Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gunslinger vs. Sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Gunslinger vs. Sniper

darthbored
12.24.2011 , 02:01 PM | #1
I can see the similarities in all the mirror classes but as far as these go whats the real difference? One uses a sniper whereas the other uses two blaster pistols, would their dps be equivalent?

I currently want to have 4 unique AC on each faction, and i already have an operative on empire but really wanted to try a sniper after seeing what they can do, so i was looking at rolling a gunslinger. If i dont do that ill have to delete my operative, make a sniper, and then roll a scoundrel on republic later on.

Bgiffo
12.24.2011 , 03:01 PM | #2
They are mechanically the same, but aesthetically different.

Master_Fel
12.24.2011 , 06:21 PM | #3
Yeah, they're meant to be the same essentially as Snipers.
Alor'ad Verden Fel
Juaan ner'vode, ni atinii darasuum.
Beside my brothers, I endure eternity.
Website - The Champions of Mandalore - Forums

PhilippKausch
12.24.2011 , 07:18 PM | #4
And obviously most people find the IA/Sniper story more interesting than the Smuggler/Gunslinger storyline. But mechanically they are equivalents.

Sentidious
12.25.2011 , 02:12 AM | #5
My main character is a sniper..I have alts of all the 4 empire classes and a few republic ones..My sniper is currently 37 and he is by far my favorite character. The story is awesome and my dps is fantastic. It's really fun to do PVP with sniper. I would highly recommend you try it.

PhilippKausch
12.25.2011 , 03:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentidious View Post
My main character is a sniper..I have alts of all the 4 empire classes and a few republic ones..My sniper is currently 37 and he is by far my favorite character. The story is awesome and my dps is fantastic. It's really fun to do PVP with sniper. I would highly recommend you try it.
Sounds like I really have to roll a Sniper as well. My Mirialan Smuggler just looks so great, I really like him and sadly there are no Empire Mirialans

But isn't it a bit boring to play the same side-quests over and over again?