Server populations. How to calculate,

tiszack

Not sure if something like this has been posted before (no search feature on the forums)

Simply type /who into the chat box, and enter the biggest number range that gives less than 100 players (It seems the search results limit it to 100). The number range will return the players online playing at the level of whatever range you input. Example: 1-10 returns 89 players. 11-15 returns 88 players, and so on, until you reach 50. You will need to create a character on both sides to get complete results.

Here's what I found so far. This is @ around 3:30pm EST

Server: Sword of Ajunta Pall

Empire players: 1271

Republic players: 577

Total: 1848

Server: Prophecy of the Five:

Empire: 1625

Republic: 595

Total: 2220

Interestingly the Prophecy server was listed as Full, with no queue, while the other server had over 300 less players, but had a queue. (about a 30 sec wait time though)

You can also type the name of a planet along with the level ranges. I've found that planets with more than 1 open instance usually have around 100 players in each.

What are your results?

Edited by tiszack

Not sure if something like this has been posted before (no search feature on the forums)

Simply type /who into the chat box, and enter the biggest number range that gives less than 100 players (It seems the search results limit it to 100). The number range will return the players online playing at the level of whatever range you input. Example: 1-10 returns 89 players. 11-15 returns 88 players, and so on, until you reach 50. You will need to create a character on both sides to get complete results.

Here's what I found so far. This is @ around 3:30pm EST

Server: Sword of Ajunta Pall

Horde players: 1271

Alliance players: 577

Total: 1848

Server: Prophecy of the Five:

Horde: 1625

Alliance: 595

Total: 2220

Interestingly the Prophecy server was listed as Full, with no queue, while the other server had over 300 less players, but had a queue. (about a 30 sec wait time though)

You can also type the name of a planet along with the level ranges. I've found that planets with more than 1 open instance usually have around 100 players in each.

What are your results?

Horde... Alliance...

Yeah, I don't think the info is accurate, lets see there are roughly 220 servers worldwide, lets say all of them are full (2k people according to OP), 220*2000=440000, I thought the game had over 1 million players according to Bioware, so something must be wrong.

Yeah, I don't think the info is accurate, lets see there are roughly 220 servers worldwide, lets say all of them are full (2k people according to OP), 220*2000=440000, I thought the game had over 1 million players according to Bioware, so something must be wrong.

It only shows players CURRENTLY online. Sorry if I didn't make that more clear.

They said there was little over 1 million players who have started playing.

It does not mean 1 million players at any given time.

You know, not everyone plays 24h a day.