The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Anaheim, California!

TaitWatson

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just out of curiosity, with the Boston Cantina Tour originally slated for March 7th, presumably there was a certain amount of content / features that you were intended to show at that.

Now that we have seen the 7th come and go, could we get a release or even a tease of what was going to be presented there or at the very least what was going to be on the Cantina Flash Drive for the Boston one?

Thanks for giving us the date and location, I'll be there. :)

Let's just hope that bad weather won't get in the way this time. :rak_01:

We will also have a special appearance by the 501st, a green screen area for photos, and more!

That sounds interesting and will make this event different from other cantina tours. I'm looking forward to how it will turn out. :)

However, it does worry me a little that they didn't just copy & paste the text from previous events but exchanged "development team Q&A" into "development team presentation". One of the best things about the cantina tour is the two-way communication between developers and players and that you can let them know what you personally think about the game.

Maybe the Celebration is too big of an event for individual questions but I hope we'll still be able to talk to the devs and ask questions.

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post
Thanks for giving us the date and location, I'll be there. :)

Let's just hope that bad weather won't get in the way this time. :rak_01:

That sounds interesting and will make this event different from other cantina tours. I'm looking forward to how it will turn out. :)

However, it does worry me a little that they didn't just copy & paste the text from previous events but exchanged "development team Q&A" into "development team presentation". One of the best things about the cantina tour is the two-way communication between developers and players and that you can let them know what you personally think about the game.

Maybe the Celebration is too big of an event for individual questions but I hope we'll still be able to talk to the devs and ask questions.

All good points! Like I said in San Antonio we are really working to change the Cantina experience, to make it more valuable to all of you. However, we know that you guys getting to talk to developers is one of the best parts of the event and that absolutely isn't going away!

I also saw some others ask about Boston. We are still planning to do a livestream in place of the Boston event. I just want to make sure we lock down that date and I will let you know!

-eric

So, just out of curiosity, with the Boston Cantina Tour originally slated for March 7th, presumably there was a certain amount of content / features that you were intended to show at that.

Now that we have seen the 7th come and go, could we get a release or even a tease of what was going to be presented there or at the very least what was going to be on the Cantina Flash Drive for the Boston one?

They said they would do it the Friday following pax east. So this Friday

They said they would do it the Friday following pax east. So this Friday

... I don't have an exact date yet, my guess is we will do a livestream the week after PAX where we will talk about what's coming in the future!

I will post more information on the livestream once I have it. Thank you all for your understanding.

-eric

They did indeed indicate they were aiming for the week after PAX. Good call.

Every attendee will also be receiving an Anaheim exclusive Prinawe Congregate vehicle code.

Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.

Please offer these for sell on the cartel market at some point. There are only hundreds of thousands of player who will never have the time, opportunity, convenience of location, or means to visit a cantina tour event.

I am actually fine with "Exclusive" items being just that, exclusive. In fact, I encourage it and wish there were more exclusive items in game.

you miss the event, you shouldn't be able to receive the same gifts.

lets be honest

there will be a reskin of every "exclusive" item put on the CM within 2-6 months after said item is released

I am actually fine with "Exclusive" items being just that, exclusive. In fact, I encourage it and wish there were more exclusive items in game.

you miss the event, you shouldn't be able to receive the same gifts.

I'm a little torn on this. On the one hand, exclusivity is good because it increases the value and encourages players to go to the event, on the other hand it excludes the players unable to get their because they live at the other end of the world or have private obligations.

I have no problem with them offering an exclusive armor set or something, there are tons of those and (unless it isn't too beautiful) one unobtainable armor set won't mean the end of the world for some players.

But when it comes to mounts and pets, there are actually some players collecting them who will move the world to get a 100% collection. And I am really talking about big spenders here. Some mounts are valued upwards of 50 million credits, one pet costs $100 to get. Any exclusive mount or pet they add decreases the interest of those players to continue collecting.

However, I can see that mounts and pets are nicer rewards than an armor set or a title. I guess an exclusive mount is somewhat okay since we got a lot of hard to get mounts (nightmare drops and top tier Rated PvP rewards) so mount collectors have already realized they won't ever complete their collection, but at least for pets, it is still possible to get more than 98% completion and I hope they won't anger pet collectors any more than they already have.

In any case, since they only give out mounts and not pets, I'm not complaining. :D

For future giveaways, my suggestion would be to just put up the same mount on the Cartel Market for a week starting with the event, even if it is as expensive as 2400 coins. That way, players who can't make it to the event can at least buy the item on the Cartel Market if they really want to have it and don't have to go on eBay and give the same amount of money to a person who got a spare code and now rips off players for it. Seriously Bioware, when players tell you "Shut up and take my money", why do you encourage them to take their money to eBay and not spend it on the game? :sul_confused:

there will be a reskin of every "exclusive" item put on the CM within 2-6 months after said item is released

Any dedicated pet/mount collector knows that a reskin is a separate item to collect, not the same one. :D

For a full collection, you need to have every reskin there is in the game.

Edited by Jerba

Right on. I'll do my best to attend the event. Just down the street from me here in Irvine, CA.

Anaheim doesn't have bad weather! :)

75 degrees and mild today. Our weather just blows compared to the rest of the nation. lulz

Edited by DarthOvertone

We’re happy to announce that the next stop in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Community Cantina Tour will be happening on Saturday, April 18th, in Anaheim for STAR WARS: Celebration!

Read More

Don't worry folks. It'll be canceled two weeks in advance to save you from any possible tidal waves or pesky earthquakes. Bioware wants to make sure you're super safe, okay? :tran_grin:

Why don't you put the wasted money that goes to these events into the game and bug fixes? These things are a complete waste of time. Have you seen the people attending these? Not giving gamers a good image. Have some freakin' pride in yourself and look in the mirror for christ sake. Get off the chair and exercise. You are an embarrassment to gaming.

The hell?

I don't know what Cantina Tour sessions you've gone to, but the NYC ones I've been at have all had guests covering the full spectrum of ages (well, above 21 or close enough to pass since they were in a bar), genders, and body sizes/shapes.

I assume your 'point' based on the "get off the chair and exercise" crack is that you take issue with overweight gamers being there - well if it came down to a choice between (A) an overweight person and (B) someone who goes around insulting people for being overweight, I know which of those two I'd consider it 'an embarrassment' to be associated with.

Edited by DarthDymond

Why don't you put the wasted money that goes to these events into the game and bug fixes? These things are a complete waste of time. Have you seen the people attending these? Not giving gamers a good image. Have some freakin' pride in yourself and look in the mirror for christ sake. Get off the chair and exercise. You are an embarrassment to gaming.

A) Budget allocation most likely does not work this way. They have set PR budget from EA's beancounters, and that money has to stay in PR, and ideally be used, otherwise, they will get less money next time (and no, that money will most likely not go to development, they will just get less money overall)

B) From what I have seen, that was ONE time. Before that, these event were pretty normal filled with normal people who are passionate about the game.

Well Anaheim is not my Frontdoor, is there anyone who can give me an answer if this tour is also coming to Europe for example? seeing this tour in Amsterdam would be nice. i hope there is someone from the organizing committee who can give me an answer

Willem