Planetary decorations bought by basic commendations

pehwraah

Im a huge fan of strongholds and I think its the best made feature released last year, though even with the huge collection of decorations we can use I still think its not enough variation. So my idea is:

Give us decorations purchaseble by basic commendations from the Planetary Vendors.

1. Each Planetary Vendor sell their own set of decorations which are found specifically on that planet.

2. Each decoration would cost roughly the same as the gear pieces sold at the same vendor.

No clue how much Im asking for here, but maybe we can discuss it. What do you think of this?

Personally I would love to have this option to get decorations since my basic commendations just waste away. And before someone says buy something and then sell to the vendor 2 hours later, I don't need any more credits. Bio-ware removing most of all the credit sinks from the game has inflated the prices on everything and I continue to pull in about 2 million a day between daily's, questing and raiding.

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea is to put some decorations at the Social vendors to revitalize the social system.

I just love the thought of having every single object to use as a decoration. Like many of the starship holograph tables, or modular counters and shelves of different varieties, target dummies and pretty much every other object you can find in the Planetary Spaceports/Orbital stations. And instead of giving them out in Cartel Packs, i believe most ppl would like to see them in other areas of the game as well.

Like the reputation vendors! I remember when Stronghold first came out and I had browsed through available and coming packs and decoration vendors to make up my mind of what decos to use. Then I learned rep vendor sold additional decos and that encouraged me to yet again focus on building reputation points. I was thrilled and they were nice decos too.

I love when game companies implement new features, but its even more fun when you feel that they continueosly support given features. Bring back the Social System!

Edited by pehwraah

I whole-heartedly support this idea! I am constantly sitting at the Basic Commendations cap and would be pleased to have something to spend them on - and absolutely thrilled to have more decorations. Even if it were just one or two decorations per planet, that would be great. Not being a programmer I don't know how difficult it is to take the existing assets from the game and transform them into decorations, but hopefully not too difficult!

I like the idea of planet-themed decorations for basic comms, but I'd much rather see them put on a dedicated "Planetary Decoration Vendor" instead of being scattered around all over creation.

Where to get them doesnt really matter. I just want many of the decorations thats currently not available, to be available. :) And to see some forgotten features brought back to life - social system, legacy level, solo space missions. All of these could reward some decorations.

Yep this is really one good idea. I already searched for way how to spend basic coms and only thing i found is to buy items and then sell them to vendor which is pretty bad. But i think decorations for basic coms should be BoP, cause comps are BoP too :) Edited by ShawDou

But i think decorations for basic coms should be BoP, cause comps are BoP too :)

I see now that this potentially creates a problem wherein you get another way of moving comms to alts. But Im probably not the only one who dont want them BoP - so we can use them for the guild flagship and stronghold. (Im not decorating my personal stronghold at all, im only focusing on the guilds).

One solution would be to allow BoP items to be donated to guild. This would only affect decorations, right? And as far as I can see it wouldnt change the economics in any bad way. I sure missed this when the subscriber reward Revans Grand Statue was released. I have no use of it since it was BoP.

Edited by pehwraah

I see now that this potentially creates a problem wherein you get another way of moving comms to alts. But Im probably not the only one who dont want them BoP - so we can use them for the guild flagship and stronghold. (Im not decorating my personal stronghold at all, im only focusing on the guilds).

One solution would be to allow BoP items to be donated to guild. This would only affect decorations, right? And as far as I can see it wouldnt change the economics in any bad way. I sure missed this when the subscriber reward Revans Grand Statue was released. I have no use of it since it was BoP.

I agree that were BW to implement any decorations that were purchasable with comms, those decorations should be BOP.

Allowing ANY BOP items to be donated to the guild, even decorations, opens up a can of worms and the demands for MORE ways to transfer BOP items, even between characters, will go through the roof.

If you have an alt that is another guild, then purchase the decorations with that alt.

I agree that were BW to implement any decorations that were purchasable with comms, those decorations should be BOP.

Allowing ANY BOP items to be donated to the guild, even decorations, opens up a can of worms and the demands for MORE ways to transfer BOP items, even between characters, will go through the roof.

If you have an alt that is another guild, then purchase the decorations with that alt.

