View Post
If space combat wasn't bull**** and didn't force you to fly into asteroids, I'd totally do it ever again. But as it stands, **** that noise.
You aren't forced into astroids.. you can fly around them.

hildward
12.26.2011 , 10:30 AM | #9
I think it would be really cool if they would grant bonusses if you complete the objectives in a faster time. Or make something like bonus quest kill 50 fighters, but when you complete that early on it updates to other objectives (like in flashpoints for example)

reillan
12.26.2011 , 10:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hildward View Post
I think it would be really cool if they would grant bonusses if you complete the objectives in a faster time. Or make something like bonus quest kill 50 fighters, but when you complete that early on it updates to other objectives (like in flashpoints for example)
That may be already present... the more geared up you are and the better you are at flying through the missions, the more bonuses you can pull off... there may be bonuses that are gated by other bonuses, and we just haven't found them yet

I've got 5 purple pieces now (2 for shields, 1 fire rate, 1 damage, and 1 extra missiles.. none for toughness yet). I do 95 damage per shot, fire 10 shots per second, and hold 150 missiles. I can rip through just about everything in sight, but there's still a ton I miss (like - I have yet to kill *every* fighter in a mission).