Merc Teleport... LoL

Icykill_

True Story

In arena today this Merc tried to use some sort of "teleport" to escape my Shadow... Only thing is he teleported to near my phase walk... So it didn't help him... LoL

Name has four letters and stared with a Y and had an X in it...

Have to say it's the funniest thing I've seen someone try to do for awhile

True Story

In arena today this Merc tried to use some sort of "teleport" to escape my Shadow... Only thing is he teleported to near my phase walk... So it didn't help him... LoL

Name has four letters and stared with a Y and had an X in it...

Have to say it's the funniest thing I've seen someone try to do for awhile

Aren't you that guy complaining about hackers all the time?

Nothing new to see, move along.

Hey I didn't mention hacking or cheating... Just reported what myself and my whole team saw... If you think it's a hack, then so be it... Was definitely funny

Take care buddy, his WHOLE team saw him teleporting! Like, you cant dispute how real this makes his point. Edited by Nightkin

Guys you do realize this is the same guy that admits he plays at 200ms of latency from Australia right?

While I will agree with your underlying point that the constant calls of 'hacks' by Icykill are a little much, as someone else who plays form Australia with 230ms constant, this has never happened to me.

I have never seen an apparent 'teleport' that could be attributed to ping lag. Its simply not that noticeable after you become accustom to it. Far from ideal, yes, but its not as drastic as you seem to imply.

While I will agree with your underlying point that the constant calls of 'hacks' by Icykill are a little much, as someone else who plays form Australia with 230ms constant, this has never happened to me.

I have never seen an apparent 'teleport' that could be attributed to ping lag. Its simply not that noticeable after you become accustom to it. Far from ideal, yes, but its not as drastic as you seem to imply.

I think its more of an engine thing and possibly a computer issue on his end toppled with the high latency. I see people disappear/warp all the time then pop back up next to me or further away. Heck the other night I got rubberbanded back into a ravage lol. This games engine is just crappy and the way it handles network packets is wonky. I remember the patch where they adjusted it to. It was pretty decent and I never really too many latency issues and then that patch came out (I cant remember if it was 1.2 or before when they made adjustments to how the game handled latency, its been a long time) but when they made that change things got really bad. Warping and rubberbanding started to become way more common.

I'm Aussie haha

I miss my 17ms ping I had when we had our own APAC servers... So many of my guild and friends stopped playing because of the lag... 170-220ms is playable... But you only get those speeds from Aust East coast... Anyone from WA or SA get pings of 300-450ms...

With 170-220ms ping, you just have to learn to anticipate more and really know the other class abilities well so you can time things... You also need to take into account lag, which will cause strange things to happen occasionally, usually if you spike over 300ms... I run a live trace route and packet loss program on my iPad while playing... This way I can see if it is my connection causing the "strange things" to happen... Some of the time it is, but sometimes like the OP it isn't... Plus I've never seen a Merc teleport the same distance as a Sin can and through an obstacle... Lag would not cause that...

And try playing Ranked at 170-220ms :( ... It took me months of retraining my reflexes and learning to anticipate people better before I even tried ranked... I can usually hold my own against mid lvl ranked players... But the top tier people obviously have better ping and reaction speed than mid tier people... Which makes playing them extremely hard... It's defiantly a challenge and I am getting better all the time... I would love to go back to my 17ms after learning how to play at 170-220ms... It would be so much easier with my built in 170ms anticipation

Gladias is the only person I know who is in the top teir and plays with high ping... Imagine how much of a GOD he would be at 17ms

Edited by Icykill_

I have yet to see a single verified case of "hacking" or "exploiting" in PvP in this game. Though I have seen an outrageous number of madcuzbad calling hacks when they get rolled hard and dont understand focus fire.

I miss my 17ms ping I had when we had our own APAC servers... So many of my guild and friends stopped playing because of the lag... 170-220ms is playable... But you only get those speeds from Aust East coast... Anyone from WA or SA get pings of 300-450ms...

With 170-220ms ping, you just have to learn to anticipate more and really know the other class abilities well so you can time things... You also need to take into account lag, which will cause strange things to happen occasionally, usually if you spike over 300ms... I run a live trace route and packet loss program on my iPad while playing... This way I can see if it is my connection causing the "strange things" to happen... Some of the time it is, but sometimes like the OP it isn't... Plus I've never seen a Merc teleport the same distance as a Sin can and through an obstacle... Lag would not cause that...

And try playing Ranked at 170-220ms :( ... It took me months of retraining my reflexes and learning to anticipate people better before I even tried ranked... I can usually hold my own against mid lvl ranked players... But the top tier people obviously have better ping and reaction speed than mid tier people... Which makes playing them extremely hard... It's defiantly a challenge and I am getting better all the time... I would love to go back to my 17ms after learning how to play at 170-220ms... It would be so much easier with my built in 170ms anticipation

Gladias is the only person I know who is in the top teir and plays with high ping... Imagine how much of a GOD he would be at 17ms

You know you can lower your ping by quite a bit with tunnel services right? When I lived in Japan I'd get 400-500 ping on some games. I set up a tunnel service and it dropped my to 80-100 ping average.

