Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Sith Warrior Companion to romance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Best Sith Warrior Companion to romance?

MechaKaiserOmega
04.14.2015 , 12:02 PM | #1
Which one is the better companion to love as either male or female player? I'm curious cause while Jaesa is all Dark Side and all, I kinda like Vette cause she's not mostly stereotypical-Sith like Jaesa can be at times if not all the time.

Timorelle
04.14.2015 , 12:20 PM | #2
As a male, you have the two options you mentioned. If you want a mate who actually approves of you, you'll take Vette if you plan on going LS and Jaesa if you plan on going DS. If you're playing more neutral, you're going to end up making both/either of them cross with you repeatedly (Vette gets pissed any time you choose a DS option, and Jaesa gets pissed any time you choose a LS option), but it's nothing that companion gifts won't fix.

Female Warriors only get one option, Malavai Quinn. Take him or leave him. Fairly massive spoilers for Warrior story incoming; don't click if you care about being surprised.

Spoiler

MechaKaiserOmega
04.14.2015 , 12:36 PM | #3
Which of the female companions would u suggest, in terms of personality, ability, and anything else that they can do better?

Ridickilis
04.14.2015 , 12:58 PM | #4
I found Vette to be the much more interesting companion/foil for my DS warrior. She has the funnier in game quips, she's not totally LS (or anti DS as the previous poster stated) and I most enjoyed the finale of the companion/quest arch as a DS warrior + "relationship" component.

She dislikes slavery (obvious) and random killing/brutality of "innocents" but she does not mind when you're ruthless towards other pompous sith, moffs or really anyone in a position of power with a chip on their shoulder. There are some DS affection gains and a few others that are merely -1 losses (mildly annoyed rather than "pissed"). I did "cheat" a couple of times and simply brought a different companion in if I really felt I wanted to take the DS option and not take a big hit. What she doesn't see won't bother her, right?

To have it work/make sense, I did take a few LS hits when dealing with her directly during her personal story arch. I looked at it this way, I'm a ruthless bastard to the whole galaxy but I need that one place to comfotable without fearing that my special someone will jam a spoon in my eye as I sleep. Vette is that someone, in my opinion. I treated her as an equal partner rather than a servant/slave from the very beginning and thought the whole thing wrapped up quite nicely. Plus I always like the "opposites attract" mo as well.

Jaesa is fine and dandy too, and obviously works well with a DS warrior, but the "rawr killem all" does get a bit stale after a while.

I've seen them both but Vette is by far my personal fav.

Diviciacus
04.14.2015 , 04:14 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Timorelle View Post
Female Warriors only get one option, Malavai Quinn. Take him or leave him. Fairly massive spoilers for Warrior story incoming; don't click if you care about being surprised.
Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce. He's probably a much better choice, anwyay. I'm 100% certain that Malavai Quinn is why they removed the ability to kill companions in beta.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Timorelle
04.14.2015 , 08:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce.
Personally, I don't feel like this counts. When most people talk about companion romances specifically, they are referring to the companions that you can take all the way and marry. You only get a small handful of flirt options with Pierce which, at the most, culminate in a short fling and nothing else. I don't equate "one-night stand" with "romance", heh.

Seireeni
04.15.2015 , 04:18 AM | #7
All these sorts of questions are a bit problematic, since it's always to up one's taste which companion romance is the best. Loads of people pretty much loathe Malavai Quinn, but if you ask me, he has the best male romance in the game. I have a soft spot for stoic people who are almost obsessed about their field of profession. I always found it pretty adorable how he first tries to make the warrior quit the [flirt]s by calling the behaviour unprofessional, but then understands that warrior isn't going to stop this unprofessionality and allows himself to respond to her advances. Then, when he finally falls in love with warrior, he seems to look at the relationship the way he looks at his work: everything should be at peak efficiency! This may feel a bit cold and clinical, but anything else would be out of character for him. He's very stoic when it comes to his personal life, and will never change.

For male warrior who is not "I murder puppies for fun"-kind of dark side user, I'd pick Vette. She's funny, cute and just a little crazy. I think every sith lord should have their own Vette: the sith tend to take themselves a bit too seriously and a cute little twi'lek occasionally telling them how weird they are would surely fix that problem. Works well for light side characters and dark side characters who still do show compassion to some people, or are willing to treat Vette as an exception and show her their softer side.

I haven't romanced Jaesa yet, but judging by her conversations with a female warrior, she'll be a perfect match for those who want to murder anything and everything. Pierce is really more of a one night stand / friends of benefits kind of arrangement, and I wouldn't call it a romance.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Dayshadow
04.19.2015 , 11:09 PM | #8
Jaesa is too creepy for me. Eww.

I had one conversation recently where she says she got drunk and screwed some random soldier and might have killed him. Then follows with, "but I want you". Ewww. I don't want some filthy ****. I really don't like how they handled the character. It's like a flip was switched and she went from Jedi to full blown sociopathic creepster. There was no character development at all to bring her to that point.

If I was the Sith Warrior I wouldn't be able to sleep with her on my ship. Have to have one eye open at all times.

Can't speak for LS Jaesa. I'd imagine she's decent enough.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Alkuzar
04.20.2015 , 02:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
Jaesa is too creepy for me. Eww.

I had one conversation recently where she says she got drunk and screwed some random soldier and might have killed him. Then follows with, "but I want you". Ewww. I don't want some filthy ****. I really don't like how they handled the character. It's like a flip was switched and she went from Jedi to full blown sociopathic creepster. There was no character development at all to bring her to that point.

If I was the Sith Warrior I wouldn't be able to sleep with her on my ship. Have to have one eye open at all times.

Can't speak for LS Jaesa. I'd imagine she's decent enough.
You can't romance LS Jaesa.

mynxvablid
04.20.2015 , 09:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Female Warriors can also romance Lieutenant Pierce. He's probably a much better choice, anwyay. I'm 100% certain that Malavai Quinn is why they removed the ability to kill companions in beta.
Wish we could kill companions .. two I would kill in a heart beat are Malavai Quinn and Qizen from the Jedi Consular. Sheesh, that overgrown lizard annoys me. I got treek just so I wouldn't have to put up with him.