Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

Hexxin

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I would have known that republic on my server had 10-15% win ratio in warzones I would have rolled empire.

No they aren't. Maybe on your server, but it isn't an absolute, I win about 6-=8)% of my games depending on time of day...its almost 100% between 2am-6am.

Don't assume one server is indicative of every server.

NOOOO!!!! Everyone role Repubs on Dark Reaper. Trust me, the republic players on that server are great.

Lol thats the server I was talking about too! I am on Dark Reaper, yeah Republic owns on that server.

We also get instant queues from being underpopulated which is win.

Hey have you ever played vs Nerve? Have you ever seen them win? I'm pretty sure Nerve is not only the worst Empire PvP guild but worst on the server period.

Which should make Dark Reaper the unofficial Republic PvP server. Star getting everyone who is fed up on their server to re-roll to us.

Edited by Grimhand

Approaching a 15 game losing streak now.

Do you at least ATTEMPT to direct your team in the ops channel? I have found that, if I queue solo without my guildies, all it takes is for someone to speak up and take command and the headless chickens will fall in line.

Lol thats the server I was talking about too! I am on Dark Reaper, yeah Republic owns on that server.

We also get instant queues from being underpopulated which is win.

Hey have you ever played vs Nerve? Have you ever seen them win? I'm pretty sure Nerve is not only the worst Empire PvP guild but worst on the server period.

Which should make Dark Reaper the unofficial Republic PvP server. Star getting everyone who is fed up on their server to re-roll to us.

Yes sir, that is the plan. Unfortunately I am a loyal Sith, my friend, but I would enjoy seeing more Republics in Open World and playing another warzone other than huttball. Therefore I would like to have more Republic players on Dark Reaper. P.S. I am not sure if I have seen Nerve, must be a smaller Imp Guild.

For some reason I mostly win Huttball and Voidstar, but nearly always lose Alderaan playing republic.

Not sure why, the Republic seems to be less mobile overall in Alderaan.

And please, for the love of god, to all of you shouting and screaming in chat when you're losing a battle, shut it. You're only making yourself ridiculous 90% of the time when you don't even know what's really going on.

Offer useful feedback when you open your mouth.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

On my server, the only time the imperials ever lose--from my experience--is when they come up against a solid IMPERIAL premade in huttball.

The republic pvpers are just god awful. If they actually do get a solid group in, the most they'll accomplish is a tie. They just seem absolutely incapable of winning anything.

I don't know what the PROBLEM is here. I don't want to say that the republic side is full of a bunch of terrible players, because that's generalizing. But it gets boring when the only competition you get is from you own side. :mad:

I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.

I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.

What part of being mature or old makes you good at videogames? If anything it on average makes you worse.

On my server there's a definite advantage to the empire. It's not extreme or anything, but I do encounter a lot of pre-mades of a higher level than what I can see on our side. Still, it makes for a challenge. Sometimes insurmountable, but otherwise it forces you to really try and get people to play together.

On that note, try whispering people you've played with in pvp matches that have done well or responded positively to your attempts to get some tactics going. Making pre-mades like that helps!

Hang in there, let people catch up in levels and things should get better. We can talk about class compositions in a few weeks.

While I disagree with your assessment, seeing that I am in an Empire guild with hundreds of members and the majority are likely old enough to be your Mother or Father, I'd like to point out that maturity and age have nothing to do with the skill of a player. :D

Edited by Dgator

Translation: I don't use filthy language. Therefore, I am good at PvP.

Give people some time and hopefully they will learn the mechanics of the battlegrounds.

I'm already seeing big improvements in some fields. People rushing objectives in void star while defense spreads, groups leaving 3-4 defenders on turrets in civil war and actually facing the capture node where as before I (a lone operative) could often take the node from the rear unnoticed. Huttball is all about passing and using a chain of players to get it into the endzone. Right now people try to rambo the ball and never pass even when they are at 25% health and being snared.always pass the ball if you are going to die, even if you are just going to reset it to middle.

Have to agree with OP. I haven't kept an actual count but if I had to guess, I'd say on my server we average a 15-20% win rate on repub side on a good day. Most days so far it's been 10% or less. Of the loses, around half are complete crushing defeats (Ala losing VS without ever getting past the first objective)

Definitely have seen some great players on repub side but by far they are the extreme minority.

On Tertantek, the empire has a clear VERY clear advantage. Voidstar isn't even fair. Empire will always get the obj, yet the republic will never leave the first room.

I knew empire had a clear advantage. During their first preview of the game at Comic Con San Diego they ran pvp count rep vs empire and empire had 2 times the wins as republic everyday.