FTP possible?

Cjrob

Hi guys, so I haven't played since it first went ftp, and never got to far. I thought I might give it another shot. So far I've been having fun, and I'll probably keep playing for awhile, but my question is, is it possible to stay ftp and still have fun? A look t of what I read says it gets really bad as you get farther in, is that true? Is it going to get painful?

Thanks!!

I played f2p for 2 months before I subbed and I had fun despite the restrictions, but yeah, at later levels you will want purple gear and to join in some ops. you only get to do two a week iirc. I never found a need for purple gear or more than 200k credits while I was f2p, but I only got to mid 40s on one character before I subbed.

Personally, I find the F2P restrictions obnoxious. I do have several friends who have fun despite the restrictions though. It really comes down to personal opinion. I find the game is worth paying $15/mo for.

Short answer: Yes, you can easily play through your class story, Makeb, Oricon, as a FTP (at least as a “Preferred”). But end-game and PvP are another story.

Since you are posting here, it means you are a sub, so you transition to Preferred. Unless you are asking for someone else (or ?). I think a pure FTP would be doable but much less enjoyable. Far better to join for one month via the box copy (~$8) which automatically transitions to Pref on expiration.

I’ve done 2 classes, from start to end of class story, and the better part of a 3rd before I re-subbed (via Story Pack deal). Did Makeb with one, Ilum/Oricon with the other. Easy to be over-leveled through the first chapters. I reached L50 on Voss with one, Corellia on the other with efficient use of the complementary XP boosts, with plenty to spare. L55 at Makeb’s end.

Before I dropped my Sub (only had it for 2 months), I bought a bunch of unlocks to ease the transition. The main ones are the Artifact Gear Unlock, 3rd Crew Skill, Hide Head, Unify Colors. And you have to be willing to live with the 350K credit limit. And 3 space missions per week.

However, it is quite limiting in terms of end-game and PvP. I’m no expert as these don’t appeal to me. Note you don’t get the container quest rewards (Artifact Unlock doesn’t cover these), so you would lose a lot of good end-game gear. Don’t know about things like the Devoted Allies purple gear since I was subbed again by then.

I enjoy the challenge of making do with less. But now that I’m subbed, I think I’ll stay for a while. It is just so much easier. And the upcoming 12XP is the deal closer.

Edited by DocDAM

fully possible if you dont mind having 3 crew member missions active at a time or reduced crafted queue's

subbed since launch and atm i have everything unlocked accountwide if i ever want to drop down to prefered status

lockouts are well, managable to say the least,