Forged alliances broken (Can't Advance)

Oragummi

Okay this is really frustrating me. I started forged alliances with my level 55 operative and completed the assault on Tython solo flashpoint. After I finished it my quest updated saying "speak to darth arkous" so I traveled back to the fleet and walked in to the phase. To my surprise when I talked to darth arkous the conversation that I got was the same one as when I started the quest and when the conversation ended my quest objective read "complete the assault on tython flashpoint". In my rage and frustration I decided that the only thing I could do was abandon the quest and start over, but when I accepted the quest to do assault on tython it would only give me the tactical version.

I am currently in a guild where I am the only active player and when I ask for help on general chat all I get is trolls so I guess I can never continue this character's story beyond Makeb.

I have supported you guys since launch and I continue to do so as a recurring subscriber but I have to be honest with you. I feel that this is a game breaking bug and if it is not addressed and fixed for everyone who is having this issue then that may just be it for me with this game. Please know that it is not my intention to threaten you I am just simply stating how I feel.

P.S. If you are able to fix this bug my character's name is "Mortix" (level 55 operative) and I am on the server "Jedi Covenant".

Something similiar happend to one of my characters. I soloed Attack on Korriban, get the mission rewards but couldn't get back to Col. Darok. So I resettet both quests and now I only get access to FP1 as tactical, even after yesterdays patch and reset of the progress.

The bug occured back in December. Since then there has been no solution for the problem and I couldn't play the Shadow of Revan Prelude. Character name is Anice on Vanjervalis Chain.

Again I suggest to remove the Solo restrictions from the chain, just remove the rewards for those who are playing it again. Can't be that hard ... .

Edited by Arn-Toras

Okay this is really frustrating me. I started forged alliances with my level 55 operative and completed the assault on Tython solo flashpoint. After I finished it my quest updated saying "speak to darth arkous" so I traveled back to the fleet and walked in to the phase. To my surprise when I talked to darth arkous the conversation that I got was the same one as when I started the quest and when the conversation ended my quest objective read "complete the assault on tython flashpoint". In my rage and frustration I decided that the only thing I could do was abandon the quest and start over, but when I accepted the quest to do assault on tython it would only give me the tactical version.

I am currently in a guild where I am the only active player and when I ask for help on general chat all I get is trolls so I guess I can never continue this character's story beyond Makeb.

I have supported you guys since launch and I continue to do so as a recurring subscriber but I have to be honest with you. I feel that this is a game breaking bug and if it is not addressed and fixed for everyone who is having this issue then that may just be it for me with this game. Please know that it is not my intention to threaten you I am just simply stating how I feel.

P.S. If you are able to fix this bug my character's name is "Mortix" (level 55 operative) and I am on the server "Jedi Covenant".

Just a question about what you done after the final battle, how did you go back to the fleet?

I ask because a friend had it happen but I didnt, and we noted what we done, he went to his stronghold first whereas I used the glowing pillar/post inside the room to exit the FP.

Prior to Thursday I completed the solo Assault on Tython, left via the glowy thing in the flashpoint, advanced my quest to the point where I had the SOLO Korriban Incursion quest in my journal and logged out. Return to that character and my quest has regressed to 'talk to Darth Arkous and do Assault on Tython' while I still had the Korriban Incursion solo quest in my journal. I cleared all those from my journal, retook the quest and now have lost progress and still need to do the tactical version of Tython--which I'd queue for but quite honestly I'm using the quest line to gear characters I levelled to 55 during the exp bonus and I don't want to inflict their level 30 gear on randoms.

So can you just undo Thursday? :p ticket is filed.

Same thing happened to me and now like the rest of you I cannot advance. I logged the query and have been told I would have to play the flashpoints with a group. I replied and stated that I am a solo player and their response was effectively 'this has effected other players you could group with them!!!"

All I can hope is this is fixed and I can do quest line in the future but for now the alt is going no where!:mad:

I have the exact same problem at the moment ... I wouldnt mind if this wasnt a particularly critical game progression point, but if you cant get these quests done you cant progress the storyline through Rishi to Yavin and the conclusion of the Revan story.

My assessment is that when Bioware reset all player progress on Forged Alliances Part 1, they simply forgot to reset the 'flags' used to prevent players running this content multiple times in [sOLO] mode. So no matter how many times you try and reset the quest line or abandon it, you wont ever get another go in solo mode, even though Bioware are forcing you do this stuff again!

Players who are affected by this problem is likely to be fairly small, and the number of people queueing to do this stuff is vanishingly small so it looks like we have few options to progress ... game breaking is right.

I have the exact same problem at the moment ... I wouldnt mind if this wasnt a particularly critical game progression point, but if you cant get these quests done you cant progress the storyline through Rishi to Yavin and the conclusion of the Revan story.

My assessment is that when Bioware reset all player progress on Forged Alliances Part 1, they simply forgot to reset the 'flags' used to prevent players running this content multiple times in [sOLO] mode. So no matter how many times you try and reset the quest line or abandon it, you wont ever get another go in solo mode, even though Bioware are forcing you do this stuff again!

Players who are affected by this problem is likely to be fairly small, and the number of people queueing to do this stuff is vanishingly small so it looks like we have few options to progress ... game breaking is right.

