More Questions

Count_Azrael

I have a few more questions as I find myself trying to be more competitive endgame.

1. Stat Priorities and PvP gear

So I'm in the middle of finishing up my intitial exhumed PvP gear on my two lvl 60 toons and just realized I might have been doing this wrong... Should I have been mix and matching the exhumed gear or does it all need to be the same for a set bonus?

What I mean is, for example, my jedi shadow has exhumed stalker gear... But in order to get the right mix of surge, crit, accuracy etc should I have been mix and matching? The way it stands now I'm going to need to augment all my PvP gear with accuracy to get to the suggested 105-110 accuracy for shadows! Is that what people do to reach accuracy caps in their PvP gear?

2. Tips for Ops

I used the group finder to queue for an operation a few weeks back and after the hours of wait time it popped. At the time my Mara had just reached 60... He was decked out in 186 gear with everything but relics and implants augmented with 186 augs... The relics weren't augged and the implants were 162 augs

The group quickly booted me and said I was under geared for the op and that I shouldn't queue unless I was AT LEAST 186 with full 186 augs.

I'm there now... But just wanted to ask for some tips before I start queuing again,.. At this point I'm al out scared to tell people it's my first run and I may need to be told the mechanics... The community in general doesn't seem overly patient with players still learning. Any tips to help me be less unprepared?

3. As I turn my exhumed gear into reaver gear from unranked to ranked PvP... Is there any reason to hold onto the armor info for exhumed? I've been ripping the armor and mods out and putting them into gear I like the look of. When I trade in the exhumed shell is there any benefit to keeping two sets of PvP gear? (Ranked and unranked) or am I free to lose the armor by placing the new ones over top and save myself the 40k it costs to pull out all the mods?

I have a few more questions as I find myself trying to be more competitive endgame.

1. Stat Priorities and PvP gear

So I'm in the middle of finishing up my intitial exhumed PvP gear on my two lvl 60 toons and just realized I might have been doing this wrong... Should I have been mix and matching the exhumed gear or does it all need to be the same for a set bonus?

What I mean is, for example, my jedi shadow has exhumed stalker gear... But in order to get the right mix of surge, crit, accuracy etc should I have been mix and matching? The way it stands now I'm going to need to augment all my PvP gear with accuracy to get to the suggested 105-110 accuracy for shadows! Is that what people do to reach accuracy caps in their PvP gear?

There are instances where mixing set bonuses is more optimal than focusing on one. That being said, I do not know the PvP set bonuses well enough to advise. So, I will leave this to the PvP "experts."

2. Tips for Ops

I used the group finder to queue for an operation a few weeks back and after the hours of wait time it popped. At the time my Mara had just reached 60... He was decked out in 186 gear with everything but relics and implants augmented with 186 augs... The relics weren't augged and the implants were 162 augs

The group quickly booted me and said I was under geared for the op and that I shouldn't queue unless I was AT LEAST 186 with full 186 augs.

I'm there now... But just wanted to ask for some tips before I start queuing again,.. At this point I'm al out scared to tell people it's my first run and I may need to be told the mechanics... The community in general doesn't seem overly patient with players still learning. Any tips to help me be less unprepared?

The group that kicked you is not atypical. The problem is that most who queue want guaranteed success, and ANY possible obstacle to that goal will be dealt with severely (as in being kicked for being even slightly undergeared or not knowledgeable). The one tip I can offer is be situationally aware. For the most part, that means STAY OUT OF STUPID (AKA any colored reticule/code/AOE marker on the ground). There are also several targeted AOEs that you MUST move out of the raid so that only you are damaged. Dulfy.net and TORcommunity.com are good sources for guides (more Dulfy at the moment though since TORcommunity is still in the building stages) too, but if you are a DPS, most SM Ops mechanics are about avoiding/mitigating damage taken

3. As I turn my exhumed gear into reaver gear from unranked to ranked PvP... Is there any reason to hold onto the armor info for exhumed? I've been ripping the armor and mods out and putting them into gear I like the look of. When I trade in the exhumed shell is there any benefit to keeping two sets of PvP gear? (Ranked and unranked) or am I free to lose the armor by placing the new ones over top and save myself the 40k it costs to pull out all the mods?

Not that I can think of.

My answers are in RED

2. Tips for Ops

Which OP ?

Which difficult ? Story Mode (SM) or Hard Mode (HM) ?

Because the answers to these 2 questions define what we can tell you.

To me this looks a bit strange - but I must admit that I didn't do the new OPs yet - that you HAD almost everything in 186, and you were booted because people wanted AT LEAST 186 ...

For older OPs, you'd have no problem at all - but it *can* be that you were placed into OP queues in your Group Finder which were a bit overlevel to you *because* your char had just become level 60 ... Because for almost everything UNDER level 60 your gear should have been fine, I believe ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

My

You.

answers

can

are

parse

in RED

quotes.

:rak_04:

But yeah listen to psandak.

And for pvp and accuracy, you only need to hit 95% melee accuracy (basic attack only) which makes your special melee accuracy (everything else melee) and force accuracy at 105%. It's lower in pvp than pve because the base defense of most players (other than inquisitors and councilors) is 5% where most raid bosses get a 10% base defense. To put it an easier way: you only need a total of 5% worth of accuracy in gear for pvp and even then you can "live" with 2-4% if you haven't quite hit the 5%. You still won't be missing too much unless you're going after a tank.

You also don't have to mix and match gear, you use the whole stalker set but what you'll want to do is min/max it. What that means is you can rip out the mods and enhancements and replace them individually through the pvp vendors. The vendor that sells the gear also sells the mods separately and in the same area of fleet there is another vendor that sell just pvp enhancements. Most player switch out a lot of these because the stock stuff usually isn't optimized very well, as you've noticed already.

Edited by Ridickilis

That group didn't know what they were talking about. Operations done through Group Finder [only] are Bolstered, which will give anyone in any gear stats that are better than what you can get from full 186 commendation gear with 186 augments. Gear alone is never ever, under any circumstance, a reason to kick someone from a Group Finder Operation.

• 3 weeks later...

The only reason I know of is to gear one of your companions in PvP gear, this allows them the same benefits of expertise that you get from wearing it, by doing this it gives you a leg up on most people who would want to attack you (or that you decide to attack ;) ) in open world PvP. This isnt so much a be thing on a pve server as you can just not flag yourself but on a PvP server it can make your dailies and such go much smoother.