Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
To people who think Kaliyo is uesless

Gronkaarr
10.19.2012 , 07:42 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
Well, from experience, using a tank as a non-healer will result in the tank companion dying as fast as a dps, the only difference is, if you attack the same one as the tank, the enemies will not attack you until the tank companion is defeated, but that doesn't change the fact that without the tank stance armor bonus that bioware removed from it, using tank companions without being a healer to heal them non-stop, there is no point in using them when you have a choice.
if you're a concealment operative you need to be able to backstab whenever its off cooldown. so having a tank companion like kaliyo can help if you take her taunt ability off autocast and you control when she taunts. this lets you backstab if you happen to get aggro, which you probably will because your dps will be a lot higher than your companion's

Saregon
10.19.2012 , 07:56 PM | #112
I have her in tank gear, in tank stance, and she's about as tanky as a wet paper bag...so yeah, pretty useless I'd say.
N e v e r . F o r g e t
Here is my Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

Slurmez
10.19.2012 , 08:12 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by RamathRS View Post
You do realize, don't you, that all npc tanks are the same...

Gear them up in equivalent gear, and they are all the same. The only difference is between Ranged Tanks and Melee Tanks, in that they hold the enemies in different places.

I prefer Melee tanks, but that has nothing to do with who's who.

Also, be aware that you can't gear SCORPIO past crafted gear, unless you're willing to spend 600k-1.5mil on each individual armoring on the GTN. Kaliyo, at leat, can still wear Tionese-Campaign Bounty Hunter gear.
eh? modable droid bits are fairly easy to find so scorpio is as easy to set up as the others albeit with the added cost of extracting mods from tionese-campaign to go in them

Valentuhr
10.20.2012 , 02:08 AM | #114
I hate Kaliyo with a passion. Imperial Agent companion swap,

Lieutenant Pierce > Kaliyo

Make it happen...

Path-x
10.23.2012 , 02:52 PM | #115
It doesn't really bother me that she is useless combat-wise. It is just that she is by far the most annoying and despicable companion story-wise of all classes (not to mention completely inappropriate for the given class and not to mention you are stuck with her almost until Tatooine).
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Ahebish
10.23.2012 , 08:01 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
It doesn't really bother me that she is useless combat-wise. It is just that she is by far the most annoying and despicable companion story-wise of all classes (not to mention completely inappropriate for the given class and not to mention you are stuck with her almost until Tatooine).
Holy necro batman!

lol I remember when I made this thread long *** time ago.

Path-x
10.24.2012 , 10:57 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Holy necro batman!

lol I remember when I made this thread long *** time ago.
Well I made a tread in "story and lore" some time ago and it was/is quite popular.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.