Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pure DPS Need 4th Tree In Either Tank Or Heal To Be Valueble In A Dual Spec Enviromen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Pure DPS Need 4th Tree In Either Tank Or Heal To Be Valueble In A Dual Spec Enviromen

FreemanCal
12.24.2011 , 10:58 PM | #21
Don't play a pure dps class, everyone is give me give me give me, were going to end up with only one class in mmo's at the rate that stupid people *****.

Zones
12.24.2011 , 11:07 PM | #22
I don't know about you but when I played a "hybrid" as dps in the past I joined a guild as dps and raided as dps. I didn't switch. Hell I didn't even have the gear for my off spec to step in if we were missing a healer that night.

Did that make me more valuable than a pure who shows up to do the job they were recruited for?

These arguments are all asanine. In a totally equal dps environment there will be no reason to these arguments because you get recruited as dps, not recruited to switch specs every fight.

UjellyTrollicus
12.25.2011 , 12:49 AM | #23
where on earth have you people been getting the notion that pure dps isnt viable because it can only be dps.

im being serious, i want to know exactly how you people came to this conclusion, because it seems like something some idiot made up, and the rest of you went with it...

by your ridiculous logic rogues, hunters, mages, and warlocks are completely unviable in wow, and no sane raiding guild would even consider taking such inflexible classes. only problem is that is completely untrue, and those are some of the most popular classes, and all of them see action in endgame content, even among the most pro of the hardcore raiders.

you pick dps to dps, you pick a tank to tank, and you pick a healer to heal. you dont pick a dps because they can tank, or heal, and you don't pick your tanks for their dps.

Chris_G
12.25.2011 , 01:49 AM | #24
No, they don't need a fourth trees so they can heal or tank like the other classes. What is wrong with you people???

As long as they have some viable dps specs there will always be room for them in raids. Especially since they are the only ones that can chose from 3 different ways to do damage and pick the one best suited to the content they want to work on.

This 'the grass is greener over there' stuff is ridiculous. Play the class you have the most fun with. Period.

MetallicaRulez
12.25.2011 , 02:11 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by joscomi View Post
I can't see anyone playing pure dps'ers ever again.
Yes, because in "that other game" that has dual spec, you never see any Hunters, Rogues, Mages, or Warlocks. None whatsoever.

Oh, wait...

If you enjoy the class and are good at it, it doesn't matter that you can respec to tank or heal. The scenarios in which dual spec tank/dps or heal/dps makes or breaks your invite to the raid are so few and far between that it might as well not even matter.

Psykhe
12.25.2011 , 09:33 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MetallicaRulez View Post
If you enjoy the class and are good at it, it doesn't matter that you can respec to tank or heal. The scenarios in which dual spec tank/dps or heal/dps makes or breaks your invite to the raid are so few and far between that it might as well not even matter.
Exactly. If anything there will be more missed raids due to canceling of them since there was no tank or healer available, which would have been with dual spec.

Bating
12.25.2011 , 09:38 AM | #27
HAHAHAHA where does all the ignorant people come from How on earth can you think dual spec will only affect healers/tanks.

Do you actually mean you will never pvp? Never raid 2 different boss mechanics? Never level solo again. If you respecc 1 time in your entire life, you benefit from dual spec.

I know a lot of you guys are casuals and never raided more then once. But if you ever consider start raiding, pvp, or doing any kind of end game. You will find that as a dps with duel spec, you will win every fight damage wise (if you know your 2 specs well) and therefor be more wanted then other classes to fill out that dps spot.

If you cant see this, just roll a healer/tank and stop complain.

deserttfoxx
12.25.2011 , 10:52 AM | #28
I dont understand, if you want the option to tank or heal, then why not pick a class with those options?

Are you being forced to play pure dps?
"Soon they will know my name, recognize my face, and understand what it means to be in the presence of true power." - Imitatio Dei Captain Sakari Foxx , Sith Juggernaut (Level 50)

Caelrie
12.25.2011 , 11:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Truga View Post
See what I meant, when I said dual spec will just lead to further problems?
Except that it isn't a problem.

Caelrie
12.25.2011 , 11:23 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by UjellyTrollicus View Post
where on earth have you people been getting the notion that pure dps isnt viable because it can only be dps.

im being serious, i want to know exactly how you people came to this conclusion, because it seems like something some idiot made up, and the rest of you went with it...

by your ridiculous logic rogues, hunters, mages, and warlocks are completely unviable in wow, and no sane raiding guild would even consider taking such inflexible classes. only problem is that is completely untrue, and those are some of the most popular classes, and all of them see action in endgame content, even among the most pro of the hardcore raiders.

you pick dps to dps, you pick a tank to tank, and you pick a healer to heal. you dont pick a dps because they can tank, or heal, and you don't pick your tanks for their dps.
It IS a purely imaginary problem. Pure DPS classes have no problem getting DPS raid slots.