Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stronghold Decorations I’d Like to See and Some Suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Stronghold Decorations I’d Like to See and Some Suggestions

Xo-Lara
03.11.2015 , 12:54 PM | #1
Introduction
(Relocated here as per suggestion so it will be in the more appropriate board.)
I happened to notice several items in going around planets that I would have liked as stronghold decorations, so I decided to note them down for suggestion. As I went, I noticed items that would be good in other people’s strongholds based on the theme they used for decorating, so I noted those down too. This is not just a list for my personal strongholds but general list of items that would like to see available as decorations.

As a note, not all strongholds are decorated as personal residences. Some are intended to be personal ships, some business, hospitals, shipping docks, repair bays, etc. With that in mind, the decorations listed below try to accommodate a wide variety of creative themes. Since this is a long post, I've decided to make use of the spoiler tags to keep it from getting too cluttered and used headers to make sections easier to find.

Suggestions Regarding Decorations
Spoiler

Notes about the Request List Below
  • These are mostly requests for preexisting art found on planet maps, but there are requests for not currently available decorations (mostly) in the misc. section.
  • There are possibly a few duplicates of items that already exist as decorations. It’s difficult to tell what is already a decoration when the preview window is bugged. Also, there may be a request for the same art on a different planet. This list was compiled over the span of many weeks and some things may have caught my attention more than once in that time. But the attempt was made to not duplicate requests.
  • I attempted to come up with descriptive names that would help distinguish the item(s) I was after from others in the area of the coordinates. I tried to match naming schemes of existing decorations where possible.
  • The coordinates were taken where my character was standing not where the object is; however, there are no coordinates for Tython and Ord Mantell as I didn’t start recording the coordinates until after searching those planets.
  • In the case of objects with other objects on them, if I only wanted a singular object I attempted to note that below otherwise the suggested decoration includes the attached objects as well, such as lights on tables.
  • In the case of some items, the intent is to get a scaled down version that will fit in strongholds.

Decoration Request List To Next Section of List >>

Tython
Spoiler

Ord Mantell
Spoiler

Coruscant
Spoiler

Taris
Spoiler

Nar Shaddaa
Spoiler

Tatooine
Spoiler

Alderaan
Spoiler

Balmorra
Spoiler

Quesh
Spoiler

Hoth
Spoiler

Belsavis
Spoiler

Section X
Spoiler

Voss
Spoiler

Corellia
Spoiler

The Black Hole
Spoiler

Makeb
Spoiler

Manaan
Spoiler

CZ-198
Spoiler

Rishi
Spoiler

Ziost
Spoiler

Yavin IV
Spoiler

Republic Fleet
Spoiler

Flashpoints
Spoiler

Nar Shaddaa Star Fortress
Spoiler

Little Boss Recruitment Mission
Spoiler

KOTFE Chapter 10: Anarchy in Paradise
Spoiler

KOTET Chapter 1: Wrath and Ruin Voss
Spoiler

KOTET Chapter 2: Run for the Shadows
Spoiler

Gree Event
Spoiler

Misc. Needed Decoration Types
Spoiler

crubel
03.11.2015 , 01:22 PM | #2
That is an impressive list. I have some general suggestions below.
  • A priority travel terminal. This is the terminal that lets you go to the daily areas, as seen on the fleet and the daily areas.
  • A wider variety of lights that provide ambient light that do not come from the cartel market and are easily accessible to players.
  • More items that make ambient sound.
  • More personnel. I would like to see personnel in different poses such as sitting, or let us change the poses of personnel. I have all of these chairs and no one is sitting in them. It would be great if some could also walk pre-determined paths.
  • An alternative to display armor than the current system of using companions. One issue with companions is that there is certain armor that they cannot wear. For example, any piece of armor with a class restriction.

Happy_Puppy
03.11.2015 , 01:26 PM | #3
How about being able to sit in the chairs and couch's.. that would be nice

We need Jacuzzi's and swimming pool's!!

Xo-Lara
03.11.2015 , 01:28 PM | #4
Oooh... the ambient sounds idea would be nice.

Sitting works pretty good right now if you space items out right.

crubel
03.11.2015 , 01:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Happy_Puppy View Post
How about being able to sit in the chairs and couch's.. that would be nice

We need Jacuzzi's and swimming pool's!!
You realize we can sit with the /sit command, right? It will actually cause you to sit on an invisible chair, so you can just position yourself near a chair and use that command. There is one for sleeping on a bed too, but I don't recall if it is /sleep or not. They came out with those emotes for everyone even F2P when strongholds launched.

Xo-Lara
03.11.2015 , 08:29 PM | #6
I just had a great idea. Chairs that let you right click to sit and show you a menu of sitting styles so you can choose how you sit in the chair and the emote appears the same to everyone. So people who want their hands behind their head can chose it and people that want the thinker can chose it, but everyone see the same emote. This is so needed.

SelinaH
03.11.2015 , 08:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by crubel View Post
You realize we can sit with the /sit command, right? It will actually cause you to sit on an invisible chair, so you can just position yourself near a chair and use that command. There is one for sleeping on a bed too, but I don't recall if it is /sleep or not. They came out with those emotes for everyone even F2P when strongholds launched.
/sit causes you to sit on the floor or whatever surface you're currently on. /chair will give you the invisible chair, letting you sit at chair height (assuming you were standing on the floor originally).
"Homogeneity breeds weakness: theoretical blind spots, stale paradigms, an echo-chamber mentality, and cults of personality. A diverse dramatis personae is a powerful tonic against these ailments." -V.S. Ramachandran
"Relax. Stupidity produces antibodies." -Susie Derkins

crubel
03.12.2015 , 09:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SelinaH View Post
/sit causes you to sit on the floor or whatever surface you're currently on. /chair will give you the invisible chair, letting you sit at chair height (assuming you were standing on the floor originally).
Ah, that's what I had in mind, sorry for the confusion and I appreciate the correction!

Xo-Lara
03.13.2015 , 12:42 PM | #9
While I am thinking about it, it would also be nice if you could buy more than one of a given stronghold. For instance, you could buy one Coruscant stronghold to be a personal residence and another to serve as your character's business since they function on Coruscant mostly.

Fevee
03.18.2015 , 09:15 AM | #10
I wouldn't mind the ability to place alternate characters like alts. Obviously, the decoration becomes entirely invisible when the alt, himself, shows up. But when offline, the alt appears back in the stronghold.

Also, the ability to pick the status companions take, such as holocall, present, or absent; despite which origin character they hail from.

And finally, the ability to assign animations to both alts and companions. So whether I want a pair of companions angrily arguing with eachother, my bounty hunter alt reclining on the sofa after a hard day's work, my sage alt meditating in front of a datacron, a tech-loving companion tinkering with a speeder, or Qyzen cornering a Subteroth that apparently snuck in, it would feel more homely if we can pick and choose who's there and doing what.

It kinda works for Theran, but it would be so much nicer to have a dropdown list with all/most the emotes and idle animations this game has to offer.