Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lord Modo in KDY takes WAY too long


LJ_Gibbs's Avatar


LJ_Gibbs
03.04.2015 , 08:31 PM | #1
In all seriousness, no TACTICAL FP with 3 DPS and 1 tank should EVER..... EVER take 9 minutes and one second to kill.

This needs fixed ... like YESTERDAY!

Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
03.04.2015 , 08:38 PM | #2
*facepalm*

So, you were in a group of windowlickers and mouthbreathers who had no idea how to play their class, and you're demanding BW/EA dumb it down so that morons who refuse to learn how to play can complete it more quickly?

Just wanted to make sure I'm hearing what you're saying.

Hei_Atzfel's Avatar


Hei_Atzfel
03.04.2015 , 08:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fidelicatessen View Post
*facepalm*

So, you were in a group of windowlickers and mouthbreathers who had no idea how to play their class, and you're demanding BW/EA dumb it down so that morons who refuse to learn how to play can complete it more quickly?

Just wanted to make sure I'm hearing what you're saying.
This is spot on.

Honestly though, it's this exact reason that makes me so happy the Scoundrel I'm currently leveling has the option to heal, because in situations such as this I can simply respec and carry the bads.

LJ_Gibbs's Avatar


LJ_Gibbs
03.04.2015 , 08:47 PM | #4
Yeah

You got me. When you are under level 25 and have about 3 abilities to click, it''s REALLY tough to play.

Name one OPERATION that has a 9 minute boss fight.

Fidelicatessen's Avatar


Fidelicatessen
03.04.2015 , 09:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Yeah

You got me. When you are under level 25 and have about 3 abilities to click, it''s REALLY tough to play.

Name one OPERATION that has a 9 minute boss fight.
If you only have 3 abilities to click at level 15 and above (you can't enter KDY under level 15), then you REALLY need to read your tooltips and load up your quickbar. At level 4? Sure! At level 15? Umm... have you been training up as you level?

Seriously, KDY is the EASIEST content in the game. Asking for it to be nerfed is laughable.

EDIT: Of course, there is always the possibility that you're simply trolling. In which case, hey! YOU GOT ME!

LJ_Gibbs's Avatar


LJ_Gibbs
03.04.2015 , 09:37 PM | #6
Nah just feeding the trolls... I am asking for ONE... yes ONE boss to be fixed. Not all of them... not the whole thing. Just one stupid 9 minute boss fight boss. The droid... easy with coordination. The guy with the grenades... the same.

So I exaggerated a little bit when I said 3 abilities. But even at level 15, you have about 5 or 6 really crappy attacks. It's the only boss fight that takes more than 4-5 minutes in all the KDY end boss battles.

iusCogens's Avatar


iusCogens
03.04.2015 , 11:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Name one OPERATION that has a 9 minute boss fight.
I can name a few: SnV has Operation Chief (if you count in city infiltration event) and Olok the Shadow, TFB has Operator IX and Terror From Beyond, DP has Calphayus, ToS has Revan. I hope you're just comparing length and not difficulty.

Personally I find it amusing that among the whining to nerf Rav and ToS there is a call to nerf KDY, of all things.

Kacynski's Avatar


Kacynski
03.05.2015 , 12:53 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Nah just feeding the trolls... I am asking for ONE... yes ONE boss to be fixed. Not all of them... not the whole thing. Just one stupid 9 minute boss fight boss. The droid... easy with coordination. The guy with the grenades... the same.

So I exaggerated a little bit when I said 3 abilities. But even at level 15, you have about 5 or 6 really crappy attacks. It's the only boss fight that takes more than 4-5 minutes in all the KDY end boss battles.
You think 9 minutes on Modo is long? Had a group needing more than 20 minutes for Sairisi in Manaan HM, was fun to heal, but I felt sorry for the tank

Modo takes long if people spend most of their time hanging around (no pun intended) and Sairisi takes that long if people insist on dps'ing one droid at a time. Both cases show that a group did not understand the fights mechanic and in both cases these fights can be way quicker if everything is done right.

Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
03.05.2015 , 01:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LJ_Gibbs View Post
Nah just feeding the trolls... I am asking for ONE... yes ONE boss to be fixed. Not all of them... not the whole thing. Just one stupid 9 minute boss fight boss. The droid... easy with coordination. The guy with the grenades... the same.

So I exaggerated a little bit when I said 3 abilities. But even at level 15, you have about 5 or 6 really crappy attacks. It's the only boss fight that takes more than 4-5 minutes in all the KDY end boss battles.
Last time I checked, Modo had about 780k HP.

Over 9 minutes with 4 toons, that comes out to about 360 dps per player. A low-level toon bolstered in KDY can do more than that with their free basic attacks.

Are you straight up lying about the 9 minutes?

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
03.05.2015 , 01:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Last time I checked, Modo had about 780k HP.

Over 9 minutes with 4 toons, that comes out to about 360 dps per player. A low-level toon bolstered in KDY can do more than that with their free basic attacks.

Are you straight up lying about the 9 minutes?
If 3/4 are getting themselves stunned over and over and over again (by standing in the stupid) then I suspect it probably took 9 minutes.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!