You know you can lower your ping by quite a bit with tunnel services right? When I lived in Japan I'd get 400-500 ping on some games. I set up a tunnel service and it dropped my to 80-100 ping average.

We don't have those options here unfortunately, unless you are a big corporation or government department that can afford the massive cost the telcos who own the infrastructure in Australia charge... And most of it is still owned by Telstra who has a virtual monopoly on the equipment at the moment... They are also the most expensive telco for all their services in Australia

You also have many more submarine cables going from Japan to the U.S.... Australia's internet is ranked lower than Romainia... The government is currently upgrading it... But our submarine cables still need an upgrade too and will probably be the last thing they do... Probably around 2019-2025

Theoretical speed to cross the pacific atm is about 162ms... Anything close to this is considered good

I actually have a fibre connection that stays at 17-21ms till it hits the pacific cable... Then it jumps to 170ms plus :(

We don't have those options here unfortunately, unless you are a big corporation or government department that can afford the massive cost the telcos who own the infrastructure in Australia charge... And most of it is still owned by Telstra who has a virtual monopoly on the equipment at the moment... They are also the most expensive telco for all their services in Australia

You also have many more submarine cables going from Japan to the U.S.... Australia's internet is ranked lower than Romainia... The government is currently upgrading it... But our submarine cables still need an upgrade too and will probably be the last thing they do... Probably around 2019-2025

Theoretical speed to cross the pacific atm is about 162ms... Anything close to this is considered good

I actually have a fibre connection that stays at 17-21ms till it hits the pacific cable... Then it jumps to 170ms plus :(

Tunneling has nothing to do with your isp providers. All you're doing is re routing your packets through the shortest hop. Basically when your connection leaves your house and hits the gateway it hops from point to point usually through your ISP's owned hops but it will connect through other ISP's as well.

Certain hops take longer routes than they should thus increasing your ping. This is basically what happened with verizon and netflix. Verizon wanted netflix to pay for "faster lanes" and since netflix refused verizon throttled them by making the packets take slower connections/longer hops. By creating a vpn and tunneling (rerouting) your network you force your connection to take shorter hops.

Technically you could create your own vpn but I wouldn't recommend doing it. Not that its difficult but its not easy either if you don't know much about networking. There are however fairly cheap VPN services specifically designed for gaming. There's a lot of them out there but personally I like pingzapper. There's also pingbetter and smoothping but pingzapper is the cheapest. Usually they are like $8-$10 a month. Pingzapper if I remember is like $3 or something. Seriously though. Look them up. They all let you connect to their services for free for 30 minutes to an hour. No harm in trying them and see if they help. Even if you only go from 170 down to 100 that's still pretty significant.

Tunneling has nothing to do with your isp providers. All you're doing is re routing your packets through the shortest hop. Basically when your connection leaves your house and hits the gateway it hops from point to point usually through your ISP's owned hops but it will connect through other ISP's as well.

Certain hops take longer routes than they should thus increasing your ping. This is basically what happened with verizon and netflix. Verizon wanted netflix to pay for "faster lanes" and since netflix refused verizon throttled them by making the packets take slower connections/longer hops. By creating a vpn and tunneling (rerouting) your network you force your connection to take shorter hops.

Technically you could create your own vpn but I wouldn't recommend doing it. Not that its difficult but its not easy either if you don't know much about networking. There are however fairly cheap VPN services specifically designed for gaming. There's a lot of them out there but personally I like pingzapper. There's also pingbetter and smoothping but pingzapper is the cheapest. Usually they are like $8-$10 a month. Pingzapper if I remember is like $3 or something. Seriously though. Look them up. They all let you connect to their services for free for 30 minutes to an hour. No harm in trying them and see if they help. Even if you only go from 170 down to 100 that's still pretty significant.

Yeah, I have tried VPNs before (I think it was called Battleping or something on the off chance it solved the Australia -> US issue. Didnt seem to have much of an effect for me from Western Australia.

I just trialed that Pingzapper too, and there was very minimal effect. Still around 230ms. It does seem a little more stable just on first glance, so it may well be worth a few $$ to avoid spikes.

I just wish there was an actual way to achieve competitive latency for us gamers in Australia.

Have experimented with those, found WTFast to be the best, ping on west coast used to be 250, now it's 170-180 ish on average, with the occasional spikes

But yeah, Aussie internet absolutely blows, and these sort of programs are the best latency fix available to us

Wow, kind of amazing the length at which these Illuminati-esque hackers will go to ruin our game experience. Don't listen to the trolls, brother. Keep up the good fight. Remember--Bush did 911, America faked the moon landing, most assassins are hackers, Elvis still plays at a dive bar in Tatooine.