Yeah I agree with you, but the worst thing you could do IMO is to limit the number of decorations available for guilds. You should always be able to donate ANY deco to your guild. I could not care less about my personal stronghold that no one will ever see or use. And Im sure many others too use their guild's stronghold/flagship before any of the members' stronghold.

"If you have an alt that is another guild, then purchase the decorations with that alt."

Not sure what you mean by this. You still cannot donate a BoP decoration.

• 2 weeks later...

I support this! this is the list of what I would love to see on some of the planetary vendors:

Korriban:

-Sith Overseer

-Sith Acolyte

Tython:

-Jedi Padawan

-Jedi Master

Dromund Kaas:

-All the low level PVP comms Vendors

-All the Legacy Vendors

-The Spires of Victory

Coruscant:

-All the low level PVP comms Vendors

-All the Legacy Vendors

-(The rock monument that is between the taxi and the senate plaza lol cant remember if it has a name)

Balmorra:

-Colicoid

Taris:

-Rakghoul

-Infected Citizen

Nar Shaddaa:

-Hutt Cartel Security

-Red Twilek Dancer (Female)

-Mirailan Dancer (Female)

-Some of the Holo signs you see while traveling on taxi

Tatooine:

-Sand People Rifleman

- Moisture Vaporator

-Hutt

-Ortolan Musician

Alderaan:

(Empire Characters):

-Thul Noble

-Thul Guardsman

(Republic Characters):

-Organa Noble

-Organa Guardsman

-Kilik Drone

Quesh:

-Ceiling Acid Trap (The one from the Huttball Arena)

Belsavis:

-Rakata Teleporter

-Prisoner

-Dread Guard

Voss:

-Voss Guard (Male)

-Voss Priestess

I would like to see this as well. It would be great to have a use for my comms. Perhaps some of the crates and containers, plants, etc would be fun. I would also like some plants that are "not in pots." The planetary vendors could sell ones native to each planet.

• 2 months later...
I also wanted to say that I'd love to see this sort of thing. I don't even need it to be planetary vendors that sell the things we see there (though, I'm certainly not opposed to those thing). I'd be happy if we just had a vendor sitting next to the gear vendors who sells things we could use consistently, such as things like decorative lights and/or art. Also maybe some large ticket items like a few options for centerpieces that take a large chunk of comms but are very cool (not unlike that Sith Obelisk/Jedi Holocron from the TacFPs. Whatever we get though, a vendor that we could buy decor with basic comms is something that I'd love to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea. "/signed".

Here are my suggestions for Sith & Imperial decorations

Forward Command Tent (Hooks: Floor Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/fc4ecdeb845b18a6d8cb1394ac66e6d7a90014fb3fc34e24dac41460/original.jpg

Sith Altar (Hooks: Floor Medium Narrow; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/695607b63f8ab9b0eee3d124b0fd981be1b861de759a59b3e8790ae1/original.jpg

Ancient Sith Armor (Hooks: Floor Small; Medium Narrow):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/22e949522efef6d3ae0dee06167b61fed4b833f040b00eb639c65cc5/original.jpg

Sith Library Archive (Hooks: Wall Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/7fb2b29c78041cd55f1a92ce5c08ac9e38a1631c75b547afaf6a679c/original.jpg

Sith Wall Sconce (Hooks: Wall Small; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/941206043ec6cc03ec9cd8abb2dfa7e0e210988c5c642f60eedc7a9e/original.jpg

Imperial Computer Desk (Hooks: Floor Medium Narrow; Medium):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/8b9cf49cf949a0d84f8b97673439dff7c516209091106ca8593b7099/original.jpg

Imperial Long Table (Hooks: Floor Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/f8aef53dadb47ca09c7ebb6b7bcb1c7f6e4e7d18e06f676383328de6/original.jpg

Imperial Wall Computer (Hooks: Wall Medium; Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/b0cc8c024eaab780f3715029651609c5d3d00f6283c1c22d92506ebc/original.jpg

Imperial Holo-Table (Hooks: Floor Large):

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/5fa94f7130b7b168ce3f8ab084d88ba044c4eb016282956c9af534bc/original.jpg

Edited by Aatrus