Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

stealthrider
12.25.2011 , 03:08 AM | #21
She gets a cooldown. 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds, 2min CD.

ANd btw, an elite isn't a big deal. Two elites is a big deal. Two strongs and six standards is a big deal. AN elite and a strong is a big deal.

One elite is cake even without a companion. Call me when Kaliyo tanks a Heroic 4 for you.

Edit: One elite is easy to lock down with CC, Diversion, etc to help keep Kaliyo alive. Multiple enemies is where Kaliyo's weakness is revealed. She *needs* our CC to survive.
 /l、
(゚、 。 7 - Adorable cat is adorable.
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Eisenhart
12.25.2011 , 07:57 AM | #22
This is just my experience as a sniper, but i find Kaliyo weak lategame. I find it much better to get Loke out and use myself as a tank with healing.

For kaliyo to tank lategame you must keep all her gear max, which means youre gearing up 2 people, you dont have to do that with Loke. If you just keep yourself geared up then as a sniper you get enough defensive abilities to survive the fights, even elites are easy without anyone dying.

hrelas
12.25.2011 , 08:18 AM | #23
I basically can't play without Kaliyo. I'll die.

Strah
12.25.2011 , 08:18 AM | #24
So you killed an elite mob of equal level and that proves kaliyo is good?
wat.

y u no make sense?

Stillnotking
12.25.2011 , 09:33 AM | #25
The difference between a tanking companion and a DPS companion in survivability terms is very small, and more than offset by the fact that a DPS companion makes the fight shorter = you are less likely to run out of resources.

I experimented a lot with tanking vs. DPS companions (mostly SCORPIO vs. Temple on Voss/Corellia) and I was more successful with DPS. They were equally geared, not amazing stuff but mostly equivalent-level blues. Although poor SCORPIO can't find a blue or orange techstaff to save her life.

DPS companions are the way to go.
Imperial Agent - Operative - Medic
"Every man is surrounded by a neighborhood of voluntary spies." - Jane Austen

Ahebish
12.25.2011 , 10:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricus View Post
I recently noticed that kaliyo doesn't have much armor. She needs something similar to the BH Ion Gas Cylinder Buff because she's only getting about 2.3k armor with the gear I've provided her. Though yet I've seen BHs of the same level get almost 5k armor rating.
Well I will agree more mitigation would be acceptable. But I don't think she's totally worthless as some people imply.

Ahebish
12.25.2011 , 10:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by stealthrider View Post
She gets a cooldown. 25% damage reduction for 12 seconds, 2min CD.

ANd btw, an elite isn't a big deal. Two elites is a big deal. Two strongs and six standards is a big deal. AN elite and a strong is a big deal.

One elite is cake even without a companion. Call me when Kaliyo tanks a Heroic 4 for you.

Edit: One elite is easy to lock down with CC, Diversion, etc to help keep Kaliyo alive. Multiple enemies is where Kaliyo's weakness is revealed. She *needs* our CC to survive.
They call it a Heroic 4 for a reason.

4 players not 3 players and a companion.

I suppose I'm the only one who remembers BW stating specifically that some heroics are designed not to be completable with companions.

And FYI, I did Blood and Sand 3 man with kaliyo tanking 3 gold elites 2 silvers.

Granted all 3 gold elites were CC'd we took down the silvers and then systematically took down the elites.

But I guess tactics goes out the window with some people.

Ahebish
12.25.2011 , 10:50 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by strah View Post
so you killed an elite mob that out leveled you and that proves kaliyo is good?
Wat.

Y u no make sense?
fixed

Ahebish
12.25.2011 , 10:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Stillnotking View Post
The difference between a tanking companion and a DPS companion in survivability terms is very small, and more than offset by the fact that a DPS companion makes the fight shorter = you are less likely to run out of resources.

I experimented a lot with tanking vs. DPS companions (mostly SCORPIO vs. Temple on Voss/Corellia) and I was more successful with DPS. They were equally geared, not amazing stuff but mostly equivalent-level blues. Although poor SCORPIO can't find a blue or orange techstaff to save her life.

DPS companions are the way to go.
I guess if you are going tank spec IA with defense rating it makes sense.

Silly me for wanting to go DPS spec and not having to tank everything when I can use my companion for that. :/

Just for ***** n grins, I'm going to make another video but taking Vector this time against this level 33 elite.

Let's see how it goes.

But a tactical FYI I used sever tendon so I could kite the elite around and slowly bleed him. That being said, I get to face tank the elite this time since Vector is useless for agro management.

So this video should be informative and why I choose to use kaliyo more than Vector.

Ahebish
12.25.2011 , 11:07 AM | #30
lol

I couldn't even make it past a check point of 1 silver and 6 standard level 33's with Vector.

Ya DPS is the way to go for sure. This 33 gold elite fight is going to be fun