Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force barrier ruins pvp completely.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Force barrier ruins pvp completely.

xilc
03.05.2015 , 08:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Djiini View Post
Yeah, why should the squishiest DPS class IN THE ENTIRE GAME get some kind of defensive utility! I call hax!

Seriously, every other DPS in the game has medium or heavy armor (with the exception of Assassin/Shadow, which get...stealth, I guess? I don't play one). Get /over/ it.

Also, you're full of it, I was like the fourth or fifth post and I saw you say to remove it. Seconds =/= Minutes.
Do they not already have force armor, a castable buff to protect them from all damage? I see no reason why we can't get heroic moment in pvp if they can have force barrier. Seriously, you can have your force barrier, I'll gladly take heroic moment to level the playing field. You can be invulnerable, and I can be healed unfairly too!

Anzel
03.05.2015 , 08:46 PM | #12
You said "force barrier" but I think you mean to say "stuns". Amiright??????
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

hallucigenocide
03.05.2015 , 08:49 PM | #13
come on it's not that big of a deal.. as long as he's comfy in his little bubble he's not doing anything usefull.. so i say that's pretty fair..

Djiini
03.05.2015 , 08:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
come on it's not that big of a deal.. as long as he's comfy in his little bubble he's not doing anything usefull.. so i say that's pretty fair..
But don't you realize, kills are more important than any kind of objective in the wonderful world of PVP! How DARE they deny him a kill by taking themselves out of the action for 8 seconds!

The simple solution is to not bother fighting Sorcs/Sages and just killing their allies instead.

xilc
03.05.2015 , 08:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
It's completely unfair.... Sages can trade off use of force barrier where one heals the one in the barrier, and then the other one gets attacked and nearly killed, and then they heal each other like that. It was intended to serve as a spell to protect a sage in pve, not to make them invincible in pvp.....

Isaacone
03.05.2015 , 08:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by xilc View Post
Do they not already have force armor, a castable buff to protect them from all damage? I see no reason why we can't get heroic moment in pvp if they can have force barrier. Seriously, you can have your force barrier, I'll gladly take heroic moment to level the playing field. You can be invulnerable, and I can be healed unfairly too!
If they made heroic moments in pvp. Id stop playing pvp and i can assure many others would to. Also how does that even compare to a ability that sages and sorcs have?

xilc
03.05.2015 , 08:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Djiini View Post
But don't you realize, kills are more important than any kind of objective in the wonderful world of PVP! How DARE they deny him a kill by taking themselves out of the action for 8 seconds!

The simple solution is to not bother fighting Sorcs/Sages and just killing their allies instead.
Your solution is really to never attack a sage/sorc in pvp before they barrier....? Really, is that it? My hat is off to you now, good sir, I never thought of that.

Djiini
03.05.2015 , 08:54 PM | #18
Your solution is really to never attack a sage/sorc in pvp before they barrier....? Really, is that it? My hat is off to you now, good sir, I never thought of that.
I bet you think that was a good comeback.

It was not.

xilc
03.05.2015 , 08:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Isaacone View Post
If they made heroic moments in pvp. Id stop playing pvp and i can assure many others would to. Also how does that even compare to a ability that sages and sorcs have?
2% max health every 3 seconds is no big deal compared to a bubble that reduces 100% damage from all sources and allows the user to be healed from 1% to 100% health in seconds.

Djiini
03.05.2015 , 08:56 PM | #20
2% max health every 3 seconds is no big deal compared to a bubble that reduces 100% damage from all sources and allows the user to be healed from 1% to 100% health in seconds.
You know that the bubble does not HEAL THEM, right?

That's all their healer.

Their squishy, unprotected healer.