Depredating Volts can now be channeled while moving

Aetideus

In an 8s rotation DV does >20k fully crit.

Ye, in dps gear with recklessness against a pve scrub with no dcds up. Only happens once every 1.5 minutes. And movement while channeling still doesn't mean damage increase. Plus you can still knock him back or LoS or CC him. Unless he wasted force shroud to use DV, in which case it's time to tunnel the ****er.

Edited by Kawabonga

In an 8s rotation DV does >20k fully crit.

Yeah, while you are wearing BiS gear with all OCDs blown against a Target Dummy that doesn't move, nor does it fight back, have resistence and have any DCDs to provide true numbers. GG

Sure, people can be dumb, but they are not that dumb.

Edited by RangKer

Yeah, while you are wearing BiS gear with all OCDs blown against a Target Dummy that doesn't move, nor does it fight back, have resistence and have any DCDs to provide true numbers. GG

Sure, people can be dumb, but they are not that dumb.

Have done it when 3.0 came out. Check my posts. it is every 1m 10s with Recklesness. Now Wither > DV on the move.

Which specs have Resistance?? Only ST, assin and op ev/roll. All the rest would take 12 - 20k every 8s.

With stun immunity for sure.

Edited by Aetideus

Have done it when 3.0 came out. Check my posts. it is every 1m 10s with Recklesness. Now Wither > DV on the move.

Which specs have Resistance?? Only ST, assin and op ev/roll. All the rest would take 12 - 20k every 8s.

With stun immunity for sure.

You're still not covering exactly how movement will make this particularly overpowered. How many times has running behind a pillar to break a channel saved your life? How many times did an Assassin die at your AoE because he didn't move out of it because he was channeling DV? Does it happen on a regular basis?

My assin died a lot when casting DV without Recklessness due to standing. The same as casting Turbulence or Leach for sorcs without util.

rofl. One ability where a sin has to stand still, and, they "die a lot" when doing so? Welcome to the entire world of all the other classes. :p

rofl. One ability where a sin has to stand still, and, they "die a lot" when doing so? Welcome to the entire world of all the other classes. :p

So much this....

If sins ever get their balance brought in line-the entire population will melt down crying about "imbalance".

There is literally nothing Sins don't have an excuse for as to why they "need" this or "need" that to simply exist in the game. It's comical. :rolleyes:

So much this....

If sins ever get their balance brought in line-the entire population will melt down crying about "imbalance".

There is literally nothing Sins don't have an excuse for as to why they "need" this or "need" that to simply exist in the game. It's comical. :rolleyes:

I love how people think spec=whole class.. they act as if darkness and deception have been the problem over the last 5 months and needs of nerfing NAOOOO!

Two things. First off, you're aware this is a PVE change right? This helps PVE tanks not pvp ones. I sin tank all the time, if you're dying DV then you shouldnt be casting DV when you're low hp...

It is understandable that is PvE initiated. The implications in PvP are stated here.

Some people have tried Assin Darkness with Dps gear, most have not.

DV is to powerful to be allowed to be cast on the move. If it was toned down or Harness stacks toned down would be ok.

Having 10k - 23k f dmg on the move (with all assin dcds when guarding a node) is just ill conceived.

Edited by Aetideus

It is understandable that is PvE initiated. The implications in PvP are stated here.

Some people have tried Assin Darkness with Dps gear, most have not.

DV is to powerful to be allowed to be cast on the move. If it was toned down or Harness stacks toned down would be ok.

Having 10k - 23k f dmg on the move (with all assin dcds when guarding a node) is just ill conceived.

I'm assuming you're upset about the strength of this in regs, because in ranked, a dps geared tankassin will be melted. If you're referring to regs, have you even seen a powertech tank in full dps gear? You wana talk about a sin tank *mobility* change, powertech tanks in dps gear have unbelievable damage.

I'm assuming you're upset about the strength of this in regs, because in ranked, a dps geared tankassin will be melted. If you're referring to regs, have you even seen a powertech tank in full dps gear? You wana talk about a sin tank *mobility* change, powertech tanks in dps gear have unbelievable damage.

Playing ST in (a lot) dps gear in yolo.

Never tried tankassin with dps in yolo, has less survivability than Hatred in regs.

Still, 8k min DV on the move every 8s with 3 Harness is nice with tank gear.

Edited by Aetideus

Playing ST in (a lot) dps gear in yolo.

Never tried tankassin with dps in yolo has less survivability than Hatred.

Still, 8k min DV on the move with 3 Harness is nice with tank gear.

I guess I just don't understand the problem with it being able to be casted on the move now. The move has about a 5 meter tether, and a slow attached to it, so it's not like it was it was easy to escape before, you couldn't just run out of range unless you were already at the abilities max range of 10 meters when it was initially casted. You could line of sight it, but even then if the tank is good, he won't cast it on a player who is around a line of sight object in the first place.

Also, in ranked, 9 times out of 10, you won't even have the ability to get off a full channel, not because of moving, but because guard swap and CC takes priority over damage.

So I don't see what the big deal is with this being mobile. If it's the damage you're concerned with, well, then ask for a damage nerf, not a mobiilty revert.

I guess I just don't understand the problem with it being able to be casted on the move now. The move has about a 5 meter tether, and a slow attached to it, so it's not like it was it was easy to escape before, you couldn't just run out of range unless you were already at the abilities max range of 10 meters when it was initially casted. You could line of sight it, but even then if the tank is good, he won't cast it on a player who is around a line of sight object in the first place.

Also, in ranked, 9 times out of 10, you won't even have the ability to get off a full channel, not because of moving, but because guard swap and CC takes priority over damage.

So I don't see what the big deal is with this being mobile. If it's the damage you're concerned with, well, then ask for a damage nerf, not a mobiilty revert.

The problem was that wither slow is easily cleansed and only one/two ticks were successful apart from a serious survivability gimp through standing and trying keeping rotation.

Easier when used defensively, but offensively standing was impossible and resulting to poor dps.

Edited by Aetideus

The problem, that I encountered, was standing and trying to keep rotation in 10m.

Found your problem. Stop trying to be a fancy looking Target Dummy using a PvE DPS rotation in Unscripted PvP content.

Edited by RangKer

Found your problem. Stop trying to be a fancy looking Target Dummy using a PvE rotation in PvP content.

:) Then there is no reason to use tankassin with dps. Without Harness the dps is less than decent. Until the current patch ofc.

Edited by Aetideus