Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why flashpoints are dead in this game

Shwarzchild
03.09.2015 , 08:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by dbears View Post
Like Columi gear dropping from the last boss in HM 50s at release! Also when HM FPs had a lockout and could only be done once a day lol. #nostalga

EDIT: Or was it Tionese?
Throughout all these discussions, it's really made me believe they've gone the wrong direction with the group finder. I remember it being so much different when it first came out. It made sense. There was a direction to it that players could follow, and it didn't feel limiting. This version is just so clunky to me. I jump in and use it for the weekly hard mode mission, and then when that's done it's a flashpoint once a day if I can spare the time outside of Tuesdays and Thursdays just to give myself an excuse to play. Tuesdays and Thursdays I raid so no need to use the GF for that. And 16 man only for ops?! Go home group finder, you're drunk.

The gear that dropped actually went way farther than just LI and Rakgoul. With a little googling I found that:
Columi dropped on the end bosses from:
Black Talon
Boarding Party
False Emperor
Battle of Illum
Directive 7
Foundry
Kaon
LI

Quite a lot of opportunity there to get story mode raid quality gear. I'm just baffled as to why this whole idea of tying hardmode flashpoints to story mode raids ended up getting the axe. But, it did. I'm sure a lot of the posts saying that the flashpoints are too hard will die down tremendously after tomorrow's patch. Maybe it'll get some back into the fold who knows.

Loc_n_lol
03.09.2015 , 08:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dbears View Post
Like Columi gear dropping from the last boss in HM 50s at release! Also when HM FPs had a lockout and could only be done once a day lol. #nostalga

EDIT: Or was it Tionese?
Both. But mostly Columi because Tionese was already the minimum recommended.

bdatt
03.09.2015 , 08:19 AM | #13
Back in the day those columi/Rakata tokens were class specific and the drop was mostly random (maybe class stacking affected drop chance a bit). Ie a consular/inquisitor unassembled piece that any other class couldn't use.

Adding MK-2s with good mods and enhancements will get me running again but for those with poor memory please don't ask they go back to how tokens were in early game.

Shwarzchild
03.09.2015 , 08:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by bdatt View Post
Back in the day those columi/Rakata tokens were class specific and the drop was mostly random (maybe class stacking affected drop chance a bit). Ie a consular/inquisitor unassembled piece that any other class couldn't use.

Adding MK-2s with good mods and enhancements will get me running again but for those with poor memory please don't ask they go back to how tokens were in early game.
I think we're all just trying to say that back then there was a clear, and distinct, path for players to follow that was dictated by gear drops, and tier systems in group finder. It was, in my opinion, a bit more effective in getting people into the appropriate level content, as well as gear them up for the next levels as interest was piqued.

I'm not sure if what we currently see in the group finder, or gear drops, adds a real effective framework/ foundation for a casual player or otherwise to really feel that they can stand on to build interest in the end game content.

LukeTheGeek
03.09.2015 , 01:03 PM | #15
Why the group finder takes too long: Tanks don't want to queue into a bad group. And Conquest. Mainly Conquest.

AlrikFassbauer
03.10.2015 , 11:56 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeTheGeek View Post
Why the group finder takes too long: Tanks don't want to queue into a bad group. And Conquest. Mainly Conquest.
I'm new at tanking. I don't even know what a bad group looks like.
But - I must admit that my one and only tank charactrer sits there with level 26 or so still ...
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

Loc_n_lol
03.10.2015 , 12:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I don't even know what a bad group looks like.
Enemies take forever to kill because the dps sucks and you're constantly on low health or dying because the healer is... distracted.

iusCogens
03.10.2015 , 01:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I'm new at tanking. I don't even know what a bad group looks like.
But - I must admit that my one and only tank charactrer sits there with level 26 or so still ...
There are many things that DPS/Healer can do to make a Tank's life difficult. Pulling before the Tank, or healer that does damage instead of healing, for example. It's more forgiving in lower level flashpoint, but in HM it might cause a wipe if a player doesn't perform what is expected of their role. Korriban and Rakata HM are my favorite, until I met a healer that didn't know what cleanse is...

Pugging is a bit of a gamble. I always queue with a friend, at least I have someone I can count on.

MisterBlackJack
03.10.2015 , 06:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
Throughout all these discussions, it's really made me believe they've gone the wrong direction with the group finder. I remember it being so much different when it first came out. It made sense. There was a direction to it that players could follow, and it didn't feel limiting. This version is just so clunky to me. I jump in and use it for the weekly hard mode mission, and then when that's done it's a flashpoint once a day if I can spare the time outside of Tuesdays and Thursdays just to give myself an excuse to play. Tuesdays and Thursdays I raid so no need to use the GF for that. And 16 man only for ops?! Go home group finder, you're drunk.

The gear that dropped actually went way farther than just LI and Rakgoul. With a little googling I found that:
Columi dropped on the end bosses from:
Black Talon
Boarding Party
False Emperor
Battle of Illum
Directive 7
Foundry
Kaon
LI

Quite a lot of opportunity there to get story mode raid quality gear. I'm just baffled as to why this whole idea of tying hardmode flashpoints to story mode raids ended up getting the axe. But, it did. I'm sure a lot of the posts saying that the flashpoints are too hard will die down tremendously after tomorrow's patch. Maybe it'll get some back into the fold who knows.
Simple answer, they didn't want to people getting full set bonus pieces outside of ops, which in turn devalued the sm ops. Therefore they decided to put good gear in ops and the lesser quality gear in fps
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Shwarzchild
03.10.2015 , 09:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterBlackJack View Post
Simple answer, they didn't want to people getting full set bonus pieces outside of ops, which in turn devalued the sm ops. Therefore they decided to put good gear in ops and the lesser quality gear in fps
The argument now is that the ops are too hard for people in their current state, so how do we balance it so that people feel like they can do the ops with keeping the ops challenging for those who want to use them as a spring board to hard modes., So we could end up just keeping things as is, which I am ok with since I don't believe the operations namely Ravagers is unpuggable, or we do something about either rewards given or we agree that some other part needs to be messed with. I don't want them to mess with the difficulty, so I'd rather offer better drops to gear people up so they can run these.