Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

Defilade
12.24.2011 , 03:06 PM | #11
Yeah we know. This is what people are complaining about. Every single elite situation Kaliyo is put into, she usually dies with you resorting to using every single c/d in your arsenal. Other classes with tanks don't have to deal with their companion dying or nearly dying every difficult pull and then having downtime.

I'm 40 now and have used Doctor Lokin for 5 levels and he is superior. I actually finish elite mobs with BOTH of us alive and minimal c/d usage.

The point about Kaliyo is she sucks. She functions to a degree and you could easily get to 50 with her, but there are easier options. Not to mention, other classes again have a much easier time leveling. Its just a quality of life issue.

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 04:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Defilade View Post
Yeah we know. This is what people are complaining about. Every single elite situation Kaliyo is put into, she usually dies with you resorting to using every single c/d in your arsenal. Other classes with tanks don't have to deal with their companion dying or nearly dying every difficult pull and then having downtime.

I'm 40 now and have used Doctor Lokin for 5 levels and he is superior. I actually finish elite mobs with BOTH of us alive and minimal c/d usage.

The point about Kaliyo is she sucks. She functions to a degree and you could easily get to 50 with her, but there are easier options. Not to mention, other classes again have a much easier time leveling. Its just a quality of life issue.
Well ya, that tends to happen in group activities as well with players.... difference is player tanks have healers, kaliyo doesn't.

Simple logic

Incidently here's the video for those who think it can't be done.

You do realize I'm 2 levels below what I should be to be on Taris, and yet the last 3 planets I've been on I've done every mission lower level than I needed to be. Also, the fact I too have beat elites without dying or kaliyo dying. But, case and point "Level 33 gold elite" vs level 30 big difference. Do it against an elite my own level and it's a cake walk.

You also aren't conceiting the point in regards to gear. Gear matters. despite what elitest will tell you.

Here's the video of me fighting the 33 gold elite again for the 2nd time... because a screenshot wasn't good enough the first time.

Again noting that kaliyo is in green gear for the most part with exception to the weapon.

33_Gold_Elite.avi

dark_madmax
12.24.2011 , 04:45 PM | #13
Do you want posts of BH soloing minibosses ? Because soloing elite is lol. I soloed DK HK-8 ( lvl 16 miniboss 25k HP) at lvl 14 as merc,

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 04:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by dark_madmax View Post
Do you want posts of BH soloing minibosses ? Because soloing elite is lol
No, I want to see you solo a gold elite 3 levels above you with your tank companion

While wearing medium armor and your companion in all greens.

Incidently this ain't the BH forums. Go troll somewhere else.

I already think BH mercs are OP as it is in pvp so the fact you solo it on one doesn't impress me at all.

Now if you did it on your IA at level 14 I'd be impressed but we both know that isn't possible.

So what is your point?

Autreki
12.24.2011 , 04:59 PM | #15
i solod one of the heroic bosses in balmorra with her as a tank dps - all i did was healed her and provided a bit of dps.

with proper gear she can be your tank without any problems...
-MVM-

marshalleck
12.24.2011 , 05:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Autreki View Post
i solod one of the heroic bosses in balmorra with her as a tank dps - all i did was healed her and provided a bit of dps.

with proper gear she can be your tank without any problems...
Balmorra is nothing. Mobs start hitting much harder once you get to Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris, etc. That's where you'll notice enemies quickly chewing through Kaliyo's health even when she's sporting up-to-date blues and customs.

Not saying she sucks or is impossible to solo with...but you will notice a big difference.

Ahebish
12.24.2011 , 05:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by marshalleck View Post
Balmorra is nothing. Mobs start hitting much harder once you get to Tatooine, Alderaan, Taris, etc. That's where you'll notice enemies quickly chewing through Kaliyo's health even when she's sporting up-to-date blues and customs.

Not saying she sucks or is impossible to solo with...but you will notice a big difference.
Yep.

Go try fighting a Womprat at level 22 when it spawns 2 level 27 non elites and if you win I'll be very impressed because it's not possible to win with or without your companion.

I'll let people who are stupid enough to try figure out why. I ended up in that situation by accident and someone flying by on a speeder ended up killing them for me.

Whoever that was I do appreciate that, it wasn't my intention to fight them.

Aricus
12.24.2011 , 09:22 PM | #18
I recently noticed that kaliyo doesn't have much armor. She needs something similar to the BH Ion Gas Cylinder Buff because she's only getting about 2.3k armor with the gear I've provided her. Though yet I've seen BHs of the same level get almost 5k armor rating.

Dannicus
12.24.2011 , 09:36 PM | #19
Kaliyo sucks cuz she gets nothing more than a chance to shield absorb. She needs actual mitigation. I feel like Aric Jorgan lasted longer than she did when I played trooper in Beta, while having far superior damage output and area effect from him at the same time. I last longer than she does with medium armor and the same health.

She's only useful because she meatshields long enough to kill enough of a mob group that you can cover from the remainder after she dies. I soloed an early 2+ heroic on Nar Shadaa recently, and only thanks to biochem did I win, since there's a medpac type that acts as a battle rez for companions aside from its healing. Had I done it with my trooper at the same level, I'd have beasted it no problem.

SynergyX
12.24.2011 , 09:46 PM | #20
This is stupid because this isn't even the worst part of Kaliyo. I did that all the time but she usually died. Get like 3 strongs and she dies in 2 seconds and you can't do enough damage to make her death mean something. I solo'd the class quest at the end of Quesh, I won't spoil anything but it's a 1v1 fight. I was 38 and the mob was 41. I used Temple and while the fight could have been easier using Doctor Lokin probably, I know I couldn't have been able to beat the fight with Kaliyo. The fact of the matter is she takes as much damage as a DPS companion but does half the damage.

The way I beat hard fights these days at level ~40 is by bouncing agro between me and Temple or Vector and using knock backs, interrupts, and CC to be able to last long enough to put out enough damage.