Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Armor Bolster

mamfmage
03.11.2015 , 01:49 PM | #1
Hi peeps.

I had my fresh lvl 15 tank sin and wanted to grind 10-20 levels via flashpoints / warzones.
I used the same way to lvl my dps toons and it worked great.
And so I went KDY and got demolished. Then I looked closer at my stats and realized, that
the armor rating stayed at about 150. I'm running with the legacy armor set w/o modifications.
The interesting part is that when I take my armor off and run around 'naked', the armor rating spikes to 4,5k.
Could someone please explain this to me?

Cheers

Loc_n_lol
03.12.2015 , 05:26 PM | #2
Don't run around with empty shells, or any empty item slot or mod slot. It may give you some mainstat/endurance, but the system still needs an armoring/barrel to bolster your item's level.
You can test it with the bolsterizer on the fleet (not the same bolster level as for kuat, but it follows the same rules).

Ryuku-sama
03.12.2015 , 05:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
Don't run around with empty shells, or any empty item slot or mod slot. It may give you some mainstat/endurance, but the system still needs an armoring/barrel to bolster your item's level.
You can test it with the bolsterizer on the fleet (not the same bolster level as for kuat, but it follows the same rules).
Considering I can (at level 20) pull off level 40-50 with CrD > Aff > DF > FL spam.... Yeah.. Wear armoring and stuff... THe average KDY pug is guaranteed to make a decent player tanks the whole flashpoint and do 50% of the job.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015