The Force Ghosts on Yavin 4

Kayriel

Not sure if this was every brought up before or not , i looked into 2-3 pages of the Story and Lore and Spoilers sections of the forums and didn't find anything so i thought i would ask :

The Sith Inquisitor knows the Force Walking ritual and is capable of devouring force ghosts to augment his power , so why can't the Inquisitor just nom nom the 4 roaming ghosts ( maybe 5 , since aparetly there is a 5th one that triggers the world boss ) that wonder around Yavin , and for that matter , why aren't we given the option to feed on Revan's ghost as well , when we finally end his retard march ?

From a story perspective the roaming ghosts do not have any impact at all on other player's stories and from a mechanics perspective , after we eat them they could spawn again , so the encounter with the secret world boss can happen , but if Byoware ever decided to give us another encounter where we are required to show of our power and display the ghosts like we did with Thanaton , we would basically have an army and we would be able to say at that point : "My name is LEEEGION , for we are maaanny! " :p

Well, under the premise you kept your original ghosts, keep in mind that taking in the ghosts actually does damage to you. The damage may have been healed on Voss and Belsavis, but if you took in 5 additional ones to the ones you already have, it might go beyond control.

Also, keep in mind there are 2 ways to bind a ghost - 1. make a pact using your blood; 2 - overpower them. The implication would therefore be that the Inquisitor is not powerful enough to forcefully bind Tulak Hord, Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun or Revan, and that none of them would come on friendly terms.

Additionally, the appearance of the Force ghosts on Yavin 4 is questionable - Ragnos is buried on Korriban, Hord's remains were last seen on Hoth, Kun has bound himself to a temple on Yavin and Sadow's tomb was locked by the Emperor's agents. Therefore, we could stand to reason that they are moreso echoes than actual Force ghosts, and that their presence on Yavin is entirely dependent on the presence of Vitiate (and maybe Revan), so that there actually is nothing to bind. (But that's just an assumption).

I was under the impression that the Mother Machine on Belsavis remade the inquisitor in a better version of himself , which could consume other ghosts and not be affected like he originally was.

Also with regards to the strain that additional ghosts would put on his mind , i should think that after the Voss ritual s/he would have the knowledge and understanding of how to combat that side effect

And of course , if that is the case , its not like we couldn't go back to those places and combat the degradation again , i mean with the vast resources that the inquisitor has right now , i should think that it would be relatively easy to get back to belsavis and even if the AI isn't there , have a but load of scientists and slicers work the machine for him and then get to Voss and crush the extra spirits, with the added bonus that now he could force the other 5 to help , if the ones from Yavin would be too strong , so that wouldn't be an issue i think.

I suppose the 4-5 ghosts that walk around Yavin are questionable since , now that you reminded me , yeah you are right some of them are actually buried off planet , but that still leaves Revan and i would stil LOVE nothing more than to have his *** on a leash as a pet , maybe figure out a way to torture his spirit and mind **** him more , just like the emperor did , just for the simple fact that hes the focus of this expansion and i can't put into words how much i despise him in this game. Loved him in KOTOR 1 & 2 , but he really didn't have any place in this game.

• 3 weeks later...

You bind the voss spirit AFTER you finish to restore and upgrade the SI mind on voss. Hence you can bind new ghost and it was for plot purposes that it was not allowed.

Also don't forget that after the battle with revan the emperor suddenly pops out and confuse everyone while Revan ninja away.

Regarding the ghost I think it's randomly vision like ghost and not real ghosts at all asother already mentioned half the ghost there are not even on yavin.

I was under the impression that the Mother Machine on Belsavis remade the inquisitor in a better version of himself , which could consume other ghosts and not be affected like he originally was.

But did it remake the Inquisitor into a limitless ghostmunching machine, or just make him resilient enough to handle the ghosts he had at the time? Things usually do have limits of some sort, even if we never get close enough to see them in ordinary life. Making the Inquisitor strong enough for the ghosts he has is OK. Preparing his body for any number would probably have some very bad side effects.

You can buy a very fast luxury sports car with enough money, but there's few roads where you can legally use that speed. You can buy an even faster rocket car, but there's literally only a dozen places on Earth where you can use it. And neither of them is a very efficient way to drive the three blocks to your grocery store. One drinks a lot of gas and is very expensive to repair, the other is a rocket car that doesn't even slow down until the fuel burns out. And the repairs are custom jobs!

But did it remake the Inquisitor into a limitless ghostmunching machine, or just make him resilient enough to handle the ghosts he had at the time? Things usually do have limits of some sort, even if we never get close enough to see them in ordinary life. Making the Inquisitor strong enough for the ghosts he has is OK. Preparing his body for any number would probably have some very bad side effects.

You can buy a very fast luxury sports car with enough money, but there's few roads where you can legally use that speed. You can buy an even faster rocket car, but there's literally only a dozen places on Earth where you can use it. And neither of them is a very efficient way to drive the three blocks to your grocery store. One drinks a lot of gas and is very expensive to repair, the other is a rocket car that doesn't even slow down until the fuel burns out. And the repairs are custom jobs!

I agree that the inquisitor may have limits , but as lironBD pointed out , on Voss , after the Mother Machine rebuilds him , he has the option to bind another force ghost , one of the Voss ones , so if there is an upper limit to how many ghosts he can feast on , it is not yet explored in the game .

And he binds the ghost on Voss without any of the previous side effects , that he experianced before and this lead me to believe that after this "rebirth" that upper limit , was raised exponentially.

As to your analogy with fast cars , if we think of the inquisitor as one of the people who can afford those kinds of toys, i think it wouldn't be much of a problem , since hes on the dark council and basically he gets to make the laws for the roads that he can drive his rocket cars , not to mention the vast pool of resources that he could dedicate to buy the spare parts that he needs :D

Besides , i do not remember the Mother Machine on Belsavis , saying that he can't get back or get in touch with her again , for another tuneup :D

I suppose it makes a bit more sense as to why you can't bind the ghosts roaming around Yavin 4 , because of what Darkelefantos said , because those are not real ghosts , just echoes , that are there to basically observe the conflict , but that still leaves Revan's ghost that we could feed on , but i suppose that due to the story being as it is and him being such a big cash cow , Byoware didn't want to give us that option because they thought that having revan being help by the leash by a player would mean that they couldn't bring him back for the next expac , "The return of the arrival of the vengeance of the furry of Revan's rage , who is also fused with Kephes"