I too is SOLO player, and not going to group up with some one, this was working fine before 3.0 and just retuned back to the game and they ****ed it up........... and steal my money

This effectively blocks some characters from completing the Forged Alliances line solo,content that was added in 3.0 so EVERYONE could play through the story content. It boils down to, some characters have had story content in essence, deleted, and are being forced to group when the devs added a mechanic to avoid that requirement in the first place.

Does anyone know if this affects characters that start Firged Alliance after the patch, or is it just those who were 'in progress' as of Thursday's update?

This effectively blocks some characters from completing the Forged Alliances line solo,content that was added in 3.0 so EVERYONE could play through the story content. It boils down to, some characters have had story content in essence, deleted, and are being forced to group when the devs added a mechanic to avoid that requirement in the first place.

Does anyone know if this affects characters that start Firged Alliance after the patch, or is it just those who were 'in progress' as of Thursday's update?

Yes, i had characters between some solo FP and getting same issue, very sad i realy liked the Solo verson, i canceled my sub. This was not good, even Customer service is bad

I am in this situation. I filed a ticket.

I did the Korriban Incursion (Solo) not too long ago, then today updated to 3.1.1 (which took forever, but that's another matter) and today went in and did Assault on Tython (Solo). I was given the quest for Korriban again, but can't get back in to Solo mode. There is a Knowledge Base article that talks about resetting the instance, abandoning quests, etc. I tried all that to no avail. Each time I go to Korriban it's not Solo mode. I don't really want to run this with a PUG, so I'm kind of stuck. I guess I'll go play another toon until they resolve this.

I am in this situation. I filed a ticket.

I did the Korriban Incursion (Solo) not too long ago, then today updated to 3.1.1 (which took forever, but that's another matter) and today went in and did Assault on Tython (Solo). I was given the quest for Korriban again, but can't get back in to Solo mode. There is a Knowledge Base article that talks about resetting the instance, abandoning quests, etc. I tried all that to no avail. Each time I go to Korriban it's not Solo mode. I don't really want to run this with a PUG, so I'm kind of stuck. I guess I'll go play another toon until they resolve this.

me too sendt ticket, and respond was that i had to do this FP, normaly, as they could not reset or do nothing, i had to PUG those FP needed to continue Forge alliance. My answer to the problem ... i joined a guild, and those ppl helped me out

But i understand your frustration, and this seems to be a bug after last patch... i realy hope they fix it as more ppl get affected to it, and in game support cant do any thing about it, but i recomend more ppl send ticket about it so the devs get to know it

me too sendt ticket, and respond was that i had to do this FP, normaly, as they could not reset or do nothing, i had to PUG those FP needed to continue Forge alliance. My answer to the problem ... i joined a guild, and those ppl helped me out

But i understand your frustration, and this seems to be a bug after last patch... i realy hope they fix it as more ppl get affected to it, and in game support cant do any thing about it, but i recomend more ppl send ticket about it so the devs get to know it

I got the same response, that they can't do anything for me, and I'll have to do the FPs again in Tactical mode.

I'm very annoyed.

My soldier completed attack on Tyton today but instead of advancing in the quest line I'm getting attack on Korriban again. So my second character is stuck. Name of the char is Tanami, same server as mentioned in my post before. Edited by Arn-Toras

Having the same problem. I get no option to do Korriban in solo mode from the droid. Just amazed at how much Bioware breaks each time they try to fix something. It's 2 steps forwards.....and usually at best 1.5 steps backwards....sometimes 2 steps backwards

Ugh. Still things that are broken in this game since launch

Having the same problem. I get no option to do Korriban in solo mode from the droid. Just amazed at how much Bioware breaks each time they try to fix something. It's 2 steps forwards.....and usually at best 1.5 steps backwards....sometimes 2 steps backwards

Ugh. Still things that are broken in this game since launch

I found a solution, yet to mentioned it worked for me, when i got this issue, with 2 of my character, i tryed to abonded the mission of Forge alliance chain, and got back to fleet tolak to the droid, and continue Solo FP this worked for me, but this only work if you dont have completet up comming solo FP aka, finish Thyton, and shall to Korriban, and logged off, you need to talk to both again by resetting chain. that the bugg in the chain, seems that you need to finish up Prequels in one go, or the bugg hits you..

As i say, this worked for me..

I submitted an in-game bug report for this and they claimed that this chain has been reset. However, since I can't restart it in solo-mode, it clearly has not been reset properly.

Please try it again and reset the solo mode flag too. The current situation is unplayable.

I got the same response, that they can't do anything for me, and I'll have to do the FPs again in Tactical mode.

I'm very annoyed.

Same for me on ONE toon in my legacy (at least for the moment), even though I was able to get solo mode on my sorc after this problem arose with my shadow. So now I have to sit around in GF hoping some other people want to do it right when I want to do it - hasn't happened yet. Grabbing guildies when it fits my schedule is kind of cheesy, especially when I should be able to run it solo.

It's been a while since this issue was brought to Bioware's attention. So I'm wondering (and I'm sure many others are too) if this bug is being addressed and if so if we can expect a fix any time soon. If a Bioware employee reads this I think it's safe to say that we would all really appreciate an update on the matter. Thank you for taking the time to read through this thread and listen to our feedback.