Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any way to teleport party members to flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is there any way to teleport party members to flashpoints?

RCducks
12.24.2011 , 04:17 PM | #1
So far I haven't found any way, and it sucks, everybody having to walk to the flashpoint themselves. Bioware should have thought of something, like the summoning stone in WoW. I'm not saying I want SWTOR to have all the features of WoW, but a summoning stone should be quite obvious.

Tommass
12.24.2011 , 04:22 PM | #2
Are you serious? almost every flashpoint is centered around the main space stations for either side.
<MalumFactum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | learn more about us | submit your application

Hi_Im_A_Sith
12.24.2011 , 04:22 PM | #3
God dammit Bioware! I already have to walk to places in real life, I don't want to have to walk to objectives in a videogame! I demand a magic power to allow myself to teleport anywhere I want no matter how far away it is, or I QUIT!!!!! RAWR RAWR RAWR!!!!!

RCducks
12.24.2011 , 04:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommass View Post
Are you serious? almost every flashpoint is centered around the main space stations for either side.
Yeah so? Somebody could be on a planet, far away from a base to fly to a flashpoint shuttle, with his teleport on cooldown.

eightohfive
12.24.2011 , 04:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by RCducks View Post
Yeah so? Somebody could be on a planet, far away from a base to fly to a flashpoint shuttle, with his teleport on cooldown.
No matter where you are, it is never that long of a walk to a base with flight paths. Which will very quickly get you back to a shuttle area. Also Quick Travel is only on a 30 minute cooldown, plus you get an Emergency Fleet Pass. PLUS if you get the extra security for your account, you can purchase MORE Fleet Passes, which have a 1 hour cooldown.
<Malum Factum>
ADULT PROGRESSION PVE + TEAM-PLAY PVP

visit our website | like us on facebook | learn more about us
Apply Now

RCducks
12.24.2011 , 06:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by eightohfive View Post
No matter where you are, it is never that long of a walk to a base with flight paths. Which will very quickly get you back to a shuttle area. Also Quick Travel is only on a 30 minute cooldown, plus you get an Emergency Fleet Pass. PLUS if you get the extra security for your account, you can purchase MORE Fleet Passes, which have a 1 hour cooldown.
Yes it is pretty simple to get to a flashpoint, take a flight path to a flashpoint shuttle and enter, tada you're there, should only take a few mintues. However I doubt that's the case all the time, like the group I had yesterday in which I had to wait close to 10 minutes for. They could have been lost, or goofing around, but whatever the case, a simple summoning stone and everybody is there in seconds.

Also how do you get an emergency fleet pass? If it requires the extra security, not all players have that, I don't.

JacksonMo
01.11.2012 , 08:15 PM | #7
Granted, I'm only at Tatooine, but all the instances I've seen are a fair hike from the nearest speeder point, so you have to FIGHT your way there while everyone twiddles their thumbs waiting. There's no reason they couldn't make a beacon available for a shuttle to bring in a party member at the same vendor who sells fleet passes.
That would be an additional incentive to get the security code thing-a-mah-jig.
That way once you've spent half an hour spamming general chat for a healer, you can just pop a homing beacon and a shuttle picks em up and drops them off.

No kidding, last heroic I did, we waited a good 15 minutes for the last member to arrive, and that was AFTER I ran there.
Plus, if you don't have all the speeder points unlocked, YOUR"RE WALKING!
So nobodies asking for special favors, just make grouping (which is supposed to be a GOOD thing right?) a bit easier to do.

Falkelord
01.11.2012 , 08:31 PM | #8
They could have been lost, or goofing around, but whatever the case, a simple summoning stone and everybody is there in seconds.
Yeah because no one waits to accept a summon. They are waiting with earnest to click "accept summon" instead of finishing what they started doing while they waited in the first place.

Also how do you get an emergency fleet pass? If it requires the extra security, not all players have that, I don't.
Everyone has the EFP; it's in your general tab under your spells. It has an 18h cooldown, but combined with the quick travel (which should 9 times out of 10 be off cool down) If you got the authenticator, you can buy extra passes on a 1h cooldown.
http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent...ixed-this-bug/

Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

TheNetstalker
01.11.2012 , 10:25 PM | #9
I must have missed something. Are you really complaining about waiting 10 mins?
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I plan on leaving it the same way.
<Pals For Life>

JacksonMo
01.16.2012 , 08:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNetstalker View Post
I must have missed something. Are you really complaining about waiting 10 mins?
It's usually longer than 10. Most of the time I see people spamming LFG for a good 30 even before they form a group.