Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR on mac

bobonij
12.24.2011 , 05:47 PM | #1
Dear BioWare,

I'm wondering if in the future there will be a Star Wars: the old republic for mac?
Running it on a bootcamped windows version, and going quite smoothly, but switching over all the time is kinda annoying and i really prefer using OSX instead of windows if im playing on a mac ;p

Regards,

Bob

P.S.
Merry Christmass

Fende
12.24.2011 , 05:50 PM | #2
probably not anytime soon. I remember a Q&A before it was released that asked the same question. They said they had no plans for a mac client, but they would make sure it would run in bootcamp.

bobonij
12.24.2011 , 05:55 PM | #3
it already runs on bootcamp, its actually just standard windows
but thanks for the info, haven't read on that Q&A

ABoxForBlackPaul
12.24.2011 , 05:58 PM | #4
If it gets big enough, if it captures even a third of the regular subscriptions of Warcraft, I'm sure it will make the leap. I'd be interested too (I'm playing it via Bootcamp right now), though I will say that most multi-format games are better optimised in their Windows versions.

DarthKazdanton
12.28.2011 , 12:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by bobonij View Post
Dear BioWare,

I'm wondering if in the future there will be a Star Wars: the old republic for mac?
Running it on a bootcamped windows version, and going quite smoothly, but switching over all the time is kinda annoying and i really prefer using OSX instead of windows if im playing on a mac ;p

Regards,

Bob

P.S.
Merry Christmass
Bob:

I'm trying to run SWTOR on my Mac vis Bootcamp but I'm getting an Error Code 7. Can you, or anyone else running successfully on a Mac, offer any advice for getting the game to run? Is there a specific driver I need to update from the 11 drivers that Mac provides to support Windows on the Windows partition?

Thanks so much.
<<<[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[==((||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||>
<<<[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[==((||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||>
THE FORCE SHALL FREE ME! BROTHERHOOD OF THE SITH Rank: Adept

Noxaddo
12.29.2011 , 02:38 PM | #6
IMHO they should do it as im running it in bootcrap but im realy tired of rebooting every time i want to play it. Even if it would be a wine wraper.

Kazmtyh
12.29.2011 , 02:43 PM | #7
Dear Bob,

While Macs' are wonderful computers and very good at what they do, they are not however very good as gaming systems. 90%+ of all new games are designed and written for PC's. So while I understand the attractiveness of a Mac, if you want to game, pick up a PC and keep it on the side.

Regards,

E

P.S.
Happy New Year
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

jwkub
12.29.2011 , 02:44 PM | #8
Has anyone successfully got the game client to run in a VM like Parallels, VM Ware Fusion?
Bootcamp rebooting is a PITA!

Khallifa
12.30.2011 , 11:08 AM | #9
I bought swtor and subscribed on my mac not realizing until it was too late they didn't have a game client for macs. What is this bootcamp on mac everyone keeps mentioning that allows them to play swtor on a mac? Do i have to buy it or just download it?

daemian
12.30.2011 , 11:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazmtyh View Post
Dear Bob,

While Macs' are wonderful computers and very good at what they do, they are not however very good as gaming systems. 90%+ of all new games are designed and written for PC's. So while I understand the attractiveness of a Mac, if you want to game, pick up a PC and keep it on the side.
But truthfully, how good a computer is as a gaming system has nothing to do with the brand, it's simply a matter of looking at the specs. If it meets the minimum specs, it'll run TOR.