Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lord Vivicar

agentbam
12.24.2011 , 06:33 PM | #1
How did you guys beat him? What Campanion did you have with you at the time? I'm lvl 35 and he's lvl 34 Elite.

monkgryphon
12.24.2011 , 06:41 PM | #2
I was level 29 I believe... or 30 maybe.

I always interrupted his force crush attack. Either use stun, force wave, or mind snap. Cycle through them, and you should be able to prevent him from actually doing a considerable amount of damage in a single move.

I used Qyzen, mainly to keep the damage on him while I used my attacks and healed Qyzen regularly.

My character is Seer spec. So I didn't have a huge arsenal of attacks, but rather heals.

Newcs
12.24.2011 , 07:01 PM | #3
my companion died early in the fight, w/ vivicar at about 75% health....what i ended up doing was kiting him. I would slow him, force speed away...hit him with some spells....he has a nasty spell, forget what it was, but i would interupt that w/ mind snap i think. That neutralized that. I used force wave (the knockback) and push him away. I would make sure i was also in good health as well.

Took about 3-5 minutes, but i eventually beat him. This was my second go on him. Also am fully healer spec'd.

psychosiszz
12.24.2011 , 07:05 PM | #4
did it at 32 interrupt his force crush win
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. Voltaire

Emperor in action: The Emperor

Ashania
12.24.2011 , 08:03 PM | #5
I sent Qyzen in and he got force crushed and insta-died. I knew for the rest of the fight I had to keep that interrupted...

He didn't seem to spam Force Crush to a point where my interrupt was still on cooldown, so with kiting and interrupts, he was easily solo'd whilst Qyzen lay face-first and lost all his points.
50 Sawbones Scoundrel | 50 Medicine Operative
50 Seer Sage | 50 Deception Assassin
50 Bodyguard Mercenary

Thoffs
12.24.2011 , 08:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psychosiszz View Post
did it at 32 interrupt his force crush win
This is what I did as well.

Lasica
12.24.2011 , 08:51 PM | #7
Yes as long as you interrupt force crush it's a very easy fight.

The optional boss in the previous room is significantly harder than Vivicar.

Nerithiel
12.24.2011 , 11:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by agentbam View Post
How did you guys beat him? What Campanion did you have with you at the time? I'm lvl 35 and he's lvl 34 Elite.
i did it at lvl30 have already posted a vid how i did it actually couple of days ago he is insanely easy.
use theran and start kiting him around the room it works like charm :P

Rainu
12.25.2011 , 03:42 AM | #9
I did it at 30, first with Mr. Lizardface which failed since he died instantly when Vivicar resisted my interrupts and then with mr. Dandy scientist which succeeded and I never got beneath 75% health. The key seems to be to interrupt force crush and kite him. Theran's stun ability really helped as well since it gave me more time to use skills with a cast time.
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

sollinton
12.25.2011 , 10:00 AM | #10
Honestly if you are Seer (healing) specced then pretty much every level-appropriate enemy/boss in the game is quite simply a joke. Seer may have a little bit less damage than Balance, but that's what companions are for, and the survivability trade-off is incredible. As I said, I have never died to a single boss and I hardly ever need to stop for even a few seconds to Meditate health or force.

P.S.
I was 29 when I roflstomped Vivicar, and my companions were all out doing Crew Skills. I interrupted Vivicar but had no reason to kite him. I just kept DoTs up on him and healed/shielded myself as necessary while pushing out TT/Disturbance.