Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why flashpoints are dead in this game

Island_Jedi
03.07.2015 , 06:14 AM | #1
Flashpoints have been some of the most fun I have had in this game. The narrative of Kaon under siege and Lost island were really well done, also the content was challenging and rewarding. The times I had in lost island really put a smile on my face, that second boss that we all love and hate. Having that tier of flashpoints was extremely fufilling and to be as a progressive player, I miss it a lot. Flashpoints were a major selling point of the game when it launched and is the equal of dungeons in many other games, so they are important content to get right.

The current tier of flashpoints is bad, why.

1. The amount of time and effort it takes to complete a flashpoint, does not reward any tangible benefits to a progression raider. Massasi gear is crap and Bioware advertises it like its something worth getting. I would rather do an sm operation, much more worth my time. I do have eight alts to gear up, so I want to spend that time wisely.

2. The narrative and setting of the new flashpoints are laughable compared to the fantastic older flashpoints. Kaon under siege, Lost island, the false emperor, and many more were a joy to complete.

3. The older tier of flashpoints were all relatively close in skill required to complete, this tier places two new harder flashpoints with older easier ones. The new flashpoints drop the same crap gear, for being more challenging, stupid!

4. The new flashpoints are designed in such a way that nobody wants to do them! Bioware if your gonna challenge me with new Flashpoints, give me loot! At least one set piece at the end. Give me a reason to do them, you wasted all that time and resources creating content that few want to play. Most progression raiders do it once, go meh, nice challenge, crap rewards, I think iam over that. The casual players avoid these new flashpoints all together, and now since you mixed them with the easier ones, casuals avoid flashpoints for fear of the dreaded bloodhunt, lolz.

Bioware goes "oh no, people are gearing up too fast, lets give them utterly useless gear, in a challenging flashpoint, with poor narrative, that will buy us time". When nobody wants to do your content, it has the opposite effect, it makes progression raiders, say "its a waste of time" and it makes casuals shriek in terror. I as a progression raider have no reason to do the new flashpoints. The rewards are so poor, that I do not even want to play them. Keep making content that nobody wants to play, that will give you more time.

Hey Bioware this expansion should not be called "shadow of Revan" it should be called "revenge of the devs". Boohoo we made DF and DP too easy and they burned through our content cycle too quick, qq. Hey guys make stuff tough, thats cool, I like that. Make the flashpoints hard, but make them good, make the rewards worth it. I have eight toons to gear up, I dont think giving some decent loot in FP's would destroy your content cycle. Lost island HM, was some of the most fun I had in this game, it was a win for the game back then.

What extends the life of a game? Giving players nice rewards they have to work for, or giving players content that they play once and say "I think thats one and done for me".

JouerTue
03.07.2015 , 06:23 AM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=799882

Spoiler
The Red Eclipse
Republic: anstacav, giranda, hobogo, vitulal, wasiq, zadoro, onovidi
Empire: astutillo, comel'am, covamo, heksebo, qarrarr, dadietr
The Harbringer- Republic: hobogo; Empire: qarrarr

Island_Jedi
03.07.2015 , 06:28 AM | #3
How does that address my post. The gear is still crap and now they are taking the challenge away, so I have less reason to even think about doing it.

mikegrijsen
03.07.2015 , 08:29 AM | #4
I play this game cause i like it, i find it fun.
Progenitor Sawbones

Vivito

Ghisallo
03.07.2015 , 08:54 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Island_Jedi View Post
How does that address my post. The gear is still crap and now they are taking the challenge away, so I have less reason to even think about doing it.
You said

Quote:
The new flashpoints are designed in such a way that NOBODY wants to do them! Bioware IF YOUR GONNA CHALLENGE ME with new Flashpoints, give me loot! At least one set piece at the end. GIVE ME a reason to do them,
What they did was reduce the level of challenge and increase the loot simply not to a level that you see rewarding for the PREVIOUS difficulty level. They did listen to your complaint, as it has been made by many non-stop since 3.0 dropped. Thing is of the "nobodies" you noted they chose to listen to a different subset of players. You simply don't like heir answer, but answer they did.
...We always arise from our own ashes. Everything returns later in its... changed form...
...To remind you that all humans make mistakes, and that all leaders are but human.
---Leto, Lion of Atreides

Ricky-Fast-Slash
03.07.2015 , 09:23 AM | #6
That and they are also making the flash-points and ops drop Mk-2's instead of complete garbage Mk-1's. Now you can at least get good mods or enhancements starting on Tuesday.

FridgeLM
03.07.2015 , 11:28 AM | #7
He's right about why higher end players don't queue for flashpoints.

I queued for them quite a bit at 50 because the rewards were worth it. At 55 they weren't worth it so I stopped, and that hasn't changed at 60. Off-pieces and comm rewards are literally vendor trash so what incentivizes a good player who knows what they're doing to go into this content? The answer is nothing unless for some reason they care about conquest points, which most weeks are more expediently farmed doing almost anything else.

I really don't understand why tier tokens can't drop off of bonus bosses or end bosses. It's not like people won't still do story mode ops, which would still be more efficient even if FPs did drop tokens.
<Death and Taxes>

psikofunkster
03.07.2015 , 01:41 PM | #8
Games are not forever you know, if you are a newbie playing swtor is gonna give you tons of fun but if you have played this game since the 2011 time to do different things.

OMGITSJAD
03.07.2015 , 04:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Island_Jedi View Post
Quote:
  • Level 60 Hard Mode Flashpoints and Story Mode Operations now drop MK-2 gear instead of MK-1.
No excuse for it to have taken this long to implement but still...
Apex Gunslinger Jadrya
Jad Bond, Virulent Marksman
How to play Sniper in Solo Ranked ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

dbears
03.09.2015 , 07:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
He's right about why higher end players don't queue for flashpoints.

I queued for them quite a bit at 50 because the rewards were worth it. At 55 they weren't worth it so I stopped, and that hasn't changed at 60. Off-pieces and comm rewards are literally vendor trash so what incentivizes a good player who knows what they're doing to go into this content? The answer is nothing unless for some reason they care about conquest points, which most weeks are more expediently farmed doing almost anything else.

I really don't understand why tier tokens can't drop off of bonus bosses or end bosses. It's not like people won't still do story mode ops, which would still be more efficient even if FPs did drop tokens.
Like Columi gear dropping from the last boss in HM 50s at release! Also when HM FPs had a lockout and could only be done once a day lol. #nostalga

EDIT: Or was it Tionese?