Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Republic is awful at pvp, consider before you choose.

-kobie-'s Avatar


-kobie-
12.24.2011 , 05:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexxin View Post
Approaching a 15 game losing streak now.
Do you at least ATTEMPT to direct your team in the ops channel? I have found that, if I queue solo without my guildies, all it takes is for someone to speak up and take command and the headless chickens will fall in line.
Barrahm/Loora/Tylarr
The Arkanus Legacy
The Harbinger

LaMeegruh's Avatar


LaMeegruh
12.24.2011 , 05:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimhand View Post
Lol thats the server I was talking about too! I am on Dark Reaper, yeah Republic owns on that server.

We also get instant queues from being underpopulated which is win.

Hey have you ever played vs Nerve? Have you ever seen them win? I'm pretty sure Nerve is not only the worst Empire PvP guild but worst on the server period.

Which should make Dark Reaper the unofficial Republic PvP server. Star getting everyone who is fed up on their server to re-roll to us.
Yes sir, that is the plan. Unfortunately I am a loyal Sith, my friend, but I would enjoy seeing more Republics in Open World and playing another warzone other than huttball. Therefore I would like to have more Republic players on Dark Reaper. P.S. I am not sure if I have seen Nerve, must be a smaller Imp Guild.
-Lorax

Fdzzaigl's Avatar


Fdzzaigl
12.24.2011 , 05:44 PM | #13
For some reason I mostly win Huttball and Voidstar, but nearly always lose Alderaan playing republic.

Not sure why, the Republic seems to be less mobile overall in Alderaan.

And please, for the love of god, to all of you shouting and screaming in chat when you're losing a battle, shut it. You're only making yourself ridiculous 90% of the time when you don't even know what's really going on.
Offer useful feedback when you open your mouth.

Dgator's Avatar


Dgator
12.24.2011 , 05:48 PM | #14
On my server, the only time the imperials ever lose--from my experience--is when they come up against a solid IMPERIAL premade in huttball.

The republic pvpers are just god awful. If they actually do get a solid group in, the most they'll accomplish is a tie. They just seem absolutely incapable of winning anything.

I don't know what the PROBLEM is here. I don't want to say that the republic side is full of a bunch of terrible players, because that's generalizing. But it gets boring when the only competition you get is from you own side.

Hexxin's Avatar


Hexxin
12.24.2011 , 05:48 PM | #15
Just lost a huttball match to 3 hg's and 5 inqu's. Starting to think inquis are half the reason for losing. Almost 20 losses in a row!

Menasu's Avatar


Menasu
12.24.2011 , 05:51 PM | #16
I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.

CHRISGG's Avatar


CHRISGG
12.24.2011 , 05:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Menasu View Post
I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.
What part of being mature or old makes you good at videogames? If anything it on average makes you worse.
AKA Faction
50 Sage, Wound in the Force
Check out my YouTube channel, tons of SW:TOR videos!

Tarrok's Avatar


Tarrok
12.24.2011 , 05:53 PM | #18
On my server there's a definite advantage to the empire. It's not extreme or anything, but I do encounter a lot of pre-mades of a higher level than what I can see on our side. Still, it makes for a challenge. Sometimes insurmountable, but otherwise it forces you to really try and get people to play together.

On that note, try whispering people you've played with in pvp matches that have done well or responded positively to your attempts to get some tactics going. Making pre-mades like that helps!

Hang in there, let people catch up in levels and things should get better. We can talk about class compositions in a few weeks.

Dgator's Avatar


Dgator
12.24.2011 , 06:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Menasu View Post
I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.
While I disagree with your assessment, seeing that I am in an Empire guild with hundreds of members and the majority are likely old enough to be your Mother or Father, I'd like to point out that maturity and age have nothing to do with the skill of a player.

Knifewrench's Avatar


Knifewrench
12.24.2011 , 06:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Menasu View Post
I somehow doubt Republic is awful considering all the children and idiots went Empire because DARK LIKE MY SOUL SO EDGY. From what I've seen the Republic side has a lot more mature players though obviously there are still idiots on this side too as that is inevitable. I just noticed more when I tried Empire.
Translation: I don't use filthy language. Therefore, I am good at PvP.