Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 06:09 PM | #21
Give people some time and hopefully they will learn the mechanics of the battlegrounds.

I'm already seeing big improvements in some fields. People rushing objectives in void star while defense spreads, groups leaving 3-4 defenders on turrets in civil war and actually facing the capture node where as before I (a lone operative) could often take the node from the rear unnoticed. Huttball is all about passing and using a chain of players to get it into the endzone. Right now people try to rambo the ball and never pass even when they are at 25% health and being snared.always pass the ball if you are going to die, even if you are just going to reset it to middle.

Einaudi
12.24.2011 , 06:22 PM | #22
Have to agree with OP. I haven't kept an actual count but if I had to guess, I'd say on my server we average a 15-20% win rate on repub side on a good day. Most days so far it's been 10% or less. Of the loses, around half are complete crushing defeats (Ala losing VS without ever getting past the first objective)

Definitely have seen some great players on repub side but by far they are the extreme minority.

TrueAce
12.24.2011 , 06:37 PM | #23
Death wind Corrider Republic steam rolls empire. whats also great is ive never even played huttball on my republic character but thats all i got on my empire character lol.
Im the Man not the Myth
Server[Fatman]
Name[Desecrate]
Side[Imperial]

Bcaseb
12.24.2011 , 06:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexxin View Post
Almost 20 losses in a row!
Has it occurred to you that you might just be bad at PvP? Or playing your class wrong? Take a gander at the class forums, read up on the proper PvP spec/play style, and find something you like.

avpan
12.24.2011 , 07:04 PM | #25
On Tertantek, the empire has a clear VERY clear advantage. Voidstar isn't even fair. Empire will always get the obj, yet the republic will never leave the first room.

I knew empire had a clear advantage. During their first preview of the game at Comic Con San Diego they ran pvp count rep vs empire and empire had 2 times the wins as republic everyday.

Repefe
12.24.2011 , 07:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Bcaseb View Post
Has it occurred to you that you might just be bad at PvP? Or playing your class wrong? Take a gander at the class forums, read up on the proper PvP spec/play style, and find something you like.
That's the thing with losing streaks ... all the loses have one thing on common ... the player.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

MrSchneebly
12.24.2011 , 07:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Menasu View Post
I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.
I'm old as Yoda's sack and I went Empire. The mature part not so much

Psytic
12.24.2011 , 07:36 PM | #28
Republic seems to kick our asses quite a bit in warzones must be your server. Best to keep blanket statements like that to your self.

Apollian
12.24.2011 , 07:48 PM | #29
i am at the republic and have won the 36 last games, true story.
Empire are really really bad...

Einaudi
12.24.2011 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by avpan View Post
On Tertantek, the empire has a clear VERY clear advantage. Voidstar isn't even fair. Empire will always get the obj, yet the republic will never leave the first room.

I knew empire had a clear advantage. During their first preview of the game at Comic Con San Diego they ran pvp count rep vs empire and empire had 2 times the wins as republic everyday.
On tertanek as well. I love VS apart from this bug.