Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm assuming the Jugger is the weakest of the three?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
I'm assuming the Jugger is the weakest of the three?

Necrolosis
12.24.2011 , 03:53 PM | #1
From reading what people are saying, the juggernaut seems to be the weakest of the three. Coming from a warrior in a wow, I really have no intention of playing a class that took years to get fixed and then broken again. Are they weak or do they just excel in a specific area of tanking? I'm also willing to try out the bounty hunter and sith assassin if need be.

DustomaticGXC
12.24.2011 , 04:22 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrolosis View Post
From reading what people are saying, the juggernaut seems to be the weakest of the three. Coming from a warrior in a wow, I really have no intention of playing a class that took years to get fixed and then broken again. Are they weak or do they just excel in a specific area of tanking? I'm also willing to try out the bounty hunter and sith assassin if need be.
Uh, I played a warrior in WoW from release all the way through 4.1. They were NEVER broken.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

Necrolosis
12.24.2011 , 04:28 PM | #3
I'm not going to refer to either the rage bug or the mitigation issues we had early on, and then the lack of good aoe abilites to generate threat. Anyways, I'm not going to quarrel about wow, I would just like to know if the juggers have a rightful place amongst the tanks, or just roll a powertech bounty hunter to make things easier.

Lazzerswords
12.24.2011 , 04:39 PM | #4
Warrior? in WOW the warrior is and always was the best tank. Infact Blizzard devs made the warrior the only tank until Wrath. No, what you mean is the the paladin tank. The paladin tank at launch was worthless and even worse than that was the bear tank.

I dont think Jugg is bad as launch druid.

Canoftuna
12.25.2011 , 04:56 AM | #5
All the tanks are really solid. It's just the Juggernaut seems to have the most abilities and the least AoE threat generation, both of which can be learned to work around.

The story is really good anyway.

Necrolosis
12.25.2011 , 10:42 AM | #6
After much debate with myself, I decided to just stick with him. I enjoy the lore behind a sith warrior too much to not play him over something else. Thank you all for your comments.

Foefaller
12.25.2011 , 01:40 PM | #7
As a tank speced Jugg/Guardian, you will have the most limited AoE and a higher learning curve thanks to the Rage/Focus mechanic, but you also have the best flat damage mitigation and the most numerous and useful emergency high CD abilities compared to the other tanks.

MrSteak
12.25.2011 , 01:44 PM | #8
Juggs have the same tanking capabilities as any other. They may not have a ton of AOEs for generating threat, but you can steal it quickly enough from somebody even without a taunt.

Gurza
12.25.2011 , 02:32 PM | #9
Honestly I was having a horrid time tanking 4 Man heroics and flashpoints until I had the AoE taunt and whatever the cleave ability is called. Since then I have not had many issues at all.

Personally I think the level that the cleave is obtained should be alot sooner then what it is.
Gurza-Sith Jug
<Carnage>Nightmare Lands EU

Aaoogaa
12.26.2011 , 03:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Necrolosis View Post
If you are basing you assumptions on what a bunch of people that only leveled to 20 said then sure they are the weakest...poor players tend to blame the class.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.